Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2 1/2 yrs later CW Relic Complete

Posted by Jerry (TX) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
2 1/2 yrs later CW Relic Complete
April 10, 2013 02:37AM
Story starts 2 1/2 yrs ago when I got permission to hunt old homesite built in 1893. Little did I know a confederate Veteran once lived there. First I dug his Reunion Badge 1895 Houston Texas.
Then a while later I dug his Conferedrate Snake Buckle but it was missing one of the Keepers.
To Make a long story short after 2 1/2 yrs of using dozens of different detectors and coils.
Trying everything in my arsenal past and present. Today with a sratchy choppy tone on my Tesoro Cutlass II Umax w/ 5.75 coil attached.
Amongest the Iron trash I unearthed the missing keeper. Now my Civil War Confederate snake buckle is complete. Good day for me.

Re: 2 1/2 yrs later CW Relic Complete
April 10, 2013 02:56AM
That is awesome man! Talk about persistance!
April 10, 2013 02:57AM
Very nice!

Persistence pays!

HH
April 10, 2013 04:12AM
Contracts on a great complete set. You really earned that one. Anyone who never got into relic hunting has no idea what a great find you have there.
April 10, 2013 05:05AM
Thanks Guys
I don't dig alot of CW relics but completeing this one was special as I had basically given up on ever finding the missing piece.
Tesoro's work good in nails around old homesites.
April 10, 2013 10:02AM
Congratulations! I'm glad they are all back home together...
April 10, 2013 01:09PM
Not into relic hunting but you sure have a complete piece of history my friend.

This ought to tell coin and jewelry hunters something....find a good coin drop your disc. down to 0 and scour the hole as many have more than one good coin.
Find a gold medallion do the same as the chain may be in the hole also....