Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP Deus Firmware V.3? How about Dutch to English?

Posted by Peacemaker 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP Deus Firmware V.3? How about Dutch to English?
April 09, 2013 06:45AM
Just wondering if anyone had any 'somewhat accurate' information in regards to the V.3 of the XP Deus software and when it might be released! (It seems that it is LONG overdue...)

Also, does anyone know how to Flash the unit from Dutch to English? I'm having a hard time believing that it has to be sent away in order for that to occur, especially seeing as how V.2 has no issue 'identifying' ANY user's current Language set while updating!

Cheers,
Re: XP Deus Firmware V.3? How about Dutch to English?
April 09, 2013 04:19PM
I talked to a dealer this morning he said you would be able to download it to your machine. Someone correct me if this i wrong.
April 09, 2013 06:46PM
My first Deus was a French unit,... sold it,.. didn't get my head wrapped around the concept.

As time passed and frustration turned into understanding "I'm a Minelab/Fisher kind of guy",... well bought another one.
This time I got a Dutch unit,....

As I live in Belgium half the population speaks Dutch or French, but I would like my Deus to speak English.
So when V3 comes in, I'll have mine flipped to English.

HH
Johnb
April 09, 2013 07:05PM
Would be a GREAT idea to be able to change the language (the CTX 3030 does that). I think they are trying to save memory. Would be nice if there was a way to download it, unless it is flashed on?

Albert
April 09, 2013 09:35PM
I asked about the V3 update a while back on another forum and was told that I was consistantly posting negative threads and a cry baby. So I wait for others to ask. As far as I know the latest news is that V3 was delayed for some adjustments to better suit American hunters. That was posted by Andy at Finds. No date was announced. The Regtons site still has the end of March printed in their forum. I find the Deus to be great in the iron. But I find the CTX to fit more of my hunting needs lately. My Deus is in the corner in a back up role. If version 3 ever gets released I will load it and evaluate it. If it fails to address some of the the things I dislike about the Deus I will sell it. Simple as that.
April 10, 2013 02:53AM
Yeah, I e-Mailed XP in france and was 're-directed' to 'Metaldetector.com' in the US in regards to Version 3 of the Software... Quite disappointing and didn't address my question to any degree. Needless to say, I'm now having my doubts regarding XP and have reservations as to service and Support in Canada. Anyway, I will fiddle around with this machine that I've borrowed until I understand it a bit better with the recent Firmware upgrade to 2.0 from it's previous version of 1.4. BTW, is there any significant advantage from going to 2.0 vs the 1.4 that was in there previously?

Cheers,
April 10, 2013 06:27PM
I was following that thread Goodmore. I was sort of shocked at what people were saying against the question - like "be satisfied with what you have", "who could want anything more", etc. There were some good rebuttals so I didn't feel like taking part in it. It is really an exciting thing to have an update (a potentially new detector in some respects) and I felt it was wrong to kill the thread with those bad comments. I just didn't get why asking about V3 was such a bad thing, especially since it sounds to have some nice features for American hunters and you were on an American board.

I agree with you about the CTX, or E-Trac for that matter. Being a coin hunter the CTX/E-Trac is just great to use. Love the tones, which many hate and that I can understand. Just like I can understand how many hate the Deus' tones (I was sort of in the middle on it). I agree the Deus is a great machine in iron and perhaps they will tweak it to be more of a coin hunter (more solid VID, in particular at depth and stop that VID from cutting out altogether). I have thought about getting another Deus or CTX but am waiting on what Fisher has to offer as I am content with the E-Trac. I am hooked on those tones though, so Fisher better have something nice, ehehhe Just kidding Dave winking smiley

Albert

goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I asked about the V3 update a while back on
> another forum and was told that I was consistantly
> posting negative threads and a cry baby. So I wait
> for others to ask. As far as I know the latest
> news is that V3 was delayed for some adjustments
> to better suit American hunters. That was posted
> by Andy at Finds. No date was announced. The
> Regtons site still has the end of March printed in
> their forum. I find the Deus to be great in the
> iron. But I find the CTX to fit more of my hunting
> needs lately. My Deus is in the corner in a back
> up role. If version 3 ever gets released I will
> load it and evaluate it. If it fails to address
> some of the the things I dislike about the Deus I
> will sell it. Simple as that.
April 13, 2013 02:31PM
V3 may have to dovetail with the other add ons that are coming along ,such as the hoardhunter extension coil ,so you can understand the delays
June 10, 2013 08:17PM
There is now a user-manual and update sheet posted on XP's website for the Version 3 software.
[www.xpmetaldetectors.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2013 08:19AM by Pimento.
June 14, 2013 08:32PM
The release date is apparently 17th June, but some sharp-eyed fellows (on a UK forum) have managed to download a 'leaked' version and successfully installed it this evening. No doubt field trials will be reported back tomorrow...
June 15, 2013 02:06AM
Too bad there's still no way to install and update to a different language!! Still can't believe it can't be done...
June 16, 2013 09:11PM
its all + news so far on the update ,just dont crash the server on monday
June 17, 2013 03:26PM
Rather surprisingly, no 'field tests' came back from those who used the V3 at the weekend. But the official release has happened now, for all you keen types. Apparently the file size is smaller than that for the V2......
jrk
June 17, 2013 04:49PM
Would love to hear some feedback on this from initial field use. Trying to decide on whether to sell my Deus and pick up another CTX, or keep.

Randy