Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I just picked up a T2 LTD this evening...

Posted by christopher-ohio 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I just picked up a T2 LTD this evening...
January 21, 2010 01:35AM
I figured it was time to see what I've been missing all along compared to my CZ's smiling smiley I'm going to take the time to really learn the machine and hopefully not look back. I mainly hunt old house and farm sites filled with iron trash. I've always done well in that stuff with the CZ's but it's always good to try something new...
Re: I just picked up a T2 LTD this evening...
January 21, 2010 04:17AM
I recently purchased a F75LTD. I am making myself "hang-up" the CZ until I can figure this monster out...I wont be needing the coil you pm/mailed me about. But I do REALLY appreciate you getting ahold of me to offer it. Thank-You! and Good-Luck...
Ruric,
January 22, 2010 02:05AM
Christopher & Ruric,

Hopefully..........there's enough tips on this forum to help you guys out.
January 22, 2010 05:46AM
Hello Christopher,
Let me know how you do with the T2.
Since you are a soon to be former CZ user, I'll be all ears for reports on the details.

Regards,
Grant
January 23, 2010 02:55AM
Christopher,

Start out 'MILD'.........and you are in for a surprize. Start out 'HOT' and you'll fatigue quickly.......and bail out.

I recommend a Disc of '21' and a Sens of 70.....for cutting teeth.

Although the F75 (especially the LTD) is quite a bit more powerful/sensitive, the T2 should invert an eyelid.
Thank you, Tom, great advice and most appreciated smiling smiley
January 23, 2010 04:06AM
I have an old homesite up the street that yielded some 40's silver coins, early 1900's IHs (along with an 1867) and a bunch of early wheats so we'll see what she can do. I thought I might start with the 5 inch coil. Disc 21, 70 sens, and how many tones-2+, 3, or 4 ?

I've used a C$, CZ-70 Pro, X-Terras 50/70, Explorer II, E-Trac, and CZ-3D there along with a few others so it's been "mined" pretty good.

Have a great weekend!

Chris
January 23, 2010 05:11AM
It is way faster so give your self time to understand the chatter.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Thank you, Tom, great advice and most appreciated smiling smiley
January 23, 2010 10:04AM
christopher-ohio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought I might start with
> the 5 inch coil. Disc 21, 70 sens, and how many
> tones-2+, 3, or 4 ?

Christopher the T2 LTD boost mode only works in 2-tones (the main reason I went for the F75 LTD instead of the T2 LTD).
Re: Thank you, Tom, great advice and most appreciated smiling smiley
January 23, 2010 11:49AM
Tone selection is your option; however, I would recommmend 4-tones at first......as the unit will give CZ-3D comfort-zone audio. I have virtually no reason to use 3-tones. And..........if it is true that the boost mode only works in 2-tones....... I would recommend trying 2-tones a bit later......as your comfort/confidence starts to build...with the unit. This may only take an hour.........or it may take a few hunts.
Remember: in 4-tone option........many of the older coins will report as the 3rd highest tone. ((( In 3-tone option; many older coins report as a mid-tone/trash-tone ))).
And also remember; In trashy areas......... a partially masked coin will bounce all over the audio & ID board.
I didn't know that...I guess I didn't do quite enough homework sad smiley I'm kind of wanting to move away from newer homesite and farm hunting into in the woods/fields early early site hunting. I have one site that I grew up right next to in the woods that is a cellar hole with a huge tree right down in the middle along with a stone barn foundation in the back. I dug lots of early medicines as a kid there...so that's really why I bought the T2.
January 23, 2010 06:08PM
For the kind of hunting your describing the T2 LTD in 2 tone boost should be perfect. IMHO the T2 LTD is much aimed at the relic hunter market then the coin shooter, of course you can run various tone options outside of boost mode for coin shooting if needed.

Good luck, looking forward to the posts of all the loot you find with it smiling smiley
January 23, 2010 10:59PM
I found the boost mode four tone 0 Disc to be a great coin hunter and very deep and you have to love the air gap. I would like to see Fisher make a real high end coin relic hunter like the LTD but maybe a way to run different freq for coins. The LTD is my all in one machine

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 24, 2010 02:54AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Christopher & Ruric,
>
> Hopefully..........there's enough tips on this
> forum to help you guys out.

Thank-you, Yes, I have learned alot from reading here.One of the things I'm not real confident with is the fastgrab ground-balance.Seems to change too much from spot to spot!?! I'm not sure how many times to pump the thing? sometimes it seems to push the sound into the ground at first, then, as I pump it more, it seems to change to pulling the sound out...I get confused and dont feel confident that it is truley balanced.... I've been running bp 2f tones,disc set around 50 and sensitivity about 80/85 digging repeatable signals for starters. Today, I pulled a 1791 Spanish reale{my first Spanish ever},1920 Standing Lib Quarter and a 1912 Barber Quarter,1907 IH penny and $1.31 in clad. Wasnt sure if I could post pic's on this site as It doesnt seem like a place to brag so I posted a link at the end of my post here.... I have tried numerous other settings and tones but got quickly frustrated. This set up will keep me going for now until I get the hang of it more. I'm sure I'm missing some/alot? but I can go back at a later time to most of my sites. I am amazed at the depth that the silver came from. I didnt measure but I know its WAY deeper than I've ever pulled any coin from previously with my other/older Fishers. I'm really starting to love this detector. At first ,I had my doubts. But they're going away for sure!
[i661.photobucket.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2010 03:07AM by M-scope.
January 25, 2010 01:56AM
Tremendous finds! ....As far as GB is concerned,,,,,if you are acquiring these coins at exceptionally deeper depths......you can't be too far off. It's always very important to verify that no target exists under the coil (in the ground) before you attempt to 'bob' the fast-grab coil. This can be performed by invoking pin-point with the coil in the air..........then lowering the coil to the ground and sweeping for the cleanest spot. ((( You may already know this ))).
Christopher,
Good luck with the T2.
I can't wait to hear the personal comparison of this unit versus the others that you've previously used.
I'm sure that there is a cache of Carson City Morgans or maybe a 22k diamond encrusted victorian broach just waiting to be found :-)
Please keep us updated.

Grant
January 26, 2010 12:21AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> I found the boost mode four tone 0 Disc to be a
> great coin hunter and very deep and you have to
> love the air gap.

That will only work on the F75 LTD, the T2 LTD can only run in 2-tone with boost mode :-(

Tom that is true, just check the manual. I didn't believe it at first, but Mike Scott and the manual confirmed it. If I lived back east and was a CW relic hunter it wouldn't be a problem, but I've been trying 2-tone in trashy parks and so far it's a mixed bag to me with so many targets, and having your eyes glued to the display to see what the VDI is. I'm going to try running my disc at 50 like M-Scope and see how that works out, as when I had it set to 60+ the audio was far too clipped/delayed like I pointed out in a previous post. Maybe M-Scope has found the perfect high conductor cherry picking setting (I'm hoping).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2010 12:25AM by Cal_cobra.
January 26, 2010 02:16AM
Sure.........keep us posted. I do not own a T2 LTD, , , so I'm only 'semi-versed' in the units operating config. - I need the extra depth of the F75 LTD for these boggy/soggy Everglades swamp-like Florida soil. It's not uncommon to find clad down to the 8" - 10" mark.
January 26, 2010 04:12AM
Believe it or not we also find clad at the 8" - 10" mark here too (very frustrating when you're sure you have silver and out pops a clad roosevelt), especially in sandy type places, which is were a lot of the old coins are in the bay area (san francisco for instance). I was comparing signals with an Explorer-Se one night at a park in oakland and we were getting clad dimes and jefferson nickels at 10" deep, yet in other areas of the park I was finding mercs at 6-7" deep.

Is it true that the F75 LTD is deeper then the T2 LTD? I see that the T2 stole the show at the GNRS this month.
January 27, 2010 12:26PM
I have performed head-to-head with F75 & T2...... but have not tested the T2 LTD; however, I'm quite certain the flagship F75 LTD should/would trump the T2 LTD.