Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DFX vs CZ70 at the beach in North Carolina

Posted by kickback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
DFX vs CZ70 at the beach in North Carolina
January 25, 2010 01:44AM
I took both detectors to beach hunt today.I gridded off an area,setup both detectors.I hunted first with the CZ 70.I marked 6 targets.I rehunted it with the DFX.The DFX would not hit any of the targets.I changed sens. preamp etc.it still wouldn't hit any of the targets.I dug them all. One 4 oz lead sinker,2 nickels,3 quarters.All were deep in the wet sand.The DFX would ID them properly on the ground but it just doesn't have the depth in the wet salt sand.The CZ 70's performance in the wet sand just floored me.I know one quarter was at least 12 inches deep.The DFX had the 9 1/2 in concentric coil and the CZ the 8 inch stock coil.Come on Spring Breakers!!!!!!
Re: DFX vs CZ70 at the beach in North Carolina
January 25, 2010 02:00AM
I think this head-to-head comparison you performed.....just paid off!.......and will (now) continue to pay off when the beach traffic starts to pick up.
Re: DFX vs CZ70 at the beach in North Carolina
January 25, 2010 10:20AM
I've hunted right behind Whites and Garrett users on several occasions in dry sand over the damp stuff at the beach.
I've hunted over the coil sweep marks they've left in the sand at the beach.
I've picked up stuff that they missed. I've even had the users sometimes turn back to see what I'm digging and they are scratching their heads. It usually turns into the conversation of the Whites users stating something like "Now that's a really good machine you got there" or "Damn it, I gotta get my unit looked at" or simply "Herumph and walk away" I would attribute some of it to user error but not all of it.
I had a Tesoro user have me double check areas where he previously swept and I must have marked 10 - 12 targets in a 30 yard strip of a park area next to a running track. I thought the poor guy was going to fling his Tesoro into the street.

You mentions the great depth you were getting with the 8" coil on that CZ70, well.... get a 10.5" coil and use it in the less trashy areas, oh and get your full size garden shovel ready.

Grant