Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP GMP??? (Tom or Keith)

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP GMP??? (Tom or Keith)
December 11, 2013 01:49AM
Guys, or anyone else who would know, I want one of these. I want the 18 khz one that is a bit more peppy than the Deus. I don't want it just because it is a bit more.......(don't know the word) than the Deus......but just because I'd like to have one. I may order one from overseas. Do they use the wireless headphones like the Deus?? I wouldn't mind using regular cord-ful headphones with it. Wireless is not a necessity. But I like everything that I have been reading about these units. I'm not sure I understand the diference between GM Power and GMP and GMP 2. Which one would be the very best at relic hunting in nail ridden areas. I know that I already have the Deus. But I still want one of these but I want to get the one that is most suited to my needs. (Hunting in nail infested areas.......best co-locator) Thank y'all!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2013 02:01AM by Kevin B.
Re: XP GMP??? (Tom or Keith)
December 11, 2013 02:23AM
The. GMP will work with wireless headphones or standard corded phones. I believe it has the 1/4 plug.

On my thread on the gmax 2 there are several links to uk suppliers. You can see the specs and review the manual.

Pacman
December 11, 2013 02:34AM
Theres only the Goldmaxx Power Kevin...the GMP..

Theres no GMP2..

The first Goldmax was the non power version...it was simply called Goldmaxx...then the Goldmaxx power came out,,, that's the whole line ...

the Goldmaxx is no longer made...the Goldmaxx Power is still in production.. a new one is like 1000.00 dollars.. used one can be any price...but usually they run around 650.00 or so with the exchange rate and shipping for one thats not beat to death..oh deals can be found like anything else also but you have to wait and be patient.....there was 2 chips used on the GMP by the way..if you find one make sure its the V4...I think the first few GMP's were V3 but they changed the chip out ..most of the V3 got the V4 installed...I doubt theres any V3's floating around on the used market...But make sure the chip is the latest V4...its listed on the inside battery compartment..

Im not sure you will notice much difference Kevin over the DEUS...unless you really get into the splitting hairs aspect...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2013 03:47AM by Keith Southern.
December 11, 2013 03:17AM
Yes, I would like to try one out also,but, you know,Iknow and everyone else knows Fisher is coming out with something new. Weve seen the hints,read where someone seen someone with a prototype.
So , the big question is when.
But, Kieth makes the GMP look incredible doesnt he. I just dont think I am anywhere at that level,lol. I watch his vids,remarkable. But, as I listen and he says its iron and the way the GMP sounds, I would dig and he walks away,lol. Man, I went thru that with the ETrac,took me a long time to finally figure out (and it was really easy all along, Im just thick headed) where or how I could make it fit for my detecting needs. I finally did and for me I use it strictly in town sites , old homes,parks,old school yards.
I need something more for my field hunts and the trouble there is iron but modern trash the farmers have dropped. Dunno if the GMP will work there, my very good hunting pal uses his Tejon with great success.
I have a F75se,tried the small coil numerous times, but I cant run the sensitivity all the way up as Ive read to do. Dont get me wrong, Ive found a lot of targets with the F75 but I want to learn what Kieth and Tom know.
I think Im gonna sell that F75 to finance a GMP,thinking.
HH,
John