Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Eurotek Pro vs G2

Posted by fsdigital12 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Eurotek Pro vs G2
February 05, 2014 06:42PM
2 Questions

How does the Eurotek Pro do in iron sites (foundation/Cellars) vs the G2/GBP?

How does a Eurotek Pro do on Coppers/Dimes vs a G2/GBP. Which will go deeper?

I know the G2/GBP does better on lower conductors (higher KHZ) then a ETP.....]

Thanks
Re: Eurotek Pro vs G2
February 06, 2014 01:50AM
Never had a G2 but can tell you that the Eurotek Pro does well on low conductors. kHz had alot to do with it but not everything. A Tesoro Compadre is fantastic on low conductors and it is 12 kHz, circuitry has alot to do with it as well. I just got a Eurotek Pro with 8" concentric coil today and it hits well on jewelry that I tested on it.
February 06, 2014 02:05AM
I have a G2 and its dual processors make recover very fast in iron. Pulled an 1853 Seated Dime last Saturday at a nail laden site. Just took first nail I found and adjusted the discrimination just enough to make it crackle which made the break at 38 and this beauty was laying close but not under a group of nails. I was using the 11' stock coil. The main reason I have mine though is to look for gold chains at parks. While I haven't used the ETP I can't believe it would come close in a nail laden site. You would want a smaller coil than the stock one though for both. Hope this helps. JR
February 06, 2014 02:13AM
There's a reason a G2 cost what it does VS a Eurotek pro

depth is one thing it's better at and so is re-activity as well as separation by far (world class on the last 2)

don't let the "iron vol control" on the Eruotek fool you into thinking it's a better choice unless you don't care about the rest

just my .02
February 06, 2014 02:19AM
I have both...been using the G2 for 3 years. Tested both in a terrible iron nail bed. Eurotek beat my G2. My G2 was falsing bad on the small iron...Eurotek handled it better without as much falsing and having the ability to set the iron volume low reduced the audio fatigue. Pulled two keepers with the Euro...nothing with the G2. G2 beats the Euro sightly with speed...but not by much. G2 gets better depth...from what I have seen doing side by sides...about 1" to 1 &1/2".
February 06, 2014 06:48AM
G2 is a better machine in iron Vs the Eurotek...

Keith
February 06, 2014 01:44PM
G2 also has many more coil options and with the 13" Ultimate there is no comparison. Sekypaleo has many posts as to the depth and speed of the G2 on this forum as well as other forums with the 13" coil. No iron fatigue here the way I set my discrimination. I'm a coin hunter so I only dig iron to remove it from masking other finds. Cutting the iron volume down is a nice option but I believe in a short time you will sell the ETP wondering if you missed anything because of lack of depth and coil options. If money is the concern pick up a used G2.
February 06, 2014 03:30PM
You can use all of the Greek coils on the ETP.
February 06, 2014 03:34PM
Agreed on the coils, there's plenty of choices for the Eurotek, from First Texas and aftermarket mannufacturers.
February 06, 2014 04:59PM
As I mentioned I have never used a G2 but I do alot of reading and reviewing on the forums,etc. and see people mention that the G2 is not a very deep detector but you folks here are saying it is deeper than the Eurotek. If so I would say the G2 is a pretty deep seeker as I find the Eurotek as deep or deeper anything I have used. I haven't used high end (big $$$) detectors but have used my share of mid to lower end detectors.
February 06, 2014 05:47PM
Hi,,The operator makes the machine what it is....But the machine can't make the operator what he or she is or will be....Dollar For Dollar Vs Success = the Eurotek Pro would serve you well with the edge going to the G2 in the flexibility department....JJ
February 06, 2014 06:24PM
Again, I have hundreds of hours on the G2...have used on it, the 5" DD, stock 11" and 13" Ultimate. IMHO there is no better detector for relics that I have used with over 30 years of hunting. The G2 is a deeper machine than people believe. With stock 11" coil in my ground (mild to slightly moderate) the max I can pull a standard 58 cal minie ball (sorry, I am a relic hunter not a coin hunter so that is my average target) is 9-10"...with Ultimate coil I can get another 1-2". I bought the Eurotek pro as a back-up machine and for by my dad to use. My dad and I hunted side by side in a pasture, both with stock 11" coils and the Eurotek could not get the deeper bullets at 9-10" range...slightly less yes. BUT the Euro really surprised me in the nail bed, because as I said the G2 was falsing badly on small iron, whereas the Euro handled it better AND it is a big advantage being able to reduce the iron volume down. It boils down to this...some people will stubbornly stick with the mindset that "if it costs much less than a G2 , then performance wise it cannot hang with it" well, that's not quite true...it comes quite close. Heck, I LOVE MY G2, but I will give kudos to the Eurotek as a very capable machine, and I actually prefer it in super nail/iron infested spots. If you are not doing side by side, then you don't know.
February 06, 2014 07:44PM
The G2 is great in iron as long as it isn't round like a rusty bottlecap or flat washer they make the G2 scream dig me. For the price the ETP has a lot of bang for the buck and it will be my next trial machine.
February 06, 2014 08:47PM
The lower khz of the Euro makes it a bit "dumb" to small iron and rust flakes. There is some programming behind the scenes that seems to make it smoother and hotter on and around low conductors than it's greek cousins. A lot of machine for the money.
February 06, 2014 10:44PM
There in lies the hinderance with the Eurotek...

Sure it runs quite and I.D.s iron better and that is where it will dampen it...if a machine does not have enough NOISE/SPARK/REACTIVITY it will leave target's in tight iron..

I was dissapointed with the Eurotek pro in my trials with it...but I took it to spots already hunted hard...Im sure if its used in spots thatare FRESHER finds can and will be made...but in sites that are really worked on it takes different machines and to be honest I dont think I found one shot gun hull target in my iron spots..did find some weird iron objects but meager to non on the non ferrous was pulled out of my pounded spots with the machine...

I know people want cheap reliable performance and the Eurotek does offers alot for the price...I like it better than an Ace 350....But in no way will it unlock iron like the G2...it does not have the right feature set....the first thing you should pay attention to is the iron tone break is factory set..the tone you move is the mid to high...The gain is not turned up on the machine either.it does not dispaly the depth of even the G2 or Omega....

For the money in that freq I would find a used Omega for about 350.00 If I wanted performance in the 7.8kHz freq ...

The G2 is FT's best site machine Right now for the first 5 inches in iron...I like it better than a T2 in the upper stuff..but the deeper stuff the T2 with small coil takes the lead..

The new to come G2 should offer the things we want ...

But the Eurotek Pro is good for the money if your not trying to rejuvinate a site...again nicer than the Ace 350...

Keith
February 06, 2014 10:51PM
I found the Eurotek to have the same depth in air or in ground as the Omega up to max sensitivity coil for coil. However, the omega's ground balance and threshold increase gave it an extra inch in disc and 1.5 inch in all metal. If I'm working fast or very mobile in woods exploring, I choose euro. If I'm working a site slower v3i is unleashed. I miss my omega, but the euro was so close I felt no reason to keep it.
February 06, 2014 10:59PM
Maybe I had a Bad Eurotek it was no where near the Omega I have..

Keith
February 07, 2014 01:19AM
Hi,,,.If you have dealer near you go and try them both, then make a decision....If not, then just buy & try one or the other out, you won't loose a ton on a quick turn around anyways....JJ
February 07, 2014 01:54AM
Keith Southern Wrote: "The new to come G2 should offer the things we want ... ". What news do you have about a new G2?

Wasn't aware of the coil choices for ETP. For the money sounds like its a great backup.

>

>
>
February 07, 2014 01:47PM
I'm primarily a coin hunter (silvers/coppers). I know the 19khz is more suited for gold/lower conductors. How would they both stack up when hunting cellars/foundations for coins?
February 07, 2014 02:11PM
The G2 would be a little better hunting in those areas just because of the amount of ferrous trash you encounter, but the Euro MIGHT be better for the coins due to its lower frequency. The only feedback I can give you on a G2 for coins (as I only hunt relics and coin finds are a by product of this), is the best coin I found was a seated half dime at 7"...this was in mild ground (GB at 60) and the signal was very faint and alternated with iron grunts about every 4th sweep across it. Another 1" down and the coin would not have been detected at all or would have been just iron signals. Perhaps somebody with more experience coin hunting with the Euro can chime in on it.
June 27, 2014 12:37AM
I just received my ETP this afternoon. I'll post some test results tomorrow VS Troy X5 and Deus, the two best detectors I've owned.
June 27, 2014 12:17PM
shovelnose, according to a UK dealer, the new G2 will have boost.
July 02, 2014 12:58PM
A G2 with boost? I can't wait. That should a deep machine.
July 02, 2014 01:24PM
On Teknetics website several months ago they asked what people would like to see in a new G2...the most common requests were ...waterproof, iron audio of Eurotek and boost. They replied that boost would be very difficult because of the platform the G2 is built on. Take it for what its worth. I am not an electrical engineer, just an electrical technical trainer, but I can't understand why they can't give us just a little more on the sensitivity setting. Unless I am hunting in dense iron, I never have to back off sensitivity from full on and she runs butter smooth. Give the machine the ability to turn it up into instability...or sizzle as Keith might put it. Kinda like the Tesoro umax's where they put the red band at the top end of the sensitivity knob.
July 02, 2014 08:26PM
Interesting how folks ask for 'sizzle'............... then complain about EMI/Instability!!!!!! ..... then beg for 'stable/quiet'.
July 02, 2014 08:48PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting how folks ask for
> 'sizzle'............... then complain about
> EMI/Instability!!!!!! ..... then beg for
> 'stable/quiet'.

I was thinking the same thing Tom, I myself prefer stable and quiet. That's the main reason I've stayed away from the F-75 and T-2 and Omega.
July 03, 2014 03:48AM
You can manually balance the G2 and the Eurotekpro, is auto balance? That along would sell me on the G2.

I would just go get a F 75 and be done with it. It is an awesome machine in those cellar holes.
Corey
July 03, 2014 05:20AM
Not auto balance but factory preset to ferrite..

Yes i like a sparky machine for sure..never want to feel like your leaving some on the table so to speak..

funny thing about EMI NOISE..I'd you have a powerful machine that can run at 80 or so gain before EMI takes hold then you know there's a hindrance in the air and can combat it..

if you run 100 gain EMI free ...you may not really be EMI free..

i like to be unstable have sizzle and also know when EMI is in effect too.

more hunt info..

Keith
July 03, 2014 11:23AM
The G2 is too quiet, as I said the ability to bump that sensitivity up a bit just into a bit of instability/noise in certain environments. Keith...a good way you described it...so you know you are leaving nothing on the table.