Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Not related but wanted to share

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Not related but wanted to share
July 28, 2013 02:59AM
I was looking for a way to look for hunting sites without walking a lot. I purchased a quadcopter and have been playing with it. Here are the first 3 flights that I recorded.

Tom in SC

[www.youtube.com]
Re: Not related but wanted to share
July 28, 2013 03:25AM
My group has a $300 bounty/prize for the first member to bag one of those.
I keep a dedicated 12 ga. with 1 7/8 oz copper plated BB's at the country cabin and a bird point and fu-fu arrow with my PSE in town . smiling smiley
July 28, 2013 03:42AM
Cool,be handy in the winter time with no foilage.
July 28, 2013 04:19AM
I want one!!! also want the underwater model.
July 28, 2013 08:11AM
I'ts a civilian drone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2013 08:11AM by ozzie.
July 28, 2013 12:02PM
If it wasn't so loud it could be a great spy unit. I agree with Ozzie.
July 28, 2013 12:15PM
The PopaRatzee's would love one of those to catch celebrities in compromising situations. Tabloid splendor.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
July 28, 2013 01:58PM
shoveler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My group has a $300 bounty/prize for the first
> member to bag one of those.
> I keep a dedicated 12 ga. with 1 7/8 oz copper
> plated BB's at the country cabin and a bird point
> and fu-fu arrow with my PSE in town . smiling smiley

Mine shoots back, kinda changes the game right?
July 28, 2013 02:32PM
"Critterhunter" had a good write-up some time ago before he experienced a breakdown. Search for his name on this site and you'll find reference to his R/C setup.
July 28, 2013 03:22PM
Go-reb, what do you mean CH had a breakdown?
July 28, 2013 03:37PM
Very cool

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 28, 2013 05:16PM
Nice setup Tom!!

I like it...

I think in the winter time in some turned fields you would be able to get airborn over them and look for old habitation sites...look for the broken glass twinkling in the sunlight from up above.. save alot fo field walking.

I drive around looking for broken glass twinkling from the roads but thats hit and miss..up in the air like that in the middle of the day ought to see alot more and maybe even darker colored soil that goes unnoticed from ground level..

Good luck with it!
Sounds exciting!

Keith
July 28, 2013 09:36PM
Critterhunter was a tad long winded but brought out some good points...wish him a speedy recovery...on the plus side must be a good typist judging by his long posts...rel the quad...whatever works.....interesting bunch in this hobby for sure....
August 03, 2013 02:11AM
I may have found Galt's Gulch!!!!!

One Colorado town's solution to Obama drones: Offer bounties to individuals who shoot them down

The small town of Deer Trail, Colorado, is taking a progressive and admittedly novel approach to the threat of unmanned Obama drones entering its airspace. According to a recent Breitbart report, the town, located about one hour east of Denver, is considering the passage of an ordinance that would issue drone hunting licenses and offer cash rewards to people who successfully shoot the liberty-crushing spy and assassination vessels out of the sky.

Authored by local resident Philip Steel, the ordinance states that a bounty of $100 shall be rewarded to any shooter who presents both a valid hunting license and pieces of drone vessel as proof to local authorities. The drone pieces must contain markings and configurations that are consistent with those used on or similar to those used on any craft known to be owned or operated by the federal government.

"We don't want drones in town," said Steel to reporters. "They fly in town, they get shot down."

If the ordinance is passed, drone hunters will need to purchase a hunting permit from the town for $25. This permit would need to be renewed annually, and would not require an initial background check.

[www.naturalnews.com]
August 15, 2013 10:55AM
Interesting review here: [www.popsci.com]

It’s a sign of the times when new consumer-grade, commercially available remote-controlled drones just show up unsolicited at our offices with an invitation from the manufacturer to take them for a spin. Drones are big news these days, their reputation alternately buoyed and tarnished by their efficacy as machines of warfare and the lack of solid legalities governing their use, and likewise by their limitless potential across a range of commercial applications and their similarly limitless potential for abuse where personal privacy is concerned.

But aforementioned concerns notwithstanding, unmanned aerial systems will soon be everywhere and DJI Innovations’ Phantom is the kind of system that will surely be a part of that shift. Designed for neither industry nor government, the Phantom is a pretty serious UAS designed for you and me--the average consumer that simply wants to fly. So you can imagine the unrestrained glee with which we unboxed this unexpected arrival in the afternoon post...
August 15, 2013 02:06PM
It will certainly change the way people look at the sky!

A fair time ago In fishing, people were use to casting out baits, reels and rods were very "casting distance" focused.
These days with radio controlled small bait boats, rods, bait attaching systems, sinkers, lines, reel capacity, etc.. everything has changed.
Even the species being targetted from the bank.

HH
Johnb