Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Using Ferrous sounds with Bryce Browns program.

Posted by Coinseeker 78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Using Ferrous sounds with Bryce Browns program.
June 18, 2013 05:03PM
I have been trying the ferrous sounds settings with Bryce Browns program. I find I like the way it sounds and where the trash signals tend to settle on the Smartfind screen. Will this have any effect on the depth capabilities compared to Conductive setting. What are the other disadvantages by not using the conductive mode? Thanks in advance.
Re: Using Ferrous sounds with Bryce Browns program.
June 18, 2013 10:29PM
(For coin hunting onlysmiling smiley

I use moderate to heavy discrimination opening up a narrow window from conductivities 11-13 and 30-48. Reject ferrous >27. Listen for repeatable hits, especially low tones with conductivities 42-45. The Etrac loses no depth with discrimination, like most modern digital units, and the processing required to null is not overly taxing to the CPU. Conductive or ferrous makes no difference.

Conductive allows audio discrimination (foil-nickel-aluminum-zincoln-silver) but two-tone ferrous allows a fatigue-free hunt as you won't be hearing the tooty-fruity symphony of multi-conductive. I like that better, especially when working in iron infested sites.