Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

(((((((((-The Deeper The Keeper-)))))))))

Posted by jimmyjiver 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: (((((((((-The Deeper The Keeper-)))))))))
January 29, 2014 02:05PM
Your soil allows you to hear them deeper than NORM.. but there deep in all type soils....untill you hit a hard pan items keep sinking....

Keith
January 29, 2014 03:31PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Arthur the ones that dont chirp ore make any
> noise are the ones that get me excited the
> most....you have to cut the cake so to
> speak....the really deepies that are out of the
> disc range are sometimes the best...
>
> Cut enough of the plug out to see what kind of
> read you get...if it starts sounding good look out
> ...your in no man's land..thats usually the
> oldies...
>
> Keith

It's funny you mention that Keith. Years ago when I was using a1266 that's what I would do. I would get a really deep iffy signal. I'd cut the plug and would go back over it. If it was good the signal would get stronger if it was bad it would break up.
January 30, 2014 12:22AM
The Nautilus IIba has one of the sweetest deep coin tones on any detector I have used. One time I dug an Indian head penny at a hunted out picnic grove that was a solid 12'' deep with the 8''coil! It had this soft sweet disc. only tone that the deep targets have. I hear rumors they may come out with a lighter detector. If so I will be first in line as it is one of my top 3 favorite detectors that I have used.
January 30, 2014 01:04AM
Now the deepest I know of is the Shadow X5, but this is a pure audio machine. Hey, that's okay.
January 30, 2014 01:13AM
Harold Nautilus IIb probably one of the most conveying intuitive detectors ever built...

The future of Nautilus does not look promising though...

Mark I will say it one more time ...Dont know how Trot did it but the 19khz digs deepr silver in my dirt than any machine Ive ever witnessed...

I wish FT could crack the code for the high conductor love the X5 has and put it to use in the G2....they can Boost process the G2 but it still will have a difference in response between low conductors and High conductor's...The X5 loves all conductors equally well!

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2014 01:14AM by Keith Southern.
January 30, 2014 12:18PM
Like beach hunting.... many of these outragious depths are posted by new hunters who believe they dug 20 inches for a penny just because their hole ended up that large. Others are fish stories or wishful thinking. Do we dig an occasional deep target yes..... but do some come from the side of the hole or in an 8" scoop where the target was in the first inch of that scoop... yes. Not many of us use our PPer and remove a little soil and do exact measurements. At best ..... its a SWAG, but most of us agree things like soil, near targets, and location greatly affect how much depth we get out there.

Dew
January 30, 2014 03:01PM
Keith --

I recall way back, early on in the "Gold Bug Pro" release, that some early units were not so hot on silver, so the rumor went; but then, some "fix" was applied. This apparently was a great improvement in how these units responded to silver targets; I know my own v.4 GB Pro does a very respectable job, depth-wise, on a silver coin (it remains hotter on nickels and other lower conductors, but not by near as wide of a margin as was apparently the case early on). Whatever was done there (presuming that the rumored information here is indeed true), was a substantial improvement, and clearly had nothing to do with a change in frequency...as the unit has been 19kHz since its initial release...so -- as apparently Troy knew, it is "do-able..."

Now, WHATEVER "fix" was done, I'm not sure if that "fix" could be tweaked or adjusted even further, so as to approach or even exceed what you describe as the X-5's "affinity" for silver. But, if that COULD be done, that and an F75-like Boost process added to a Gold Bug/G2 would be eye-opening...

Do you think it's a "trade-off" -- i.e. if you "tweak" a machine of a given frequency to be hotter on silver, you lose some of the low-conductor performance? Or could both be accomplished simultaneously? Is the X-5 hot on low conductors AND silver, at the same time?

Steve