Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Thanks, Tom!

Posted by diggerdan 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Thanks, Tom!
April 10, 2013 03:40AM
I recently sent a sick CZ-3d in, a '1021' that worked fine last year. Tom did his magic on it for a fair price and in quick time. I'm very pleased w/ the whole deal. I had to wait til today to swing the coil. 1st stop was the police to see if the berms in town were legal, they were. So, a friend of mine and I tackled an older one complete w/ old concrete side walk and a small retaining wall.

Next was an older house his church owns. Spent an hour and a half there. Neither of us found a single coin, it had been previously pounded, lol.

So two spots, two detectors, no coins. My buddy was bummed, I just thought back to the days I've loaded up on silver and know they are there somewhere.

HIH..........
Re: Thanks, Tom!
April 10, 2013 11:42AM
diggerdan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I recently sent a sick CZ-3d in, a '1021' that
> worked fine last year. Tom did his magic on it
> for a fair price and in quick time. I'm very
> pleased w/ the whole deal. I had to wait til
> today to swing the coil. 1st stop was the police
> to see if the berms in town were legal, they were.
> So, a friend of mine and I tackled an older one
> complete w/ old concrete side walk and a small
> retaining wall.
>
> Next was an older house his church owns. Spent an
> hour and a half there. Neither of us found a
> single coin, it had been previously pounded, lol.
>
> So two spots, two detectors, no coins. My buddy
> was bummed, I just thought back to the days I've
> loaded up on silver and know they are there
> somewhere.
>
> HIH..........

As you said, site was probably wiped clean over the years. Must be the case, because, I too own a 1021 CZ and believe me, IT FINDS COINS! Especially DEEP ones winking smiley Take that machine to the right spots (old) and just wait till you see what you find. Just swing slow & listen for those faint, repeatable hits...those are the oldies calling out to you.
April 10, 2013 01:01PM
Tree lines may be legal but expect some grief from the landowner who grooms them. If so just move on as not worth the aggravation.

PS : be nice and respectable to the landowners and you may be hunting an old yard adjacent to the tree lines as you will run into varied individuals as you move from one to the other.

Unfortunately the places that look good probably have been hunted so go where the others didn't as it only takes a small space to find a keeper or two...
April 10, 2013 03:43PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
> Tree lines may be legal but expect some grief from
> the landowner who grooms them. If so just move on
> as not worth the aggravation.
>
> PS : be nice and respectable to the landowners and
> you may be hunting an old yard adjacent to the
> tree lines as you will run into varied individuals
> as you move from one to the other.
>
> Unfortunately the places that look good probably
> have been hunted so go where the others didn't as
> it only takes a small space to find a keeper or
> two...

That's good advice, I've done miles of berms in Illinois w/ that attitude, hence the cop shop stop prior. The diff in towns the same size between Illinois and Arkansas is amazing as far as detecting goes. The only diff I can figure is the snow and/or the economies.

Thanks for the replies!

HIH
April 10, 2013 11:56PM
"to see if the berms in town were legal"

Berms? Is that the grass/tree area in the median of a two-lane road? Not sure where you were detecting.
April 12, 2013 09:29PM
Johnnyanglo Wrote:
> "to see if the berms in town were legal"
>
> Berms? Is that the grass/tree area in the median
> of a two-lane road? Not sure where you were
> detecting.

Berm to me means the grass strip between the sidewalk and the curb.
April 13, 2013 02:08AM
Have used the area between the sidewalk and curb knowing there isn't much there hoping to strike up a conversation with a homeowner working in the yard. Its worked for me many times. Door knocking hasn't been a good way for me.