Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Headphone Repair

Posted by SkiWhiz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Headphone Repair
November 17, 2013 02:42AM
If any of you have headphones out of warranty I would be happy to check them out/fix them for you. No charge other than return shipping and parts if needed. Send me a pm or an email skiwhiz1960@gmail.com to get in touch with me. Not trying to take any headphone sales away from the sponsors just trying to give a little back to the forum. Steve.
Re: Headphone Repair
November 17, 2013 03:47AM
That is a nice way of "giving back" and a lot of us will appreciate it. I may have business for you soon as I have a set of Killer B's that need a whole new cord. Was going to do it myself but can never seem to find the time. Thank you for this effort.

Charles
November 17, 2013 03:53AM
Hmmm, I need to take you up on that bud!
November 17, 2013 03:58AM
That's awesome Steve. I wouldn't let you work for nothing. The only thing wrong with my Grey Ghosts are the pads...other than that, their good. Thanks anyway!
November 17, 2013 04:37AM
I have been a dairy farmer all my life but have loved tinkering with electronics farther back than I can remember. I just staterd doing a few repairs for some forum buddies that had a problem with a toggle switch, a broken wire, a bad 1/4"stereo plug, a broken cross over wire,etc. Easy for me to find the problem and do the repairs but I don't have any ear pads,etc. for doing that kind of thing only parts that I can run into town and get. If I find that I am not out of line here on the forums or breakng any rules and I do get a number of repairs to do I will stock up on some parts and search for pads,etc. Like I said I like do things like this and am not looking to make any $$$ from it, just a small way to give something back. Thanks again. Steve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2013 04:46AM by SkiWhiz.
November 17, 2013 02:48PM
Steve, VERY noble (authorized and appreciated).
November 17, 2013 02:51PM
Tip of the hat Steve as many have headphones that just stopped working. Imagine Steve is looking to be a helping hand for these as broken wires and poor solder joints can cause a lot of grief. With so many different brands out there feel it would be an expensive to stock parts so give Steve a call as he is a good ole boy and may be able to get those old favorites purring again...For those needing specific parts such as ear pads etc. contact the manufacturer.
November 17, 2013 03:16PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Steve, VERY noble (authorized and appreciated). Thank you Tom & everyone else. Detecting is about the only hobby I have and I love it, I accidently landed on one of the detecting forums many years ago and enjoyed them so much I became a member on about all of them. I have never met any of the members in person but have got to know many good people around the country and have learned a great deal from other members. These forums mean alot to me, they are always enjoyable and even more so when the snow and cold weather sets in up here in the northeast and I can't get out detecting. Thanks again everyone for your kind words. My email address is skiwhiz1960@gmail.com or you are welcome to give me a call any day between 9:00am-9:00pm Eastern time (315)-528-6709 Steve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2013 03:22PM by SkiWhiz.
November 17, 2013 07:20PM
Hey Steve notice of you to work on the phones for people...

Funny you post this on the same day I threw way a bag of headphone part's lol!!

I went a fished then back out of the trash can this morning....

if you need this stuff I will sned it to you...Its mostly just parts but heck it's free stuff...

I have a pile of speakers also in a box that comes out of headphone's...I dont need,,

Might even have a couple more pair to throw in...

let me Know I will slow mail them to you ..if not thats fine also..

just thought if you are repairing something might help out..

Keith
November 17, 2013 08:14PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Steve notice of you to work on the phones for
> people...
>
> Funny you post this on the same day I threw way a
> bag of headphone part's lol!!
>
> I went a fished then back out of the trash can
> this morning....
>
> if you need this stuff I will sned it to you...Its
> mostly just parts but heck it's free stuff...
>
> I have a pile of speakers also in a box that comes
> out of headphone's...I dont need,,
>
> Might even have a couple more pair to throw in...
>
> let me Know I will slow mail them to you ..if not
> thats fine also..
>
> just thought if you are repairing something might
> help out..
>
>
>
>
>
> Keith Thanks Keith, sure I will take them you never know there might be something in the mix that will be needed to repair a set of phones for someone. I will pm you my details & let me know if you want me to cover shipping,etc. Thanks again Keith. Steve.