Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What does it mean!

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What does it mean!
November 22, 2013 12:39AM
U.S. Constitution Article 1, Section 10 (First paragraph).
Re: What does it mean!
November 22, 2013 01:01AM
Hi,,,, That's an easy question to answer....It just simply means that our Government is unscrupulous and now it's filtered down to a local level.....JJ
November 22, 2013 01:39AM
This is what I found:

Section 10, finally, prohibits the states from several things. They cannot make their own money, or declare war, or do most of the other things prohibited Congress in Section 9. They cannot tax goods from other states, nor can they have navies

Tom in SC
November 22, 2013 01:41AM
Tom,

It was designed to prevent states from exercising powers that the federal government retained for itself, including making any form money unless that money was made in the form of gold or silver, or redeemable in gold or silver. Back in the day, they didn't want states creating their own fiat currency due to inevitable inflation and collapse of every fiat currency ever attempted (*ahem*).

Once the Civil War was over and the federal government established its absolute dominency over the states, states became less interested in coining their own money. As the states became firmly entreched in the federal currency system, they essentially lost all interest in making their own gold and silver coins (why bother? federal currency was plentiful).

By the time the federal government took us off the gold standard and switched to fiat currency, that rendered that portion of Article 1 Section 10 essentially dead.

That does not mean that at some point it cannot come back to life, but that would only happen after a widespread systemic collapse of the federal monetary system, at which time no provision of the constitution will matter much anymore.
November 22, 2013 01:49AM
smudge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> That does not mean that at some point it cannot
> come back to life, but that would only happen
> after a widespread systemic collapse of the
> federal monetary system, at which time no
> provision of the constitution will matter much
> anymore.

It is this point, right here, that I think of often. On one hand, it seems wise to prepare for what I feel is inevitable, additional, much more substantial and more rapid debasement of our fiat currency. Then, on the other hand, my mind says that if/when that happens, and if/when we were to thus witness a major financial collapse, I would expect we would find ourselves under complete federal control...at which time all trite notion of "states' rights" -- and our Constitution in general, will have been relegated to some past, distant memory...

Am I being too cynical/pessimistic???

Steve
November 22, 2013 02:39AM
Basically clauses to ensure that the states don't start acting like independent countries, undermining the national government...

But the tricky part of it is that it say's no State can make something besides gold or silver a "tender in payment" for any debts, which would include debts owed by and to the State.....

Yet they (STATES) have by law declared that they will accept, and pay out, Federal Reserve Notes for any debts owed by or to them. Therefore, every State is in violation of Article I, Section 10 of the U.S. Constitution....

The Constituitonal tender act!!

Keith
November 22, 2013 02:44AM
No steveg, I think you are spot on.

As i see it, there are too many enemies of the Christian way of thinking, that have weaseled their way into our government..... been going on for decades. They retained a strong foothold with deep roots and too much power and backing.............. I feel heavy boots on our throats. Some will disagree, even when the scat hits the fan.
November 22, 2013 03:45AM
What Constitution ? We still have one ?
November 22, 2013 03:50AM
It means I should go metal detecting.
November 22, 2013 03:52AM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> It means I should go metal detecting.

LoL

Amen to that!
November 22, 2013 04:03AM
To me it means the legislative powers granted (KEY WORD)can be revoked. At which time our states should become soverin nations. But ??????????

Put all you money in gold or silver and get it out of the country while you still can.
How is that for extreme? LOL
November 22, 2013 05:00PM
I put my money in brass and lead...the currency of the New Millennium.
November 22, 2013 06:15PM
Tom

Is this a rhetorical question or a pop quiz? You're forcing us to guess your intent here as the clause you're referring to encompasses numerous facets of government empowerment.
The simplest response is that Art. 1 Sec.10 is to the Federal Gov. what the 10th Amendment is to State Gov. in terms of supremecy in the matters delineated in the clause. A personal favorite of mine is the Obligation of Contracts section which I used for 35 years to stymie this state's attempts to force me to buy their license to sub-contract labor in the construction industry. It is of course a bastardization of the meaning but when put in a "put up or shut up" position , no state employee confronting me with their regulations , ever chose to refute my stance that their regs were unconstituional,,,,I'm sure if my operation was of any substantial size their efforts would have been more vigorous. smiling smiley

I agree with a number of the previous posts as it effectively means nothing as the Constituion has not been in force in this country in a hundred years. sad smiley
November 22, 2013 09:47PM
A limited central system kept in check by a representative system turned on its head, heard only 2 State's that aren't operating in the red or bankrupt? That's 57 states with 2 more to go(Presidential Wisdom)without teleprompter ?
November 22, 2013 10:11PM
Hi,,,,WoW now that's a lot of states....LoL....JJ
November 23, 2013 01:13AM
......... and what a spectrum of 'direction' this thread has undertaken!
November 23, 2013 01:27AM
smudge Wrote:

> That does not mean that at some point it cannot
> come back to life, but that would only happen
> after a widespread systemic collapse of the
> federal monetary system, at which time no
> provision of the constitution will matter much
> anymore.

im beginning to think that things are happening exactly as predicted!!

chuck.
Tri
November 23, 2013 12:41PM
[www.youtube.com]

what does this mean............
November 23, 2013 01:59PM
Tri, good video from 29 years ago. Spread that around. What stage are we in now?
November 23, 2013 07:06PM
Right before crisis, methinks...

Steve
November 24, 2013 05:47AM
As Americans we all hold a pride in our heritage and look to our children to carry on our beliefs and morals.
As A master carpenter I have meet every type of customer out there and have experienced a attitude exhibited in this video. From it dont matter ill be dead any way to extreme defense of improper things.

Working in a absolutely incredible enviroement for over a year (MILL VALLEY CA). It is so incredibly beautiful standing on the Blithdel Ridge below Mt Tamalpias(where I got my gold coin) looking at the fog breaking over the coastel range and all I can do is Be awed by the beauty of what I consider GOD and Thats nature. Striking into every point of my soul only to turn and say good morniong in a enthuisastic way, just happy to be there, to a fellow hiker and have them frown upon you as if you have intruded on there day.
WHy does it have to be that be that way cant you just make the world a little better place and just SAY GOOD MORNING!!!! And go about your way, did I ask you for a buck?

Are the classes so seperated we cant even say good morning?

Why Is there a contempt between our beloved neighbors. The haves and have not. I"m sorry I was dressed for work (some one built your house). Get Over your self.

Ok all that was just a case and point and I will say I met two great people there who would even talk to me and that was Sammy Hagar. ROCK ON MY BROTHER> a real person. And a perky sweetheart of babe sporting 70 plus years at least. God if I was twenty years older, dont hear that to often hunh.. She said she had been there 30 years and didnt have any frieinds.
She has one now!!! She has never been to Tahoe and next summer Ill show her around.

I am afraid of where we are going as a nation we dont even have common love for our fellow man>>>>>> How can we function???

At some point maybe we will be forced to come back together. I hope it doesnt come to that.

P.s In my travels, I have enjoyed the eastern states the most. People seemed like they wanted to talk and had time.

Dog bless America man!!!LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2013 06:33AM by godigit1.
November 24, 2013 06:13PM
Well put!!!

I live over the hill, in Larkspur and know exactly what you mean. Btw, I did a job for Hagar over 25 years ago and he was great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2013 06:20PM by Crosby.
November 25, 2013 04:36AM
That's just the bay dude...smug capital. I did a job in San Anselmo, stopped at that Safeway in San Rafael...and I $heet you not, I was the ONLY truck in the entire parking lot...surreal.
November 28, 2013 12:20AM
ok tom, what do you think it means???

chuck.
November 28, 2013 01:29PM
What an interesting run (of psychology) this thread has been....... for all to see/learn from.
From a well-articulated attorney (decrypted) input............. to Steve H. hitting exactly 50% (second half) of my intended meaning.............. to all the rest of the folks showing the true 'heart' of this Nations 'gut' of how we feel/stand in reference to the implications of the Constitution stating 'gold & silver' to be our only authorized currency.
Objective-to-subjective presentation.
November 28, 2013 01:38PM
............... and............ I believe.. in a few weeks................ will exactly mark the 100-year anniversary of the Federal Reserve.
November 28, 2013 01:55PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> ............... and............ I believe.. in a
> few weeks................ will exactly mark the
> 100-year anniversary of the Federal Reserve.

I thought the proximity of the post to JFK's 50th was too much of a coincidence,,,,,should've dug that one.
December 01, 2013 05:15PM
A little yarn from the Land of Drinkin can't make this stuff up moral of the story don't mess with the federallies ! [www.youtube.com]