Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

1st hunt with my CZ-3d……….

Posted by Hopskippy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
1st hunt with my CZ-3d……….
December 01, 2013 07:14PM
I only got to hunt for about an hour today at our local park in town. This park has been pounded hard.

My setting, vol 3, sens 4.5, disc 0 (first click off auto), enhance mode, ground balanced to a perfect quiet balance.

I hadn't pulled a silver from there in a couple years.
I dug every target that was solid both ways. I dug the med. tones as well as the high tones, to help myself understand what the detector was telling me.
I dug about 8 nails, coming in as solid two way high tones. But, after digging those 2, I had a good idea the others were nails and not coins. Most of the nails, I could get to bounce or give a low tone every once in a while, while scanning from all directions. A couple of the nails, I raised the coil above it until the sig was lost, then slowly lowered the coil back down, while still swinging, that help get a bounce or low tone on a couple of them before I dug.
I will say, when it was a coin, I couldn't get a bounce, grunt or any tone except high and solid no matter how I swung it.
My trash to good target ratio was at least 2.5 to 1, which I expected since I intended to dig most everything.
I'm quite impressed with my new CZ. Lots of learning to go yet, but I'm sure going to enjoy it!
I hope these pics show?

[www.findmall.com]

[www.findmall.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2013 07:55PM by Hopskippy.
Re: 1st hunt with my CZ-3d……….
December 01, 2013 07:21PM
( 4 clad pennies, 2 clad nickels and a 1920 mercury dime)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2013 07:57PM by Hopskippy.
December 01, 2013 07:35PM
finally !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2013 07:56PM by Hopskippy.
December 01, 2013 08:40PM
Good deal there Hopskippy. Was that with the 8" coil?
December 01, 2013 10:40PM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good deal there Hopskippy. Was that with the 8"
> coil?

Yes, the 8". I think i'm gonna like the 8. I'll probably get the 5" when I can afford it.
December 01, 2013 11:08PM
Good job there on your 1st hunt with the CZ 3D! Finding silver while learning a new unit is challenging to say the least. Persistence pays off. The 3D is so easy to use sometimes we take advantage of it's simplicity too much and get lazy. But you hung in there...way to go! Many more and better finds are headed your way with your determination. Have fun with that 3D...it's a keeper.

Charles
December 01, 2013 11:24PM
Charles (Sabre)(Tx) Wrote:
> Good job there on your 1st hunt with the CZ 3D!
> Finding silver while learning a new unit is
> challenging to say the least. Persistence pays
> off. The 3D is so easy to use sometimes we take
> advantage of it's simplicity too much and get
> lazy. But you hung in there...way to go! Many
> more and better finds are headed your way with
> your determination. Have fun with that 3D...it's
> a keeper.
>
> Charles

Thanks.
Yeah, I felt pretty lucky finding the merc. It was sweet. My grandson was with me. He had been there at that park with me MANY times before and told me, " there ain't nothing left there but junk". He actually dug it, when he popped it out he said, " Its an aluminum coin grandpa", his first silver ever. He was really shocked. It was about 7" deep. I know I been over that exact spot several times, with several units too. Just goes to show ya….
December 02, 2013 10:34AM
I like to hunt with my CZ's volume at 10 & use headphones with adjustable volume to turn it down, some. Most times I will have sensitivity higher than 4.5 , if it can handle it. Since that area has been hunted a lot, slow your sweep speed, go over the area twice at 90° angles , & dig both higher tones.
It takes awhile to learn your CZ .
December 02, 2013 02:13PM
Google Mikes CZ page as its a CZ users bible....old rusty nails will be a problem especially the deep ones but after a while you will dig few and super deep silver..Remember swing slow for exceptional depth and sens. as high as you can with a stable unit and volume at 10 certainly helps with the deepies ...
Certainly a user friendly unit but will take a while to understand what its telling you and believe me 10-12 inch silver dimes are possible with this unit...
We have some darn good CZ guys on this forum so any questions fire away....
December 02, 2013 09:33PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
> Google Mikes CZ page as its a CZ users
> bible....old rusty nails will be a problem
> especially the deep ones but after a while you
> will dig few and super deep silver..Remember swing
> slow for exceptional depth and sens. as high as
> you can with a stable unit and volume at 10
> certainly helps with the deepies ...
> Certainly a user friendly unit but will take a