Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 LTD UNMASKING ??

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 LTD UNMASKING ??
January 30, 2010 12:55AM
Tom someone on findmall is claiming that when using the F75 LTD in boost (or CL) modes that the effective pattern of the search coil is expanded, therefore giving a larger footprint then the legacy modes.

I was thinking about that, and wondered if that's the case, if you were working heavy trash or iron, if one wouldn't be better off with a "thinner" profile coil pattern from say DE mode or PF mode then the new modes?

Any thoughts on this logic?

Thanks!
Brian
Re: F75 LTD UNMASKING ??
January 30, 2010 02:16AM
Brian,

This is covered in the thread on this 1st page, titled; F75 LTD Rcpt Ack with about 4000 hits/views.

Whilst in the 'cl' mode....... the coils EM footprint is not widened; rather, the amount of sampling is increased................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, which does give the illusion that the footprint is wider. In trashy areas......you do not want to use the 'cl' mode.
Re: F75 LTD UNMASKING ??
January 30, 2010 03:14AM
THE LTD REALLY CHANGES IN CL MODE IT IS SLOWER AND WORKS REALLY BAD IN A HIGHER TRASH AREA. I NEVER HAD A REAL PROBLEM IN BOOST MODE MYSELF

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!