Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Has anyone tried the Sorex 7281 or 7272 out of Russia yet?...

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Has anyone tried the Sorex 7281 or 7272 out of Russia yet?...
March 09, 2013 07:39AM
Great looking depth from the 7272 but no information on masking ability and it does not have the english menu yet. About $1200 plus $80 shipping for the Signum 7272 and $730 plus $80 shipping for the 7281 with English menu. Any info would be helpful...Stuart
Re: Has anyone tried the Sorex 7281 or 7272 out of Russia yet?...
March 09, 2013 07:23PM
I think Scott Hughey in Maine has a couple Of them if I am not mistaken...

might try and locate him...

He has vid's on youtube [www.youtube.com]

Hes a nice guy He will help you out I am sure

He seems to like it better than the f75 s.e for depth in his dirt if I remember correctly..

I think the machine runs in a mixed mode all metal and disc,,but I may be mistaken..

Keith
March 10, 2013 12:44AM
he's got them on trsrenet selling them now i think
March 10, 2013 09:53AM
I wonder how their top of the range models are - Use google translate - [aka.2000.ru]

The 7272 is 35000 Rubles (roughly 1136 dollars or 874 Euros) - Says on the site it air tests a 25mm coin at 65cm (25.5"!!!) with the 10" 7kHz coil (You swap coils to change freqs - like the XTerra).
The 7281 Pro is 25000 Rubles ( roughly 812 dollars or 624 Euros) - I read on a forum it will air test a 25mm coil at 36-38cm (14"-15", more reasonable). The guy on treasurenet said it was 30%-40% deeper in the ground than the X-Terra 705 with the 10DD coil - which I find very hard to believe. Here is the thread - [www.treasurenet.com]

Note - I know air tests aren't everything but they are something, especially considering it is a similar unit and same manufacturer.

Note that 7281 is a higher number, might be a newer unit then. But I read it doesn't even go as deep as some of the older units, think it might just be a bit faster and also is the only unit, I think, available with an English manual. I am more interested in the 7272, since it says it goes deeper. Some youtube searching is in order.

I am very curious about the units as they sound very interesting and the vector based V3i like analysis, is useful (judging by the videos and my V3i experience). Might be a bit more than the V3i though in that it might use more variables.

The sounds are interesting. Never had a CZ machine, but the sound reminds me a bit of the youtube videos I've heard. Also, has a touch of a Minelab sound in a sense.

Related - With the advent and depth of the DeepTech machines, which are single frequency, I wonder what someone (hint hint Fisher's Dave Johnson) can do with a MF unit???

Albert.
March 11, 2013 03:13AM
Thanks, Keith and Albert. Albert, your thinking is exactly like mine. Depth difference of the 7272 is what makes it look great. I can not get the translate on the manual to work. I might consider purchasing it if I could deceifer the manual and it can unmask iron, otherwise it is just another blisstool. Great on deep targets so long as iron is not present.That is a lot of money to gamble on if a detector can do better than it's competition without some proof of what it is capable of.
March 11, 2013 09:38AM
search and recovery - I bet if you get the English manual for the Pro 7281 that a lot of it will transfer over to the 7272 (perhaps you can "fill in" the rest) - though the later has more buttons on the right side.
Very interesting machine and I'm sure someone is working on a translation of the manual.
March 15, 2013 12:34AM
I did finally manage the translation of the 7272 and it is an interesting manual to read. I am not really thrilled with computer graphic machines, but this one does look interesting. I particularly like the hodographic graphics that show flat iron objects as a loop and coin sized objects as a straight line. Could be such a help on some of my relic sights. Just no information on its unmasking ability. More research in order before I commit to this machine. By the way, the 7281 and the 7272 Pro are with English menus. Their top of the line machine which looks more like a Deus is not in English.