Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher LTD

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher LTD
November 05, 2009 12:03PM
Since you an get a nice used f75 for around 600.00 or even less it seems, do you think the ltd is worth the difference? I realize that for 1200.00 you are getting an extra coil and warranty,but just comparing detectors is the ltd really that much better
Re: Fisher LTD
November 05, 2009 04:13PM
I had mine about three weekes and had the F75 for about three years. It is a better machine because of the improvment it gives you an edge to find those targets that have been missed the air gap blows me away. It seems more stable and added a little more depth.

If you do a lot of hunting why not get the best there is a difference you may not see it all the time less you had a F75 and know it like the back of your hand.. these are easy machines to use but tough to learn and harness the power for differnt hunting.

no matter what you have to fit with the detector and with Tom having this forum you have a lot of people here to help..and that is what this forun is all about

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 07, 2009 05:39PM
sonny(IN) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since you an get a nice used f75 for around 600.00
> or even less it seems, do you think the ltd is
> worth the difference? I realize that for 1200.00
> you are getting an extra coil and warranty,but
> just comparing detectors is the ltd really that
> much better
Glad you ask I was wondering myself..My wife holds the purse Strings and with my
limited time to hunt the F75 will be in the Family for a loooog time..I wonder if they will be an upgrade to Get even more performance/Depth from the F75...The LTD
Sounds like a good Investment if its that much Better..In the long run..I just dont get out enough to warrant the cost..yet..
November 09, 2009 09:42AM
Some places, the Ltd has no advantage over a standard F75. These are usually the heavy trash areas......where lots of population has/had existed. Other places.... and the Ltd is priceless.
November 14, 2009 03:39AM
Don't underestimate the value of that FT warranty, especially if you detect a lot and plan on keeping the detector all, or the better part of the five years.
November 17, 2009 07:08PM
Tom,
I've been reilc hunting for several years now, 1st with the fisher 1266-X, 2nd with the fisher 1270-X. Just a couple of weeks ago I purchased the F75 ltd.,I hunt in a lot of "iron pits" not just nails, but a lot of flat iron as well. The machine ground balances in the upper 50's to low 60's. I would typically set the 1270 up in the iron disc mode with it cranked up to 10. I'm not concerned with detecting any iron items so this has worked well for me on the 1270. I was hoping for for more depth and better "see through iron" capabilities with F75 ltd?? I guess first of all should the F75 ltd out perform the 1270-x in these conditions??I'm very new with this machine but have been out to some of the old sites and I am confused about the best way to set this machine up for what I described earlier. Any suggestions - Thanks for any suggestions.
November 18, 2009 01:48AM
Yes, the F75 Ltd should trump the 1266X & 1270 by quite a bit. THERE ARE TONS OF POSTS/THREADS ON THIS FORUM THAT SHOULD BE OF SERIOUS BENEFIT......and answer your quest exactly. ((( I'm just a bit short on time at the moment ))).
November 18, 2009 11:45PM
I should steer/point you in the direction of a very important thread titled; "COMPILATION #2" and also "COMPILATION #1"..... in that order. It may be several threads/pages down..........on this forum.......... but easy to find.....as all letters in the title are in CAP'S.
November 19, 2009 02:16PM
Thanks Tom - That's helps a great deal.
One more question just out of curiosity, which brand/model headphones do you prefer with the F75's?
Thanks again!
November 20, 2009 02:11AM
I use the big/heavy/hot KOSS QZ-99 series........but there are plenty to select from.