Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Eurotek Pro w/ 11 inch coil.....(NOT a review....YET)

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Eurotek Pro w/ 11 inch coil.....(NOT a review....YET)
April 30, 2013 06:35PM
I had my finger poised over the BUY button for a Eurotek Pro from the guy that I mainly buy from. Thee, through a bit of research, I discover that this unit has no ground balance feature. I remember how much Ground Balancing made the difference between me hitting a deep target in my test garden or not. I'm definitely not bashing this new Teknetics unit....I mean .....how can I......I have never owned one.
I mean, I need a few more videos and a few more reviews. There should be some coming out of the UK by now since they got their units first. But when I type Teknetic Eurotek Pro into the Google search engine, I don't get any UK reviews yet. maybe soon. It's in the right price range for me right now, but my dirt demands an abilty to ground balance (I would think) since it IS moderately mineralized. But maybe mineralized dirt has been factored into the circuitry. I don't know. I owned an ACE 250....and I think that's the only unit I have owned that you cannot ground balance. It wasn't a bad unit. Not a depth monster by any means but I found enough stuff to cause me to invest in no less than 30 to 40 units over the course of three years. (Yeah...I just like buying stuff....I'll say it for ya) But out of necessity, I must be very frugal these days.
Re: Eurotek Pro w/ 11 inch coil.....(NOT a review....YET)
April 30, 2013 06:59PM
I have mild soil where I live, but I still like a GB feature on a detector in case I travel out of my area. Is the Eurotek running constantly in all metal mode? Maybe its impossible to put in a GB then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2013 07:28PM by Hungarian.
April 30, 2013 07:38PM
Per the Eurotek Pro manual it states:

Ground Balancing is the ability of the detector to ignore, or "see through,"
the earth’s naturally occurring minerals, and only sound a tone when a
metal object is detected. This detector incorporates proprietary circuitry to
eliminate false signals from severe ground conditions.

I wonder what this proprietary circuit is. Sounds like GB to me.
April 30, 2013 08:05PM
Yes it sounds like it. But I was referring to MANUAL ground balance.....or Ground Grab....or something like that. But I may be making a big mistake by NOT buying it right now, but I need some more experienced info. Maybe NasaTom will do a writeup or something.
I am ALL FOR a quality metal detector at this price considering how our economy is suffering so many woes at present. I think that it was a smart move on First Texas part to make an good affordable unit. Heck, maybe I'll just buy it and try it. Can't hurt. If I can get a dime at 7 to 8 inches with it in MY dirt....I would accept that. Especially if THAT dime had nails all around it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2013 08:07PM by Kevin B.
April 30, 2013 08:08PM
I haven't seen anymore reports/;etc. on the Eurotek Pro than the next guy has at this point but I will say this

(and as many know) - machines without manual GB are by far not the best ones out there.

I too had an Ace 250 long ago (I bought it for the wife for a B/day present) and although it worked fine in the schoolyard or a tot-lot, park, etc. for finding recently dropped items - it was by no means what I would consider a "great machine".

In fact - I don't think I ever found anything (coin sized or smaller) beyond 7 inches deep with it (stock coil) nor anything that I would classify as an outstanding find either - a few silver mercs & roosies is about the best I can remember. No Indians, Buffaloes, V Nickels, LG cents or any other good old deep coins that don't ID like "new" coins and tend to be deeper... My dirt is moderately mineralized too so a pre-set machine isn't the best around here...

That being said - the Eurotek Pro does have the ability to hunt/sift through iron while being able to turn the iron audio down allowing the better targets to ring through so even if it doesn't have the best depth (which I'm sure it won't) - it may do someone justice as a 2nd machine to have on hand for that specific type of hunting when needed and as a back up to your main machine.

That's just my thoughts on the matter and it seems to me that IF it were a depth monster (or even close) they would be pushing that via marketing.

Good luck and keep us updated IF you get one.

MRH
April 30, 2013 09:09PM
I have had one on order Kevin for a couple of weeks now ...

Not sure when it will get here..

I dont think alot of them have actually got into use yet...

As far as ground bal goes on the G2 and omega...I am not convinced it even works in the disc mode or it is extremely limited...probably to keep the i.d. right...

I can set the ground bal anywhere on the omega or G2 and the ground never gives feedback or hotrocks for that matter..not like the t2 or f75 they get noisy when the ground bal is not right...

I am still convinced the ground bal on the G2 and Omega only effects the disc circuit when it's lowered towards the salt range below 40......above 40 I believe it is not doing alot...

Theres some newer designs in disc circuits that can compensate for a preset ground bal with the newer digtial signal processing of the audio..

Keith
May 01, 2013 06:02AM
7.8 freq.
It is my thought that even though manual ground balance is always to be desired, it may not be a deal breaker on this lower freq.
Yes, on the higher freq models, it is a must
So it is focused in on as an iron working detector, I hope we see more value line units in the future in this direction.
($900 or upwards is way too much for a niche unit.)
I think we will be pleasantly surprised.
Coil selection could be important later on.
Eurotek Pro w/ 11 inch coil
May 01, 2013 01:25PM
May 01, 2013 03:28PM
Wait for fisher and tek to hit the market with their new USA line...I am sure it will be worth the wait

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Eurotek Pro w/ 11 inch coil
May 01, 2013 07:20PM
That was a nice demo vid by markofva, markg: that other video in his file of Eurotek shows nice feature of being able to hear the iron but at a very low level and a louder signal for the good targets. I need to make a test garden procrastinator? thank GOD for that last minute!
May 04, 2013 01:10AM
The volume adjustment is awesome.
I would love to have that feature on my F75.
I would almost venture and say, anyone who ever uses this feature on the Eurotek will fall in love with it.
May 25, 2013 10:35PM
I have the 8" version of the Eurotek Pro and I'm very impressed with it.
Here in Mid Western Illinois I have good ground and preset ground balance detectors work fine.
The iron feature on the detector sold me and it works very nice. You can set the volume to 10 and you won't hear a peep
of iron as this setting knocks it totally out. At settings 11- 19 the iron volume is gradually increased and the target is always full strength
until a volume setting of 20 where both iron and the target sounds the same volume. As Markg said above, anyone who uses this feature
on the Eurotek Pro will fall in love with it. Don't let the price tag fool you on this slick little detector, it has very good depth and some nice features......HH

Roger