Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

15x12 SEF for F75/F70 now in USA

Posted by gates21 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
15x12 SEF for F75/F70 now in USA
January 23, 2010 04:14AM
Just saw it on Kellyco's website.
[www.kellycodetectors.com]
I have not heard much about these. Any thoughts on the Ltd with the cache mode and this large coil?
Re: 15x12 SEF for F75/F70 now in USA
January 23, 2010 12:23PM
Interesting. I am always skeptical about aftermarket coils. I would be curious to know who the design engineer is of (specifically) the F70/75 SEF coil. Although coils are somewhat simple in design..................it is most always the design engineer of the specific metal detector that knows just exactly what coil design parameters (impedence, RC/RL network, resonant freq w/harmonics etc....) works best on his invention/detector. The best experience I have ever had/logged with aftermarket coils; was having a aftermarket coil nearly 'match' the performance of a comparable factory coil option. I have not had one exceed the performance of a factory/stock coil.
BUT..........one of these days..........it just may happen.

I have also observed: When a Mfr does not send a new widget out for a field-test.......there's usually a underlying reason; which, in turn, is one of my 'measuring gauges' of new product performance "confidence". ((( real-world testing being the 'finalization' ultimate test ))).
Jeb
January 23, 2010 12:44PM
I`ve known lads who`ve bought them for the F75 here in the UK . They reported ,NO noticable increase in depth noticed at all . Only better ground coverage .Oh! and besides upsetting the balance . Its like having a slab of concrete on the end of your detector.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2010 06:30PM by Jeb.
January 23, 2010 09:09PM
Better coverage would be great, but would you be trading off target separation as well?
I worry that having a coil that heavy would risk damaging the f75.

I did read a field test out of Europe and they stated pretty much the same as Jeb, no major depth gain but better coverage.
January 24, 2010 02:34AM
If both coils ascertain the same depth; I would most certainly opt for the smaller "target seperation" coil vs. the large "ground coverage" coil.
January 24, 2010 03:22AM
The F75 is a very light and balanced machine...to cover more area but not get more depth at the risk of stressing the design of the machine seems to not make sense. I think if that was what Fisher wanted to do they would have added a larger coil?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 24, 2010 03:16PM
Might be good for the beach, but can't imagine using it anywhere else.
January 24, 2010 05:56PM
Hi,, I'll take mine without anchovies....If I want to swing a pizza I will go to Pizza Hut and swing one right into my car....LOL....JJ