Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Why Is The F70 So Underrated?

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Why Is The F70 So Underrated?
December 19, 2009 01:07AM
Since I use the F70 maybe I am biased but this detector is great. Considering all the top line detectors price out at well over $1000 the F70 seems like a no-brainer purchase yet hardly anyone ever talks about it. Everything I read says its depth is equal to the F75 and I have hunted against Etracs and none of them have found anything I couldn't(so far at least) and in some serious nail pits I pulled out coins they missed. So what am I missing, why does this detector hardly ever get a good mention. Does it lack in some area of performance?
Re: Why Is The F70 So Underrated?
December 19, 2009 01:25PM
True; the F70 is underrated. IRT Bang-for-the-buck.....it's one of the best. The ACE 250 has the same problem........Dirt cheap; yet, underrated.
The only problem with the F70 is; In order to ascertain older-generation F75 depth capabilities.....you must select 'slow' process. This induces/reintroduces some masking problems. Even with this said........it's not that bad of an issue. The F70 can be set up to be very quiet in carpets of iron. Yes......once again.....it's an underrated unit.
December 20, 2009 08:02AM
hi there..
Stay put-you are on the right track,-the F70 is a very good choice.
I think it is one of the better"Clones"(if not the best)-since the Cz series of
power tools emerged from the Fisher Power Plant in Los Banos way
back in the nineties.....
As Tom states use slow,-then play around with threshold and sense and trim
down sweep speed....
good luck
trond

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2009 08:03AM by trond.
December 20, 2009 01:31PM
Just out of curiosity, when I have my F70 in DE with sens at 99 and threshold on +9 how much less depth am getting than the F75 maxed out in JE mode? I have been reluctant to you the SL mode because my preferred areas of hunting are just littered with iron.
December 20, 2009 03:11PM
I believe that the F75 11" DD coil is superior to the 10" Concentric found on the stock F70, at least comparing performance of both on my F75 LTD. In my red clay dirt, I found the DD at least 1" deeper and a little more stable. In addition, the 10" DD seems no better IDing bottle caps compared to the 11" DD, of which the small 3x7 elliptical still seems to do the best job for me (consistent low tones + relatively consistent low VID).
December 20, 2009 07:03PM
I bought the 11'DD coil a few months back and love it. I haven't used the concentric coil since. I always run it in DE mode with sens 99 and thres +9 unless I am in town hunting yards. Than I cut back to control the EMI. I can usually run it at sens 70 with thres at -2 when in town. Without using the SL mode I was wondering how much depth I am giving up to someone using the F75 maxed out in JE mode.
December 22, 2009 12:30AM
For most, 'je' mode is a misconception. Many think the 'je' mode will acquire deeper ""regular-sized"" targets. Not true. It will tremendously boost VERY tiny targets ONLY. Dime-sized targets are detectable to the exact same depths in 'je' mode vs. 'pf' and/or 'de' mode.
The F70 will gain approx 1.5" on a dime simply by switching from the stock 9-3/4" ellipcon coil ... to the 11" ellip DD coil.

Comparing identical 11" DD coil to 11" DD coil on F70 AND F75...... depth is nearly exactly the same on a clad dime....... as long as the F70 is in 'slow' mode. This is on a stand-alone/solo (not masked) target. Yes, this is with the F75 at maximum settings......regardless of 'je', 'de' or 'pf' modes.

Tom
December 22, 2009 03:47AM
hi tom!
"real" "aged" dirt results ARE of course DEEPER with the f-75 LTD as opposed to the "standard" f-75 in your experience?..thanks!

(h.h!)
j.t.
Re: Why Is The F70 So Underrated? What is next?
December 22, 2009 03:58AM
I say why not just get the new LTD or the F75 then you have it all for a few more bucks. I didn't like the F70 when I got ahold of it for a few days. I had about a year on the F75 and couldn't wait to get my F75 back. My friend sold his F70 and got the F75 and I kept my F75 and got the LTD.

I wonder what is next for the fisher family? More depth something that really goes deeper with all the good programs that the LTD has maybe even faster and better at unmasking iron and a new way to use AM how about giving one side of the speaker the iron zip and the other a good tone.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 22, 2009 10:48PM
J.T. = Yes.

......and detailed results are on the longest thread on this forum....if you have the time.
December 24, 2009 04:46AM
just checked that thread out!...thanks for doing the comparison!..more "wallop" for the money!..so to speak!

(h.h!)
j.t.