Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

OK PROs, I got a ?

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
OK PROs, I got a ?
March 18, 2013 06:52PM
Dose anyone know anything about the PULSETECH MINIPULSE PI detector? I was looking at one and someone said it would not do good on gold because it ran at 20 or 30 what ever that is they run. It is cheep , so i though it might be good on beach. Can anyone help? Thanks Flintstone
Re: OK PROs, I got a ?
March 18, 2013 10:40PM
I am not a Pro but I will answer what I Know...

I believe the pulsetech was made about 20 years ago in England maybe not sure on that..

a pulse can run quite well in salt...butt he newer ones with ground bal is the better way to go...

I prefer to have a ground bal. pulse detector...and now a days the tone options are most helpful to..

if it runs at 20-30 decay it wont be hot on small gold...that's why it is running that fast....no gound bal so the decay speed is taking out the ground response...so the smaller gold will get lost in the below 20 decay...

All items have a decay rate....small gold's is quick....large silver is slow...what does that mean? Well when a target is energized with a pulse machine is holds the energy for micro seconds to it is depleted of a charge..small gold will hold a pulse charge for just a tiny amount of time as will ground mineral like salt...So if the decay rate which on the detector is pulse delay setting is set to say 20 and the gold cant hold a charge for no longer than 10 then when the detector fires again it cant hear the target because it is no longer energized...

But wet salt sand and such also holds a charge and also certain mineral and such....so if a P.I. does not have a ground bal. to help compensate the manufacturer will run the pulse higher to keep from getting feedback from the mineral...larger gold like ring's and coins are fine they will still be above the 20 pulse decay...but smaller gold is lost some if it is even lost at 10 but below 10 is hard to build I understand ...

But also remember on a Pulse machine there is no real disc circuit..so it s not as easy as saying small gold decay's fast and large silver decays slow...Because all that is size dependent also.... iron included!!!!!!!!

Everyone needs a Pulse unit to play with that ground bal's...They are fun to learn...

Keith
March 19, 2013 12:40AM
Thanks Keith, This one will disc up to pulltab, is what i was told. What dose that mean? Flintstone
March 19, 2013 12:51AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am not a Pro but I will answer what I Know...
>
> I believe the pulsetech was made about 20 years
> ago in England maybe not sure on that..
>
> a pulse can run quite well in salt...butt he newer
> ones with ground bal is the better way to go...
>
> I prefer to have a ground bal. pulse
> detector...and now a days the tone options are
> most helpful to..
>
> if it runs at 20-30 decay it wont be hot on small
> gold...that's why it is running that fast....no
> gound bal so the decay speed is taking out the
> ground response...so the smaller gold will get
> lost in the below 20 decay...
>
> All items have a decay rate....small gold's is
> quick....large silver is slow...what does that
> mean? Well when a target is energized with a pulse
> machine is holds the energy for micro seconds to
> it is depleted of a charge..small gold will hold a
> pulse charge for just a tiny amount of time as
> will ground mineral like salt...So if the decay
> rate which on the detector is pulse delay setting
> is set to say 20 and the gold cant hold a charge
> for no longer than 10 then when the detector fires
> again it cant hear the target because it is no
> longer energized...
>
> But wet salt sand and such also holds a charge and
> also certain mineral and such....so if a P.I.
> does not have a ground bal. to help compensate the
> manufacturer will run the pulse higher to keep
> from getting feedback from the mineral...larger
> gold like ring's and coins are fine they will
> still be above the 20 pulse decay...but smaller
> gold is lost some if it is even lost at 10 but
> below 10 is hard to build I understand ...
>
> But also remember on a Pulse machine there is no
> real disc circuit..so it s not as easy as saying
> small gold decay's fast and large silver decays
> slow...Because all that is size dependent also....
> iron included!!!!!!!!
>
> Everyone needs a Pulse unit to play with that
> ground bal's...They are fun to learn...
>
> Keith

Keith, I want to commend you! The post above shows your generosity in helping others with information on this site. That's what it's all about winking smiley

Instead of "phoning it in", you always seem to go above & beyond in your posts with technical info & help.

I know it takes time & energy to write such detailed explanations. So...

Thank You, Keith!!!
March 19, 2013 03:22AM
I second what nynjdigger said...especially after seeing you peck...I mean type on that how to post a pic video...thanks for all you contribute!!
March 19, 2013 04:53AM
It mean's the pulse delay can go past the decay time of the pull tab...it will wait long enough for the energized pulltab to discharge so it will not hear that but will still hear copper clad and silver coin's...And also a multitude of other items that have long decay rates...

there is not Disc circuit in a P.I.

Some manufacturer's try to label the pulse delay a disc...but its far from a disc circuit...

If a disc circuit is developed o a P.I. it will be revolutionary....

Thank's NyDigger and Ray for the kind word's...

We all learn from each other...

Yes I peck I dont type LOL!!!

Keith
March 19, 2013 02:29PM
Thanks Keith, You are a PRO!! And i one finger typer myself. I wish they had spell check on this web, and i don,t need to ask my wife how to spell words. What is it with men that dont get as smart at things as woman. Thanks i think i will let this detector go, Flintstone