Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Back to the field site.

Posted by docbars 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Back to the field site.
December 27, 2013 10:00PM
Went back to the same site that I was at yesterday. Brought the F75 today. I manage to pull some coinage( Some not as old as I hoped) and a few more relics. The war nickel has some iron fused to it. It was laying with some square nails. I think with more time I should be able to pull a LC or 2 and maybe some seated silver too. The one button may be military, I have it soaking now
Corey

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2013 10:01PM by docbars.
Re: Back to the field site.
December 27, 2013 10:46PM
Great stuff Doc, thanks for sharing.
December 28, 2013 03:10AM
thanks for the post...Nice coin's

I like the way you show it all....very informative....most people just show the goodies...but a lot better picture can be painted by the whole hunt...

Thast the one thing I like to see trash and treasure...the trash says more than the goodies at times...But i know you dug some iron Too ...I hope!

Keith
December 28, 2013 03:42AM
Thanks guys.

Keith:
Yep I dug a ton of iron in these last two hunts.(I did take some pics of my pile of iron but just didn't post it) Sometimes it just sounds right or your gut tells you to dig. It helps me in reading the site,like age or where the house or barn sat ect..too. Plus I have pulled some good nonferrous targets out of the ground that sounded off as iron. So I'Am by habit a dig a lot kind of guy lol

Corey
December 28, 2013 04:41AM
Great hunt. I love them old coins. I dig alot of trash too. The best way to ID a target is to dig it up.
December 28, 2013 02:33PM
The pictures are great (and telling). You put so much focus on that War nickel. Personally......... I like the Indian's the best!
December 28, 2013 03:15PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The pictures are great (and telling). You put so
> much focus on that War nickel. Personally.........
> I like the Indian's the best!

I dig about 50 to 60 IH's a year and yes I would take them any day over any modern silver. the nickel gave me a tuff signal,I thought I was going to dig up another piece of square nail or piece of led.The F75 done a pretty good job at pulling that nickel for me.It gave me just enough info to dig and I was surprised to find it. Odd shaped pieces of lead mixed with iron gives a so similar sound and reaction.
Thanks
Corey
December 28, 2013 06:36PM
I like the pair of 1900s IHs.

Hope you dig some LCs and seated coins there.

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil
December 30, 2013 01:20PM
Corey,

Now I understand the 'challenge'...... and pride of that nickel better. Yes............ it's not the item......... it's the difficulty-to-success effort.