Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Haunted Silver

Posted by ShovelNose 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Haunted Silver
October 10, 2013 05:24PM
Got permission to hunt a house and they also owned this one. House is considered haunted and I got to say it is spooky. Built in 1876. Qwner stated it has been hunted but I'm sure they didn't have a MD that could see through the iron. Every coin had a nail or screw by it so I can see why they were missed. This is just from the front yard as the back is grown up and needs mowing. I would do that if I had a mower that would handle the tall grass. I also picked up a dozen wheats from the 20's up. No IH pennies or old nickels yet but they have got to be there. The Seated Quarter is my oldest yet and button is my first flat button. Used 2 tone ferrous and the Sunray X-8 coil.
[i1257.photobucket.com]
[i1257.photobucket.com]
[i1257.photobucket.com]
Re: Haunted Silver
October 10, 2013 10:06PM
Anybody got a match.....certainly a good day by any standards and do return with a machete or whatever it takes to clear the area.

Always smile when they say its been hunted as always remember hunting the baseball field of the XXXXXXX 1901 braves that had been hunted by a club of 12 hunters.....Spent a couple days hunting but retrieved 10 silvers back to seated and several doz. indian head pennies...either they really made a killing or forgot to turn on their detectors...of course it was a lot of area.....

If you need a buddy....well you know....
October 11, 2013 02:26AM
Good job mate

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 11, 2013 02:46AM
Nice digs. I bet their is a ton more there if you can just get to it.
title should say HUNTED silver
October 11, 2013 02:59AM
because you found silver!!!

Nice dig's

Keith
October 11, 2013 03:19AM
Way to go on the quarter!!!!
October 11, 2013 09:39PM
I noticed that your silver dimes are 1940s and later, but the seated quarter and flat button are considerably older. Shallow nails and screws there could be masking some excellent deeply-buried finds. Combined with all the overgrowth, it would take some serious work to truly “hunt out” that area.

Congrats on your seated quarter find.

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil
October 12, 2013 02:26AM
Nice finds -

seated stuff is always a good sign for more possibility!

HH