Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The proud owner of a CZ-3D!!

Posted by tiny 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The proud owner of a CZ-3D!!
August 14, 2013 01:18PM
Hey chaps. Pretty excited right now, I'm now the proud owner of a CZ-3D!!

After selling my Safari which was a big mistake and then having the misfortune of owning a sick Hawkeye which wouldn't find an old Victorian Penny at anything over 4" I was pretty fedup. Then one night while idly looking through Youtube vids I came across some guy using a CZ-3D and was pretty impressed! Multi tone, metered and deep - dear me, there is a heaven!!!

Apparently there is also some significance to the number 1021 although I haven't yet found out what this is.

Off out shortly to give it a whirl. So in the wise words of one A. Schwarzenegger, I'll be back!
Re: The proud owner of a CZ-3D!!
August 14, 2013 02:01PM
Practice the manual ground balance by bobbing in your back yard till you get the feel for it and a couple of bobs in the field and will be good to go.
The rusty nail thing also has to be learned so visit Mike CZ page which is a wealth of info..Found easily by Google....
PS: buy a longer digger...
August 15, 2013 01:09AM
The 1021 units are earlier production and are reputed to get better depth, most any CZ3D will get respectable depth though. If you think yours might need a tune up I highly recommend Tom D., mine came back a better machine(quick turn around too). Check this forum, there is a wealth of info on all the CZ models.
August 17, 2013 12:39PM
Thanks for the info guys.

Went out yesterday with the CZ and found a few bits and pieces. I now understand what people mean by the detector being an iron magnet, lots of old nails and bolts giving a nice high tone. I suppose with experience will come the ability to understand an leave these specific tones OR just dig them anyway in the hope it might be something nice that others have left behind thinking it's junk.

I haven't seen any great depth yet but it's fair to say that certainly on my ground it's miles ahead of the Hawkeye I once owned. One feature I do like with this CZ is the deeper the target the quieter the signal. I haven't noticed that on any other machine I've owned.

I wonder, does Tom have a set charge for servicing/tuning or is it a case of send it in and I'll have a look?
August 17, 2013 12:39PM
They are a great machine. I own 2.

Enjoy.

Joe
August 17, 2013 02:17PM
tiny
One feature I do like with this CZ is the deeper the target the quieter the signal. I haven't noticed that on any other machine I've owned.

Also on...

Explorer, Etrac, CTX
Fisher F75LTD, CL, SENS=15