Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SD2100 on the beach

Posted by seb1008 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
SD2100 on the beach
September 26, 2009 01:55PM
Hello Tom I read your article on using the SD2200 on the beach. I have a SD2100 with a platypus mono coil(8"x11"),12"x24"mono UFO coil,both water proof. That I was thinking of using on the beach here in Sebastian Fl. Do you still detect the beach with your SD2200 or do you use a different detector for most of your beach detecting. I also just got a Goldmaster 3 for trying for micro jewelry.Just haven't had the time to get a sifter together for it. I have the T-2 also but I'm sort of limited to the dry sand with these 2, thats why I was thinking about the SD2100 for the wet sand. Seb
Re: SD2100 on the beach
September 26, 2009 10:43PM
SD-2100 & 2200 have the same performance on the wet salt sand. They are very good for this application. My biggest recommendation is that you do NOT hunt where fisherman go fishing. Too many additional iron targets will be recovered. It is "do'able"... but, your ratio of good finds vs trash will be better at 'swimming-only' sites. Your 8" x 11" coil would be best suited for this application.
September 28, 2009 02:42AM
Thank you for the information Tom. I am hoping to get to the beach this week, just trying to figure out what scoop would be the best. Maybe a shovel would be best for now. Seb
September 28, 2009 06:13PM
Just got back from taking the SD2100 and T-2 to the beach. Didn't care for the t-2 on the wet sand, even on the dry sand I couldn't get it to run quiet, but I am just learning it. I must say I liked the SD2100 the best, dry or wet sand it runs very quiet,only makes a noise when there is something to dig.You dig everything, but you do that detecting for nuggets also. I have it chest mounted so it is very light on the arm. Also when I pulled up and saw 3 other people detecting in one area it was not nearly as discouraging because I figure I can still get deeper than most of them. I didn't try the 12"x24" coil today to see how bad it falses, but minelab makes a 18" salt coil for detecting in dried up salt lakes in Australia that I may look into. Thanks for inspiring me to try the SD2100 Tom I really enjoyed using it. Seb
September 29, 2009 01:03AM
With confidence...you can easily go behind all other VLF units.