Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75: DE / Disc = 0 / Tone = DP / Sens = "medium"

Posted by go-rebels 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75: DE / Disc = 0 / Tone = DP / Sens = "medium"
September 05, 2009 03:47PM
I tried this setting yesterday and was pleasantly surprised! The key was setting the sensitivity so low that when the coil was held in the air, you would hear a tick or pop only every second or two. The DP tone really made the deep silver "ring" (kind of Explorer-like) and the Sens=0 seemed to really smooth out the response and give a nice "round" tone to coin shaped objects. Testing my stock 11" DD in my rock-hard test bed showed no loss in sensivity compared to (noisier) higher gains and moderate (6-15) discrimination.

The only down side was that nickels didn't give off the high pitch like what 4H outputs.

Testing of the 5" DD is next...

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2009 03:48PM by go-rebels.
Re: F75: DE / Disc = 0 / Tone = DP / Sens = "medium"
September 10, 2009 12:11PM
Are you saying DP will detect silver better or only give a better sound?
September 10, 2009 12:39PM
I don't have any experience to say that it will detect silver better, but I like the tonal quality of deep copper and silver compared the fixed "high tone" of 4 or 4H. It's just my personel preference and you may come to a difference conclusion in your soil.
Unfortunately
September 10, 2009 04:03PM
A lot depends on your ground which differ greatly over the 50 States.
Certainly good info and worth a try in your neck of the woods..
Also worth a try
September 10, 2009 04:41PM
The dp mode on the F75 sounds similar to my son in law's E Trac.
Re: Also worth a try
September 10, 2009 11:31PM
Good info to be shared. Also.......remember: Be careful with this dp mode..... as many Civil War pewter buttons, small gold coins, nickels, 3-Cent nickels, MANY relics..... and/or any item in the 'foil' range will give you a low iron tone whilst in dp mode.
September 11, 2009 03:53AM
Yes, I must qualify that I use this setup only when I'm coinhunting, and mainly looking for older copper and silver.