Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Velox One unpacking and initial thought's ( VIDEO ADDED 8/3/13 7 p.m).

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Velox One unpacking and initial thought's ( VIDEO ADDED 8/3/13 7 p.m).
August 02, 2013 07:13AM
VIDEO UPDATE 8/3/13

heres the video in the test bed and Nail board test....

Its not a copy of a GMP in my personal opinion...far from it

[www.youtube.com]

8/2/13 UPDATE...THE velox One DOES NOT have the circuit Board encased in epoxy like some other's have said..and the control housing is solid aluminum....and the boards inside are secured in a very unique way like the GPX from minelab..slid into a channel...very solid robust anti dirt entry system they have used...Again impressed with the quality fo the manufacturing process..

Got the velox one in Yesterday...

Right off the bat Quality Quality Quality...

very rigid...some of the best cam locks I have ever seen...I believe they would collapse the pole before they crack...all rods real tight,, armrest comfortable super thick padding heavy buckles to run your arm strap through.. adjustable pistol grip that when locked does not move....coil cable is of the miltiary spec style with the Military spec type coil connector....coil is very sturdy yet light ..reminds me of the Minelab 10 inch slimline...

control box very well made and laid out very well...even has tabs/Fins sticking off the side of the box to keep the adjustments from getting bumped...

one thing of quick notice is the quality of the Potentiometer's best I have felt ..more like High end stereo feel....no wobble tight turning almost tactile feel to them...never adjusted a machine with such fluid/precise feel to the pot's...

battery is hip mountable via a coiled cord with a screw on mic type 5 pin connector on the end...

Battery is of the Li=Po type and even has a test button to show charge at anytime....

I find the extrenal battery a welcome additon really...if theres ever a problem theres no need to open the case to replace it ...just buy another or rebuild this one...plus no leaks to damage the circuit...I like it!

battery can be mounted on the side of the machine if you like..

Pistol grip is solid no flex..(aint going to happen)...has a unique design where the two lower fingers pinky and ring sit under a raised spot on the handle then the middle and pointer finger rides a little ahead on top of the raised spot on the handle ..gives more of a controlling type feel to your swing.. again well though out...its not desinged like that for look's...Feels like an intsrument in your hand..

Isolator rod for the coil is of some sort of high impact type no flex plastic maybe blended with some sort of fibers it looks like...it will not flex...

All plastics and metal's are of high quality...the plastics where used are very thick and robust like something you would see in industrial application's....

Now to my initial power up thought's...

When unit turns on it emits a melody for a second then goes quite, after 10 seconds it beeps to let you know the machine is O.K. ...sort of does a Diagonostic...Keep coil elevated and away from metal during this time...

this is exactly what the XP GMP does by the way...HUMMM

first positon after turning on is normal..

then postion 1/2/3 this is for the different soil extremes.I believe 3 is for salt water beach...I would think its an attenuator of some sort?My dirt can handle the stock normal mode fine so far..

Passes my mineralized brick test with ease...I mean really easy for it with quite a bit of air gap to boot...impressive on that...

Airtest like a 17.5 kHz machine------ stratosphere depth's on lower conductor's..

Ground bal .. very easy and straight forward and again like the GMP...balances at about 12 O clock but power Bal it to about 11o clock for more in ground depth.any further counter cloockwise and it is to noisy to run.

disc goes just up to foil thats it...and has an auto setting like the GMP to remove most of the coke signal's...too extreme for me though I like about 5 on the dial...on a side note the quality of the pots show here.. when in factory auto disc the Knob mark is dead on the FS line.. when you click out into the manual disc the all metal line is dead on after the click out ..you know how they have that little spongy area on the clicker that takes up about a 1/8 inch of dial space, well the dial is aligned for the first tick to align with the click out and stop mark after the dead ban area...I like it when people pay attnetion to the little details like that ..I know its not important but it shows a sign of quality..

Sens knob when turned up to about 8 starts to get buzzy after that it goes into hyper drive......Works like it should...it leaves nothing on the table in the gain...you can overdrive it..The way I like em!

has 3 audio setting's....1 normal...2 more audio signal amplification added...3 maximum audio gain amplification...as you turn it up to 2 then 3 the deeepr fainter sounds are more enhanced...

From what I can gather the original XP GoldMax had audio like positon 1 the GMP has Audio like position 3...Humm again GMP comparison's?

There's a 3 tone switch or 2 tone switch....
2 tone is mid tone and high tone minus the iron tone..
2 tone is the iron tone mid tone and high tone...

playing with it the mid tone to high tone breaks at zinc penny to copper penny...some newer zinc's seem to roll the mid to high back and forth older zincs are dead on mid tone...copper pennys are dead on high...

the low iron tone and mid tone breaks as you move the discriminator around....A requriement I must have now days!

Theres a volume control..
But there's no Iron volume control..?

Machine is very fast with the 11 Inch coil...Sound's like the DEUS fast for you with that machine..

Separates very well for a big coil and the audio is blendy ..sounds like the GMP very much...

Audio is like the GMP more of a controled type crisp precise clean sound..its analog sounding yet clean and neat..like the GMP...

Wish I had the 9 inch for it...might try to locate one...

Its a low conductor Killer by the way!

It seems to love slivers of non ferrous metal my other machine's have a hard time at...I have some alumimum drill but shavings I like to play with and most machine's in disc mode cant hit the thin curly fry strands yet the Velox at nail disc seems to be very precise on the mid tone report it gives!

Might make a very good nugget hunter...I want to see what it does in my red iron oxide dirt on the hill tops around here first though...I have places you cant here items on tip of the ground we will see how it like's low conductors there...

seems well behaved..

thats enough for now till I can get a video in the test bed and some real world Hunt's.....

I will try and answer what I can if anyone has any question's fire away maybe I can help..

Oh one last thing.

This thing is from Turkey yet its made on a scale like I have not seen a machine made except for the CTX....

a solid durable machine like this is a wake up call...nothing shotty about the mechanics or the ergonomic's and physical design...

Its heavy on the scale yet balances well...Comfortable....
Keith

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2013 11:35PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Nokta Velox One unpacking and initial thought's
August 02, 2013 08:04AM
Cool report Keith looking forward to your video on it!! By the way I sent you an email on the Lobo Supertraq.
August 02, 2013 11:02AM
Wow Keith...You have arrested my attention. Plus, it's gonna be getting cooler and vegetation....once it starts dying back......well, let's just say that Autumn has always been real nice to me when metal detecting. I can do some internet research, but would ya mind also dropping me a quick PM on a where ya bought it?? Ya might save me from paying $100 more than I should have to. Or, if it is okay with Forum rules, you could post it in a reply on this thread. I am genuinely interested. I am KEENLY interested about a video of you running it through your paces, while checking for recovery speed, depth for brass, silver, pewter, copper, nickel (you know, metals that our relics are made of). Thanks again for posting.
August 02, 2013 09:50PM
Hey Morgan I replied to you this morning.. the first one last night went to the webmaster intead of you?

Keith
August 02, 2013 10:01PM
Hey Kevin!

I did not buy it new Kevin...

I got it in a trade with a guy.....

I think the only place here in the States is Kellyco...995.00 is it high, low or about right? not sure yet

but probably cheaper than going overseas..I think you can buy them overseas for a little elss but shipping and taxes will probabably be higher than Kellyco? dont Know..

I got in this one pretty fair so it's a chance to see what it will do...Without paying a grand to find out LOL!!

Separation is nice and quick...eerily like a XP machine....yet it might take a 9 inch to unmask like the XP's, if it even will...I suspect it might be a little deeper than a XP from some thing's I saw today but still to early to tell.but it should also be a little deepr with a 2 inch bigger coil as an advantage ...

definitley a different machine than the first machines I tried from Nokta...they have took new aims it so seems...I believe the gimmicky stuff and stellar high prices is off and they want to try for performance now..

Keith
August 02, 2013 10:28PM
That machine had my interest as well. It shares the look of a Minelab GPX machine and those are REALLY comfortable out in the field. The GPX itself is a heavy machine if you look at the weight...but the balance of it is so good, you can swing it all day and not get fatigued. I've done it...for 3 days in a row of 12 hrs a day hunting each day. Maybe the Velox One will be a great machine...something to look forward to further down the road.
August 03, 2013 02:49AM
What are the differences between the Velox One and the Golden Sense? I was about to buy
a Golden Sense. Would I be better off with the Velox One?
August 03, 2013 03:25AM
The golden sense is hipmountable...uses elliptical dd coils.has fewer controls....I.E. its 2 tone only with visual and audible i.d. but you cant control the iron disc.. its factory set...I like a little more control over the tone break....I believe they set the ferrous non ferrous tone break like the Velox uses in the factory pre set positon on the disc dial..

probably work o.k. for sparse iron but for thick iron the manual disc control would unmask better on the Velox One..

they are both on the same freq...

the Golden sense seems jsut setup for less trash nugget hunting...

the velox one can do double duty ...nugget hunt and trash artifact in heavier iron hunt...

the Golden might have more Gain?

Keith
Re: Nokta Velox One unpacking and initial thought's (IMPORTANT UPDATE)
August 03, 2013 12:41PM
Keith, looking forward to your test videos on the Velox one. Hope you will get to test how this machine does in wet salt sand. I do not see how a single frequency machine can handle wet salt sand with any stability. It is stated in the Kelleyco adds that it functions well in that environment. Would like some feedback on this issue if possible. Thanks...Stuart
August 03, 2013 02:53PM
" so many detectors so little time comes to mind"

In addendum expect Keith to give it some valid testing with comprehensive conclusions....

Certainly much better than any field test you may read as it won't be proof read by the manufacturer and good and bad will be brought out...

Sounds good already with quality construction as some of the new units out are mirror like to Radio Shack...
August 03, 2013 03:56PM
So Keith with you stable of detectors how would you rate them 1-10 best for coins best for relics one that does both parks, school, relic hunting anyone do it all?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 03, 2013 11:28PM
Lawrenzo...

the best do it all detector...Just have one machine and hunt would be the CTX...with small coil as an accesory when needed...

The best iron hunter for unmasking...the GMP/DEUS followed closely by the DTVG

The best coin machine not really my area to answer..I dont really have any real solid info for park hunting and modern trash and such...

I would think for Silver coins in natural dirt the the CTX...

Deepest machine I have seen for non trashy areas and for retrieving relics of iron and non iron at depth...Blisstool...that machine is awfully deep...

They all seem to be newer releases too...Humm somthing must be going on in the industry...

Just my take..Theres alot of other capable machines But these seem to be the cream of the crop for the purposes I listed...

time for FT to release something...

Keith
August 04, 2013 02:29PM
You usually blow me away with your videos and the performance of the detector. This detector was doing OK until the nail board test. That test just turned me against this detector. Not that I would get this detector anyways because I'm a coin hunter. But I have seen other machines do a much better job. Very nice report and video. Thank You for your time.
Re: Nokta Velox One unpacking and initial thought's ( VIDEO ADDED 8/3/13 7 p.m).
August 04, 2013 02:51PM
I agree with goodmore. The depth was awesome. I really had my fingers crossed when you walked up to the nail board. Thanks for taking your time and showing us these different units, It means a lot Keith.

What other unit do you have in mind? LOL Ha Ha Ha !! I'm on the edge of my seat watching your tests...... your videos are addicting.
Re: Nokta Velox One unpacking and initial thought's ( VIDEO ADDED 8/3/13 7 p.m).
August 04, 2013 04:39PM
So Ketih the GMP where did you get yours and do you have any videos on that machine I will do a search..Tom is using this GMP? Why can't we in the states have a new machine that is the rave and why can't fisher look at what we write about and address these issues and come out with what we want. Despite what it cost to develope a new detector I feel the people that are spending money on new machines in the states are shrinking becasue we have less places to hunt. One new machine that can really do something for all of us may give us one more plunge so it has to be right.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

August 04, 2013 06:12PM
I got My GMP used...Bu they all originate from Europe on the used market...

Yes Tom has the GMP I had so I dont have one right now..but that can change on a hourly bases LOL!!

They are excellent machine's for unmasking..a tad better than the DEUS for half the price when working thick iron..

Its a site machine...ancient habitation site machine...not a modern type area...it does it's magic in small iron...larger iron for the msot part will be dug...

If Ft comes out with something now they will be accused fo copying the XP un less its something really unique...

XP GMP set their machine up for one specific task so the feature set's for the machine show this...

wide range nail reject . so you can fine tune it with the tone breaking at that smae disc setting spot...ultra fast recovery speed,,minimal filtering of the signal...Blendy audio..iron volume control, high freq ...all this combines to unmask in nails...I believe its the first machine to offer all the NEEDED settings to achieve this...

Yet I am not sure FT will build a set up like this at this point unless they can do it as an option to a more high end machine...you now have a relic mode and when you flip into it the setting's become available..I dont think they think theres enough demand here in the States to produce just the machine by itself and sell them for say 700.00 buck's.....

The Deeptech's are proving that...Some People are buying the GMP type machine they make the DTVG, and are not having pleasurable experinces with it..Why? they are trying to use it in the wrong site's....

So you Know FT has looked at the outcome and if they do offer a SITE machine I bet it will be some sort of T2 with enhanced mode...

Just my take..

But manufacturers want to build what sells..The American coin hunter market is huge...the American OLD SITE hunter is small...Here in lies the problem..

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2013 06:08AM by Keith Southern.
August 06, 2013 02:55AM
Got some more time in on the Velox Today....

I will say the machine is really deep...I dont have to run it negative in the ground bal to get great depth in my dirt..I can keep it pretty much spot on and it will get down pretty deep..I am impressed with how quite it runs mineral wise and still obtains more than most in depth....

Having problems with deep nails right now...Yet at the same time I dug some small lead and decent depth in a spot I thought was hunted out for the first 8 inches or so...but it wasnt...The Nokta Velox is a low conductor destroyer...

the deep nail's like 8 inches or more ring up high all directions till I get them dug then I cant find them or they iron grunt...

not sure why the machine is not hearing certain iron either...

Talked to them down at Nokta...Very friendly and helpfull..

They are sending me a whole new end cap for the box...Mine is the 1/8 jack headphones so they are sending me the new 1/4 jack for free...it includes the volume control to...you just plug everything in and screw it tight with 4 screw's...

I think the machine might have some potential for depth work...

One other thing after some time in the field the hand grip is not comfortable...it's alright to begin with but after awile it just plain starts to ache you palm...It looks good and feels good but it does not function good after a few hours...

So I went down to the Bike shop and bought a used handle bar extender for $2.00 and took the stock handle off ..No worries jsut 2 screws hold it to the handle..I can put it back on if need be...I slid the bike handle on and tightened it down and today I had a whole lot better hunt...feels alot better after a few hours of swinging...

More to come

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2013 03:53AM by Keith Southern.
August 06, 2013 04:47PM
Probably many weeks of studying and thousands of dollars were spent researching that handle. And you made it better with a two dollar bike handle. You gotta love it. Reguardless of what we hunt for the one thing we have in common is that we don't want to dig deep nails.
August 07, 2013 01:16AM
Sometimes the simplest is the best.....

trying to figure out the nails...I might be overdriving the machine to be truthfull...It might take some exploring at different sens level's...theyre not bad and they do have a hollow weak sound compared to a legitimate good deep target....it just takes time to learn the language of a new machine...I can already tell they are different hints...I am just scared those weak quick high hits may be something good! so far not...the good deep stuff sound's rounder and fuller...

just the learning curve..

I like having the Blisstool and the Velox to compare signals to ..interesting...

Keith
August 07, 2013 03:25AM
Hey Keith, have you done a depth test between the Bliss and Velox yet? One seem deeper than the other? Steve
August 07, 2013 06:24AM
Blisstool is deeper..

The Blisstool is the deepest metal detector I have had my hands on to date...

yet it my dirt the settings are critical....

the Velox is deep also ..more so on low conductors than high...

the bliss is very very hot across the board...

I find the Velox to be more stable yet I dig more iron with it than the Bliss...I dig very little iron with the Bliss..

I have found the bliss to offer up some slight nuances on deep iron that at first you might not notice...yet theres a simple little crack or rattiness to the edge of the target that will be a dead give away for iron...even the faint signals have it if you listen close and use some high end headphone's....Cheap low end low ohm headphones wont cut it on the blisstool..You have to hear that slight abrubt crack to the signal or iron will be dug...

The velox on the other hand is tricky in its tone...not alot of quality to the sound,, As of yet!that can change though as more experince is gained from the machine...

Now the velox is a very deep machine though and seems to have better depth with a proper ground bal than most any machine I have used...in other words you dont have to power bal in bad dirt to see some real depth....They are fun to compare..

I will tell you regarding the Bliss though that its more of a hardcore hunter than what many may be used to...its raw and archaic in away...Like a 60's muscle car...

It hears everything in the ground and in alot of wasy for relic hunting I like that...now its not a picker in iron...but its a deep sucker on isolated target's...I would hate for it to be my only detector ...I can see where its strong point is And if used for intended purpose it will produce find's....DONT USE IT IN THE WRONG SPOT>>>>

Keith
August 07, 2013 02:01PM
Yes..... coin hunting is a large market; yet, do not underestimate the relic hunters market/volume.

Of noteworthy mention: It is a nice/intelligent marketing 'skill' when a detector is designed for a very specific application.......... such as gold nugget prospecting............... yet, the detector doubles as a superior dedicated relic hunter/unit. I would venture to guess that most gold prospecting units are used in the capacity of relic hunting. AT-Gold should be a good example.
August 07, 2013 03:29PM
How about the vista gold..it may not be as deep but it seems to do really well from what I have read in heay iron...

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

August 07, 2013 05:04PM
Yes lawrenzo the DTVG is a very very good iron unmasker...

I believe a part of the problem in the iron with the Nokta Velox is the coil design....its not a TIGHT coil....

not sure the 9 inch would help it much..

Nokta Needs to study up on a modern coil design..the speed is there its fast yet it shutdowns in heavy iron...Why? I think maybe it could be the coil...

it's of a decade old design or more it so seems..

Reminds me of the minelab slimline....

I believe they tried to get more depth in the coil than separation...if that makes sense..and yes a coil can be designed for one or the other or even both as we are now seeing...

This is just a stab at it but it is not the best at unmasking when comparing it to the GMP DTVG AT-PRO and the likes....yet the speed is there, very quick...

a tight wound DD might do wonders for it...Wonder of S.E.F. will build a 8x6 for it...

Coil design is paramount in the modern detector design....

Keith
August 08, 2013 02:21AM
What do you use now Keith you have tried so many detectors. I have watched all of your videos, since I can't detect till sometime next year...I have been asking myself if I were to buy a detector would it be a vista gold for unmasking in iron relic hunting? It seems the deus is very good and the blisstol is kind of cool with the old style way of tuning it. I am not against old being remade into a new unit that works. And of course what is Fisher going to do? It seems you just take you best units and use them at different times even at the same place once you have hunted. Each unit if it has its place and you know it well should find something another unit may have misssed. Do the units from europe that don't have meters or not use them because it may rob them of some power and that could slow down the recovery and depth. It is nice when you find a button and you see a vdi and when you keep hunting and that vdi shows up it helps you tell if it is a button. I know the best rule is dig it all if it is not iron. How do the vista handle picks and horse shoes and tools from the old days. Does it give off a iron hit and hot a different tone. And on the vista when you cut the volume on the iron does it help? I would think it does and draw backs? Rate your top dectors and why you like them. It seems you have the time to try out a lot of different units that is very cool to see what is out there and what works in the good old USA...Take care and thanks for all of your help on this forum

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

August 08, 2013 02:46AM
Excellent report Keith on both detectors. Solid info that is quite helpful.Steve
August 08, 2013 11:08PM
Well lawrenzo

F75/T2
AT-PRO
Couple of Gold machines
Xterra 705
G2
testing the blisstool and Velox

I have a bad habit if returning to a site over and over and over ...I like the sites that hold the most promise.. and I like the sites that are the most Historical....

I live in an area where in 50 square miles theres probably a thousand detectorist...I mean really.. and over the decades theres probabably been thousands and thousands of detectorist going over alot of ground...I live in the largest civil war battlefield in the Southeast...the Atlanta Campaign.. and its been pounded to death since the late 50's with metal detector's....

you know how in alot of area's on the weekends you fish or hunt or trap or hike for recreation...Well when I grew up Metal detecting was as common a past time as any of those and maybe even more....it was just a common thing to Hunt relic's...it was a common occurrence to see people out swinging no matter where you were at ..And its still like that not as many as there once was but let them open a piece of land close by for construction right now and its standing room only for detectorist...

so what I am trying to say the areas have been hunted so hard the only real advanatge I have is to go to where the best stuff has come from and rehunt it agian and again...Oh sure I hit the occasional virgin spot but its off the beaten path deep in the woods and hard to get to...

I dont hunt modern trash alot either ..so the places I hunt are the type where only iron is the trash and most all the big iron has been removed...So I am actually at an advantage....I know if I get some sort of a hit it's usually something old...But the trick is trying to find a hit ..I have them to myself mostly because the hints are almost non existant...

So these areas are perefect to test detector's in..and its quite easy to tell what produces and what does not....you can tell when something makes a difference on a site and when it does not..

I have lots of detectors I have tried yet do not talk about them...Why? ...they dont cut it(FOR ME IN IRON)...I would rather just stay quite than irritate people...

I know yall might think when I mention this detector does great in iron then I mention another that does great in iron also and so forth or this one has great depth and this one does too,,,,well if you knew how many I tried that did not do nothing and which ones they were...well you get the picture...LOL!!

The Euopean machines for the most part are great at unmasking in iron because thats theyre number one aim...Dealing with a couople thousand year old iron debris..
The American machines are great at dealing with modern trash sites for the most part and they make some great prospecting unit's...
The Minelabs are great at dealing with BAD DIRT...

The blisstool and the Nokta seem a little bit different they are after depth and unmasking seems second fiddle...They are not competing for the Deeptech and xp market directly they are after the depth market...

Now I hear the Golden mask seem's to be doing dual duty..unmaskign and getting real deep...not tried one yet!!But I will hopefully...

The Russian also have the Sorex and its a mixed mode all metal and disc circuit ..sort of like the MXT but supposedly real powerful with great disc and some interesting way's of telling iron by the visual graph.....Need one of those to try to!

If I was wanting to stay American made and hunt proficiently the ATPRO is a first pick when outfitted with small coil....I think its the best offering the U.S. has right now for unmasking in iron hunting for relics...But that's my take...But it works awfully well in a wide range of other task...and for the price its hard to beat...And I like to dig iron relics to...

If I was wanting to unmask in iron and willing to buy overseas the best is the XP-GMP then the DEUS..

Secondly is the DTVG..I actually like the DTVG a little better than the DEUS for my need's..

The CTX also has a good nack of unmaskign CERTAIN low conductors in iron if the ground is exposed with no grass or airgap's...it can do some amazing things in that scenario...
Notice I say for me...I hunt a certian way and require a certain type response from a detector...

I actually like to dig iron artifacts and the ATPRO will dig those alot easier if you want to retrieve them than the CTX at a 4th of the price..and its waterprood too and can handle funky dirt well..But its not as deep as the CTX....

Just a relic hunting view...

I actually like to use a P.I. in bad dirt..Still the best at hearing low conductors in bad soil for me is the Infinium...run a P.i. in bad dirt and it will amaze you at what the other machines call iron at a few inches..

Keith
August 08, 2013 11:30PM
Keith -- People thought, and so accused me of filling the forums full of hype when I was running the Blisstool and talking about how deep it could go. To date, it is still the deepest VLF machine I have ran. I only ran the stock coil on it...never got a chance to hunt it with the 15" coil, but I can only imagine how deep it would go with that. There are for sure tricks to it that I never learned. One does have to obtain an ear for it...if I used it quite a bit, I could get the difference between a deep nail and a deep bullet or something else...although it did take many hours of use to get that way. Even still, I was often fooled when I would go a while without using the detector, and would have to relearn that sweet mellow sound it gives on non ferrous vs ferrous items. The thing that I had to get past with it...was that it will still give a repeating beep on iron. I was used to detectors either totally knocking the iron out, or breaking it up so as there was no doubt as to what it was. I was programmed that if it gave a repeatable beep, to dig it...and IF you do that on the Bliss, on everything that it gives a repeated beep on...you are gonna be digging a lot of iron. The key to it was what you pointed out....if it sounded what I call "raspy" in any way....it was iron. No doubt about it. It is certainly a site specific machine...with depth in mind. It is one of those mystery machines that air tests horribly....but can somehow exceed in ground, for what it lacks in air tests.

If you can ever get your hands on a Minelab GPX, I think you are going to have your socks and shoes blown off. I still think of it as the pinnacle of detectors for absolute depth. It wont be as good for the sites you like to hunt...the ones thick with iron....but then again, nobody really plays that much with the GPX and smaller DD coils. I did though...I bought a 6x10 DD coil for mine and took it to a 4th Corps camp site. It done surprisingly well in the iron there...lots of debris from several early 1900s homesites and remains of fences scattered through the same site...and you could turn the Gain down to almost nothing, and still have better depth than every other VLF machine I have used (minus the Bliss). I think it would be neat to see what all you could figure out about that machine. You already made the leap to try the CTX...the GPX 4800 ain't that much more than what the CTX cost, and you would have no problems reselling it....but I bet it would be a hard one for ya to part ways with. I cried the day I sold mine.
August 08, 2013 11:56PM
I have to say something about the Nokta Service....I had a problems with the headphone jack on the velox...its the small1/8 one and they have updated to a larger 1/4 type...I asked them about fixing it with a new larger one and they sent me a whole control panel with new jack and volume conrtol...it just plugs in on the inside..

But the real kicker was the resposne was quick and fast and they stayed with me through emails the whole way..

talk about fast shipping...Not sure I could of sent tit to the next State in 2 day's..they sent it around the world...free of charge to boot!

Thought I would share that ..

Keith
August 09, 2013 12:01AM
Yes Daniel I would love to try out the 5000 ....I KNOW it would be the Apex for depth in our bad dirt....

But the cost is more than what I paid for my Truck LOL!!

I know I will get hold of one just have to figure out what to sell to do it...

I keep hope for a stripped down relic model so I hold off...I know as soon as I buy there will be a new release or a less expensive one....

but thanks for the info...

And yes the Blisstool can jump way in the ground..I have the 15 inch coil with mine and its unreal...I have given up on some targets till I can get back with better retrieval tools...

Keith