Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

4.5x7 excelrator coil, got the chance to use it today,

Posted by John 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
4.5x7 excelrator coil, got the chance to use it today,
January 13, 2014 02:48AM
at last, been busy,raining,cold,but today was nice.
Heard about an abandoned old school just up the road from a ghost town I like to hunt. Headed to the school this morning,upon arrivingl first thing I noticed, it aint old,lol. Maybe built in the late 50s early 60s. Got out and sort of looked for high traffic areas and started detecting. Started in Auto+3 and noticed the sensitivity showing 26,so I jumped to manual 30 and was able to hunt the entire time I was there in manual. Noticed after digging several pennies and couple clad dimes, the reporting numbers were a bit higher than usual, but I never really pay much attention to them, I like the audio. I hunted in conductive multi for a spell, then swapped to ferrous 4 tone. I hung around there for a couple hours,best finds were a couple wheaties,havent cleaned them so dunno the dates.
I then made the drive to my ghost town spot,had a new place to check out.
Made it out in the field, using TTF, starting in Auto+3. After several minutes of detecting notice my sensitivity readings stayed around 20, so I stayed in Auto+3. Lots of iron in spots, and the little coil really worked well with the ETrac,of course and from experience with the F75, Im sure a lot of little stuff was not being detected,But, although nothing of interest was found, I did find a 22 bullet and a spot with scattered lead shot of some sort,like for bird hunting and did find a couple buck shot, melted lead and assorted pieces ranging anywhere on the conductive scale up to around 33. Found one clad dime.
When I detected in these iron spots, I could work the signals and here the reports. If something of interest was close, I was able to work that signal. Dug a piece of melted lead with a piece of small rusted iron in the hole.
Hunted all day with an open screen, no disc. Think this one will stay on the Etrac most times.
Oh, my Killer Bees have developed a short. Anyone of you know how to get in contact with them???
Thanks,
John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2014 05:29AM by John.
Re: 5.3x7 excelrator coil, got the chance to use it today,
January 13, 2014 03:09AM
Are you sure you mean 5.3x7 Excelerator and not 4.5x7 Excelerator??

Never heard of the 5.3x7

No matter - if it's an excelerator and that small - I'm sure it's killer in the trash!
Re: 5.3x7 excelrator coil, got the chance to use it today,
January 13, 2014 03:32PM
I have one of the 4.5X7 coils for my MXT, and i use it most of all of the coils i have. I have a 5" coil and 5.3 coil, 8"coil, 9.5 coil, 10" coil 6X10dd coil. The one i use most it the 4.5x7 it just seams to go deep, hunt well in trash, dose good in iron, is lite on the end of the rod. If you have a chance to use one, it will become your all time coil. Flintstone
Re: 4.5x7 excelrator coil, got the chance to use it today,
January 13, 2014 05:06PM
Good luck with your new coil. You will find out that it loves small stuff, like lead shot, BB,s tiny pieces of corral bells ect...... It will hit on those deep buttons a lot better then the stock coil did. When you are in the iron and get a a partial hit, just wiggle over the spot to isolate it. You will be surprise what that coil will pull out of the iron sometimes.
GL
Corey