Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP Deus from France

Posted by turtleman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP Deus from France
October 31, 2009 05:30AM
Hi

Saw the you tube video of this new detector from france. Seems to be very fast, but more than that the design is so innovative. Has anyone else seen the video and what are your thoughts.
As soon as I saw it I wanted one. According to their web site it is coming out soon. Not sure what the price will be, but it certainly show's what can be done with a little imagination.
Be interested to hear what everyone thinks.

Tom
Re: XP Deus from France
October 31, 2009 07:28AM
Have not seen it (yet).
October 31, 2009 01:36PM
Hi Tom

The video I saw on the finds forum was totally in french so I had a little trouble understanding, but the one interesting thing is that it is totally wireless. No coil cable, Interesting and scary all at the same time. 4 individual frequencies, I think 4,8,12 and 18. Nine factory programs plus custom ones. It appeared to have a pretty fast recovery time, but not sure it would be in the class of the F75LTD. As always it would be nice to see a side by side comparison but don't imagine that will happen as it seems rare to see any detectors from the UK make it over here. No dealers no service.
It seems to answer some of the requests from the pole you conducted a while back. I believe you can upload the latest programs from the net.
Maybe a bridge to the next generation of detector's. Maybe not?

Have a great day and I hope you get some detecting time in soon.

Tom
October 31, 2009 08:13PM
Tom, I'll see if I can download and review the unit. Love to look at new ideas......and open new doors.
November 01, 2009 06:24AM
I went to the Q&A section of their web site. There were lots of good straight to the point questions, but not one single answer. The headphones scare me a little. Get them out in a little rain and dirt and I'm not sure they would stand up.
Look forward to your views when you get a minute to check it out.

cheers
Tom
November 16, 2009 12:33AM
These machines are going to be MASSIVE in the UK dispite costing £1400 !!

just search for Regton Deus on youtube (they are the uk dealers and have made 3 videos of the machine).

Headphones look flimsy !!
November 16, 2009 05:41AM
why do you say it is going to Massive in the UK?
I agree about the headphones.
November 16, 2009 09:14AM
Because the XP Goldmaxx Power is probably the biggest seller in the UK at the moment and this the next upgrade/new model available. I predict that XP Goldmaxx will be on sale on the secondhand market for pennies !!
November 17, 2009 06:34PM
The new XP looks good and is a honorable new tech machine. It has 4 freqs that can only work as single one at a time and where the lowest is there for the cause of a coming wireless cache add on that You can use as a separate coil.

In USA there are 4 different main detecting applications. Nuggets-relics-Coins and beach that all 4 get best done by a detector made for the particular application. You can easily add European detecting as a 5th and different application. It is so different from US Relic hunting that it it can be categorized as such.

In UK, Xp goldmaxx is a big seller due to the fast recovery speed and the superb modular analog sound and different iron disc possibility. I would not take the XP Goldmaxx to any but the US relic application and even in that one I think american manufacturers make better detectors for US soil. In UK a very thin small foil type coin and small gold at shallow depth is the best targets, In US is it deep beltplates and bigger silver coins.

The deus will be a new different build but it will be best suited for European targets.

BTW. the MXT and T2 - F 75 are popular detectors for the same targets as the Goldmaxx is famous for. Not much between them if anything and they can be used for coinhunting and nuggethunting aswell. The XP is a field Euro relichunter specific.
November 18, 2009 01:37AM
I would feel fairly certain that the new F75 Ltd would be a top contender; due to it's ability/affinity to very small and/or low conductive targets...... plus the bumpy/lumpy fields in Europe would be pinnacle for the 'very air-gap forgiving' F75 Ltd.
And I don't think there is any other detector out there with a faster microprocessor/clockspeed (recovery speed) that would trump the F75/F70/T2.
Jeb
December 10, 2009 05:33PM
Well, I`m in the UK & I lurrrrrve my F75 since it first came out .I had a lovely little silver Henry 3rd penny the other day dated 1222-1229 it didn`t get past the F75.
December 13, 2009 09:12AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And I don't think there is any other detector out
> there with a faster microprocessor/clockspeed
> (recovery speed) that would trump the F75/F70/T2.

Well it might do just that...

I'm sure this is a very special (and expensive) machine; not for the design etc, but because every parameter is seperately adjustable;

Iron discrimination in 82 steps
Sensitivity
TX Power
Tones
4 adjustable Frequencies
Multi Notch and you can define the Notch boundaries
Iron tone volume
Recovery speed in 5 steps
Audio response; volume of deeper targets can be adjusted
Auto Ground balancing, or pumping or manual, or wet beach
9 preset factory programmes which set the parameters to optimum for the situation.

Recovery speed video's:

Unless these nails are made out of plastic :-)

[www.youtube.com]

and

Co-located screwdriver and coin;

[www.youtube.com]

I'm really curious as to how it will hold up against the LTD.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2009 09:18AM by Piscator.
December 13, 2009 06:28PM
Well I am not a big fan of air testing and also to disc out the screw driver what else have you lost...but from what it looks like in a video nails and a coin Um!!

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Jeb
December 14, 2009 07:02AM
The price in the UK of the Deus is £1,399. which is virtually $2,280.
The video is only showing you what it can do!
No one i know disc`s out screw drivers but they do disc out small nails. its a detector that will find Silver or Gold in the Trashiest places such as iron infested sites but you will hear the Iron "Zipping" ,as you go over it on the Goldmaxx Power & the Deus. Its just the art you have to get used to ,is recognizing the good each way targets as you hear all the targets it goes over .
And the XP`s WILL pick up a Silver or Gold coin right next to an Iron target . I can assure anyone ,that. They can be a difficult detector to get used to but once you recognize the sounds , its plain sailing from there on.
When i got my first Goldmaxx Power i was ready to sling it over the hedge two weeks later .But if you persevere you will learn it. Its just you need someone competent in the detectors working, to guide you through how it works and then the penny drops.
Don`t dismiss the XP Goldmaxx Power or the new Deus detector lightly. They really are awesome once mastered in amongst the trash. You can use a 9"or 11" coil on the Goldmaxx Power but i would imagine that because the Deus is so new it has only the 9" coil going for it at the moment the 11" will follow .

The sounds on the Power take some getting used to. when i heard it for the first time i thought " what the hells going on here ?"
They DO take some learning but it is worth learning . Many people blame the detector saying its "crap" at first. But it`s not the detector that`s crap. Its THEIR misunderstanding of the detectors language of what it is telling them that wrong. So be warned there is a steep learning curve to the Goldmaxx Power , But i don`t know about the Deus because I havn`t used one yet. But the Deus incorporates the Goldmaxx Power in its working arrangements, so it should be the same to understand.
The Deus`s recovery speed can be raised or lowered so you can lower your recovery speed in a not so trashy site or higher it on a trashy site. you don`t need a fast recovery speed on a field that doesn`t have hardly any iron in it. So the Deus can allow you to lower the recovery speed to your advantage or higher it to your advantage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2009 07:10AM by Jeb.
December 14, 2009 10:25PM
We'll just have to see if folks bail on their F75's enmass...... and switch to the XP-Deus. New technology is ALWAYS welcomed.
December 15, 2009 03:21AM
Is the Goldmaxx Power legal to run in the USA or does that machine emit over restricted frequencies?
December 15, 2009 10:31PM
I'm uncertain..... but doubt it.
January 15, 2010 10:04AM
new video
[vimeo.com]
January 16, 2010 03:26PM
No dirt test??

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 16, 2010 07:04PM
There's 3 video's LowBoy, also with dirttests ;-)
January 17, 2010 02:26AM
Though detecting since 1975, I still do not consider myself an expert, but here's my 2 cents:
In high trashy areas, you can also have different soil conditions too.
While working about the trash, will the fast response still work adequately in different soil conditions? In the same soil situations will it work differently with the different "properties" of the trash?
Now you might have great disc on this machine, you might have fast recovery on this machine, but have they incoprerated these to work well with eachother in all of these situations....? I bet the movie you watched on You Tube wasn't filmed, edited and released after hitting just one field and calling that "a take".

In my last words, which i think describes the closest to how I feel:

You can test the fast recovery in perfect surroundings, test the disc in any home made field of junk with included good targets, but if you take this machine out and use it in real life situations, you will dig up what it signals, BUT YOU WILL NOT KNOW WHAT IT MISSED...so you will need to find an area, maybe mark good targets with golf tees and using a marker write S or W on top of the tee for either solid or weak hits, then use another machine with the same person swinging the coil with the same angles and speed and see if there are considerable differences in what is targeted...and if there are, keep swinging and then mark the target hits with tees of another color...then swing again with the original machine again, but never dig at this point....bring in another machine now if you wish....use a different color tee for each machine. IMPORTANT: You need to give headway if things are close, due to coil angles, speed, etc...but this way you can at least identify major deifferences, and at the point where all your tees are used, now break out the caliper and the notebook...start measuring distances and marking in your note book distances from target to target, which detector got what target at what strength in corespondence to what junk items were and their location to the different good targets, you can see who ids stronger against iron, foil, or whatever other junk was closest to the good "marked" targets.

Like in politics, too many variables keep 100% of the truth from ever being known, point blank...and my idea seems like a lot of work...but then at least you can now be as close to the truth you might ever get and answer for others who seem just to be passing around (like fact) their rendition of a marketing flick they watched on you tube...
(Director Says: FIRST TEST RUN ON THIS NEW MACHINE, location #5..."take 35"...action!!!) Get it? LOL.
-Mike

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2010 02:55AM by PanMan.
January 17, 2010 08:36AM
And, when finally you have found the "best" detector, you take it to the wrong soil or set it up wrong and it is rubbish again. winking smiley

I agree with youre post completely and posted something similar somewhere else:

Ik think the DEUS is a beautiful machine and I salute XP for daring to think outside the box.
I also love the adjustability of the machine and I'm sure in some area's it will be a lot better than the GMP.
I think anyone buying the DEUS will get their money's worth, but for me it's like Roger said;
I personally don't need the extra frequencies and I would eventually use it as a GMP ; 18 kHz.

The only things I will miss in the GMP is the even higher recoveryspeed and the audioresponse of the DEUS.
Although I must say that from looking at all the video's; the superhigh recovery does not give me the clear audio ID I would like.
And here we come to my main concern.

Think about it:
To unmask as many targets as possible, you would have to select recoveryspeed 5 all the time.
This in turn would mean a significant loss in depth performance.
So what you would gain horizontally, you loose vertically.
As far as I know, there is no way of knowing how bad masking is before you start your search.
So what to select....

Unless you would search a field first with a high recovery for masking followed by a low recovery for depth you wouldn't know.
But if you think about it; you would also have to do this again with every of the 4 frequencies to get all possible targets from a field.
This is probably why a field always produces some finds, even when it's been detected on for decades;
Every machine is set-up differently and so finds some targets for which it is optimally set up.
So a real innovation would be a machine that covers a range of frequencies an a range of recovery speeds all at once and this all at the same time.
That machine is not (yet) on the market.

If you do a side by side comparison of the DEUS with the GMP, the DEUS would always win in the end.
Why? Because if you know the conditions in advance ( say you bury a gold coin with some rusty nails) there is just more settings to choose from in the DEUS.
Does this make it a better detector?
Yes and No.
Yes for sure in a test, because you know the conditions in advance and you get more depth wit 4kHz and superlow recovery, or more unmasking if you select the opposite.
No in the real world, or at best maybe if you are lucky enough to set it up just right for the actual conditions.
You can construct a personal program; select this frequency and that recovery setting but it would just be another compromise and you can only hope it's the right one for the conditions.

What attracts me in the GMP, is the good audio ID, a wireless headphone, an 18 kHz frequency and a recoveryspeed that is just right for my liking.
Also it strikes me as being more sturdy, but that's subjective and not based on any experience ( as is my whole story by the way).
The Stem and carbon fibre coil of the DEUS are maybe even better, but the remote and headphones in my view are not.

Still, there is more potential in a DEUS that's without a doubt in my mind and that is what you pay for, fair and square.
No, I don't think it's overpriced and I'm not concerned by a few niggles here and there.
If my search locations were more varied, I would certainly buy one.

Reply Quote Notify