Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 LTD

Posted by go-rebels 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 LTD
September 12, 2009 03:23AM
[detectorstuff.com]

The "Boost Process" is interesting; maybe it's like the "gain" control on the Explorers. I wonder what you're giving up running in this mode, or if it now becomes the default mode of operation with no downside.
Re: F75 LTD
September 12, 2009 05:09AM
A new T2 LTD is also coming! I hope they addressed the EMI issues, if so, it might be worth digging some extra clad this summer smiling smiley
September 12, 2009 01:04PM
The ad said Only available holiday 2009
Does that mean thy will pull it back after that
Someone run it thought a test garden quick
against old F75 thanks Mike

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2009 11:16AM by gman.
September 13, 2009 02:31AM
The new machines appear to share the same platform as the current F-75 and T2. After the initial Holiday production run, First Texas should offer an upgrade to current users of the F-75 and T2. I am sure the upgrade would not be cheap; however, I can't imagine it would be near the cost of a new machine. Furthermore, I am sure that there are dealers who are sitting on a significant inventory of new F-75's that would be hard to move if the LTD's end up being a significant improvement over the current F-75 / T2. Hello, FT are you listening. Anybody else feel the same way I do?

Leo
September 13, 2009 11:45AM
I'm certain many, many factors have been taken into consideration. First (& foremost) is; release-to-the-public newest substantial technology discovery/invention. There will ALWAYS be some form of hardship....somewhere/somehow (can't please all) in nearly every application. Remember; we want to encourage the Design Engineers for ANYTHING! It is the PR & Marketing Dept that handles/measures R.O.I. for the rest of the company's decisions. I (somewhat) surmise there may be more going on inside the new F75.... that (might) preclude "just a simple upgrade" to convert the older F75's. This question remains open. Right now.......IRT to greater depths; I'll take it absolutely any way I can get it. And if it means an entirely new unit....it's worth the price. TOO much "in-the-know" with target depth strata..... and it's deep!

Tom
September 13, 2009 01:49PM
I doubt that First Texas will offer an upgrade. It would kill the sale of new machines, and along with that the marginal profit they make on the carryover parts (coils, display, shafts, etc...)

I suspect that after the initial holiday run, the CAMO color scheme will be gone and they'll revert back to the conservative black design they have now (which I prefer) and the upgraded processor/software.
September 13, 2009 07:05PM
Concur & concur. And none of my hunting equipment is 'camo'.
September 14, 2009 10:06AM
FT is second to none in research and development. If these new machines get an inch or so more depth than their predecessors, I'll be thankful for it. If two months from now they upgrade again, I'll be thankful for that too. Improvements come in small increments, and I'll take all I can get.
September 14, 2009 10:29AM
A inch or so does not cut it for me .
I think 2.5 inches would do .It would be like buying a larger coil
but getting to swing a smaller one
September 14, 2009 11:01AM
Posted by Mr. Bill in the Findmall Site; He's obviously got one!

"Hunting in trashy areas harder to deal with. One can used the LTD in any location one can use the standard F75 in. You will need to keep in mind the limitations of running high power.

I don't care how successful one can be with the F75 in a trashy park, adding more sensitivity to it does not enhance your results of finding good targets. The trashier the area, the less sensitivity one needs.

The F75 LTD was designed for open area, deep hunting. If you have success using it in a different environment, all the more power to ya. Don't misunderstand me, first it's still a F75, and does all the things a standard F75 can do. They boosted the processor speed and added a couple of new programs that can be used."

Mr Bill's comment tends to contradict one of the characteristics of the F75: that is, that increased sensitivity in "boost" mode tends to make target separation/discrimination more difficult.

NASA-Tom, your turn...
September 14, 2009 10:00PM
First, the Ltd does not have a faster microprocessor; rather, it'll be a slow & slower mode for the deeper targets. Coil sweep speed will need to be decelerated accordingly. This is a good thing...and is congruent with human nature...... as ..... when you start to hear many more targets (due to Ltd 'lighting-up' more targets) the natural tendency would be to instinctively/intuitively slow down sweep-speed anyway. It's a requirement to better target separation and greater depth. The microprocessor will need a slightly longer time to 'see' and process the target. This sounds difficult, but, you will most probably subconsciously adjust your habits nearly instantly.....on-the-fly......and never know you changed. The human brain compensates for more than you think!

A 'boosted' detector does not necessarily mean 'worse' adjacent target separation characteristics; rather, more targets to hear; subsequently (potentially) confusing the operator.....and startling the operator with just exactly how MANY targets are truly in the ground. Confuse me & startle me; I'M READY!

Tom
September 15, 2009 01:38AM
Tom, I've been reading your posts anticipating the LTD and what it might do. You are right on the money and you're MORE than ready.
September 15, 2009 11:57AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> First, the Ltd does not have a faster
> microprocessor; rather, it'll be a slow & slower
> mode for the deeper targets...
> Tom

Tom this is interesting, isn't this effectively what Fisher did with the SL (slow) mode on the F70?

FRL is advertising the LTDs with a "more powerful processor" (quoted from their advertisement). That doesn't necessarily mean it's a faster clock speed, it could mean many things - 64 bit vs 32 bit, larger memory pipeline, etc.

Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2009 12:01PM by Cal_cobra.
September 16, 2009 01:04AM
Brian/Brad = Thanks/True.
.....And yes, the SL (slow) mode on the F70 is similar to the Ltd. Thing is.... with the F70 in SL mode, then, and only then, you will ascertain F75 depth....but must sweep the coil a bit slower. I'd rather have the speed of the F75 AND the full depth capabilities....without the requirement of having to go slower to ascertain similar depth capabilities.
Different animal with the Ltd. It is the human brain that will NEED a slower sweep-speed.