Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Coin hunting with the LTD in cache mode?

Posted by gates21 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Coin hunting with the LTD in cache mode?
February 08, 2010 04:47AM
I posted this on a different forum and got little response. Air tests are showing a good depth gain on a single coin in cache mode. Understanding that the recovery speed will be slower, is this feasible? Has anyone tried in the field with any success?
Re: Coin hunting with the LTD in cache mode?
February 08, 2010 08:12AM
I have tried the cache mode at parks a few times, but did not recover any coins (and in the same spots did not with boost mode either, so there probably just wasn't anything to be found).

I had an interesting conversation with another F75 LTD user that seems to think using cache mode with the 5" DD would be killer at getting deep coins in parks.
February 09, 2010 02:19AM
The F75 LTD 'cl' mode is exceptionally slow, the deepest set-up config...... works well at finding coins......but.......can only be used in clean/clear (minimum trash) locations.
Now, , , there is a catch. The 'bp' & 'cl' modes will still find coins at the same depth with one exception; the 'cl' mode gives a much greater coil-above-ground air-gap forgiveness factor. An attribute in tall grass..... or lumpy soil conditions.
February 10, 2010 03:28AM
how is the cl mode deeper what makes this possible ?iss it good for relic hunting if area is clear
February 11, 2010 01:28AM
It's a electronic 'sample-rate' that's giving extra depth. For open-field relic hunting.....it's very good......assuming area is NOT trashy.
February 12, 2010 09:44PM
is it gonna be deeper than bp mode if you can get head on the ground or will it be the same
February 12, 2010 11:49PM
Larger targets (silver dollar size) can be detected a bit deeper. Dime/penny sized targets of high conductivity.......the depth is about the same......except for a larger air-gap above the ground. You may experience greater depths on pencil-eraser sized targets of lower conductivity.