Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Garrett ATX threshold hum

Posted by wolfau 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Garrett ATX threshold hum
January 11, 2014 02:45PM
Hi guys, does anyone have a youtube video
With an example of ATX threshold hum.

Just wondering if threshold hum is very smooth
Or whether it wobbles up or down a little.

I think Garrett are onto something here for gold
Prospectors and beach hunters. Though its taken
12 or so years i think the sensitivy for small deep gold
Is where this unit will excel.

Joe from Aus
CZ3D, G2, Garrett Sea Hunter M2
Re: Garrett ATX threshold hum
January 11, 2014 06:00PM
Vey Smooth threshold Hum!!

its the same threshold as the infinium, but the EMI is out fo the way so it not got the warbble..

I know it is hot to smaller targets than the Infinium for sure...COIL DESIGN...

Is it hotter than the 5000 on small gold in depth in bad dirt??? rememebr the 5000 has timing's...

Maybe the prospectors will answer that after some time in the field..

Now what I do think is the Infinium ATX and TDI or in the same leauge....and I think the small gold capability of the ATX might be the best of those...

But yes the ATX has a nice smooth threshold and this will help on the small gold coupled with the new coil design...

its definelty a better designed machine than the infinium for smoothness...I dont want to say what it will do against a TDI...theres a lot of coil options there for tweaking..
And operator skill can go along way's to hearing what othere may not even with a 5000.. so that's my take..

I do think Garrett set there aim at the smaller gold with the ATX....

I like the Garrett's for Buttons.. they are very hot on brass if relic hunting is in your site's....Of the TDI or the ATX for buttons I grab a Garrett pulse...

I have been looking for a Pulse to add back to the arsenal..I really need one in some of my areas....

Minelab is out of reach for me ..the Garrett price point is about right and the targets im after in the relic fileds are button's in the bad dirt.. so the ATX is the strongestn that respect beteen the ones I can afford...And the iron check will help me alot in My Known sites coupled with the strength meter..

Yes I will most likely add a ATX to the Arsenal..It worth the investment it so seems for the price point Vs perfromance in the field...

Keith
January 11, 2014 09:24PM
My ATX has a threshold as solid as most VLF detectors and it is quieter in EMI than many. I have a TDI and a GPX 5000 and what the ATX has going for it is easy. As in easy to operate. I am not willing to say which in theory hits the smallest gold as I really do not know. Close enough I honestly do not care - I use a hot VLF for the tiny stuff. What the ATX I think does is make it easier for anybody to use it and find small gold with minimum knowledge. The TDI and GPX need very knowledgeable operators. A detector can't do well if you can't figure out how to make it do well, and the ATX makes it as easy as it can get with a PI detector. Virtually all the settings are push button automatic. The price is right.

Now if it only weighed three pounds less!
January 11, 2014 09:30PM
You guys rock.

Thsnk you both.

Steve i have slready your posts online.

Thanks Again

Joe

Joe from Aus
CZ3D, G2, Garrett Sea Hunter M2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2014 01:02AM by wolfau.