Tom can you share your thoughts on the CZ-21 now?
December 11, 2007 02:41AM
It has been released now, but I still haven't heard much about the new features and functionality of it.

Have you been working with it? Should I add it to my arsenal if I already have the Excal?

TIA
Alton
Re: Tom can you share your thoughts on the CZ-21 now?
December 12, 2007 02:43AM
I've been out of the loop on this one. I surmise that it is electronically the same as the CZ-20..... but has a few mechanical improvements. This is also to say that the performance levels of the Minelab Excal and the CZ-20 are nearly identical....especially on the wet salt beach....(as long as the Excal is not in "Auto" Sens setting). I'll still give the lead to the CZ-20/21 for mechanical longivity/reliability/durability. Built like a tank. Heavy.... but worth the 'bullet-proof' status.

Tom
December 15, 2007 09:58AM
Alton

A dealer told me that the sensitivity control on the 21 operates in a more linear fashion than previous machines. In other words, air test results increase gradually as the sensitivity control is turned up to near the max setting, rather than the big jump seen between 4 & 6 of previous CZ's.

Nickel is still high tone.

Time will tell how it does.

Tom
March 29, 2008 02:10PM
tom

i have a question for u regarding this statement:

....(as long as the Excal is not in "Auto" Sens setting).

if u are saying what i think u are saying, u are absolutely correct.

i stumbled upon this auto kinda by accident just this past nov.

i did not own a cz21 yet, but was testing excal and tiger shark here on the bay where i hunt a lot.

please advise

max
March 30, 2008 02:01AM
Sens is MUCH more powerful when you take control of it.... vs. placing it in 'auto'. 'Auto' may be good for beginners.

Tom