Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ evolution

Posted by Pips 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ evolution
December 13, 2007 06:59PM
Tom – I’m sure everyone knows this but me since I’m new to sport. Can you give me a chronological breakdown of the CZ models? I read that CZ’s came out in 1990. What was the first model, where does my CZ 70 Pro fit in and what is the latest. PIPS
Re: CZ evolution
December 14, 2007 12:41PM
Hi Pips,

Original CZ was a CZ-6; released in the Fall of 1991. Proto's had been running around since Fall of 1990.... and had been on the Dave Johnson drawing board and test bench since 1986. ((( Dave never felt he truly 'completed' the project.... as his time & funds were FRL restricted ))). Then; CZ-5 was released in 1992 (slightly lower cost unit for more folks to afford).

CZ-7 = Fall, 1996
CZ-7a = Spring, 1998
CZ-7a Pro = Summer, 1998
CZ-70 Pro = Sept. 2001
CZ-3D = Feb. 2004

The CZ-6 was; analog, rainproof/splashproof/dustproof... no external speaker.
The CZ-5 was; analog, NOT rain/splash/dustproof.... had external speaker.
The 7, 7a, 7a Pro & 70 were digital and rainproof/splashproof/dustproof.
The 7, 7a had "AA" batteries under arm-cup. (7a corrected a battery drain problem).
7a Pro & 70 used a pair of 9V in control box.
CZ-3D was; analog, NOT rain/splash/dustproof.... has external speaker.

Depth capabilities have been nearly identical since inception; with a couple of minor exceptions = CZ-70's were set-up so as to authorize a little bit of 'overdrive' in the Sensitivity dept. When Sens was set at '6' or above, the detector might become slightly chattery/unstable. Some areas could handle this; hence, this performance availability. The CZ-3D was also set up in this fashion; but, in addition, it will ID deeper coins (and other targets) with greater ID accuracy. I chose the NON-rainproof/dustproof/splashproof box config for the CZ-3D so as to allow more folks to afford the unit...... and analog platform as most prefer this config. --The CZ-20 is a analog CZ-5 in a 250' deep capable underwater unit.

Interesting that no unit has been able to trump the depth capabilities of the CZ platform in most applications.

IN A NUTSHELL!
Re: CZ evolution
December 14, 2007 03:24PM
WOW - That was more than a nutshell! That is great because I can see where every unit fits in. I appreciate your time. Have a great Holiday!