Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Short trial of AKA Signum

Posted by ronin12524 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Short trial of AKA Signum
March 20, 2014 09:37PM
Finally the weather cooperated, the snow melted, and I had a couple of hours of free time. Went to my local field that was farm land many years ago.

I dug a hole and put a silver dime 14 inches deep and covered it up and tamped down the earth. I used the 14 kHz DD coil. The GB came out to -4 which I guess is fairly neutral. I tried each default program 1 being the least aggressive, program 2 for trashy area, program 3 is the normal one to use 3, and program 4 is turbo. The Signum hit solid in each program with consistant 83 vdi. Next time I'll have to dig a deeper hole 16 inches I think.

As far as GB is concerned when it is correct the Signum is very quiet.

I am very impressed with the depth. Maybe tomorrow I'll hit one of the places I've been researching.
Re: Short trial of AKA Signum
March 21, 2014 12:57AM
What size coil were you using? How mineralized is your soil? Its a beast!
March 21, 2014 01:01AM
Did you make sure the area you planted the 16" dime was sanitized of all metal before puting it in the ground ? If so I would love to have a Signum with equal performance . Man digging dimes at 16" would be a lot of work at some sites though ....
March 21, 2014 01:22AM
Possum Mo I used the 3 frequency 9.5 x 12.5 coil. And I believe the soil was not mineralized or very little. The gb on the signum said negative 4.

Silverhound I hit the dime at 14 inches, and not 16. Sorry for the confusion. The next time I do the test I will dig deeper.
March 21, 2014 01:52AM
Thanks for any info you can post on this machine as I have been seriously considering buying one . Just hate to order from overseas . Sorry about mis-reading your posted depth but 14" is still very deep in my book .
March 21, 2014 07:24AM
Thanks for the report, especially the mention of the GB Phase number. Mine is usually around 23 ish and I run it 1 or 2 points negative.
I think with my ground being a bit more mineralized I won't hit dimes at 14" and I'm in Germany! (But have found 2 silver dimes here - the only dimes I've found! lol )

One of the Signum guys said my GB was low mineralization but that just can't be true judging by both your number and how my past machines (especially the V3i) could not get depth beyond 7"-8" in my soil.
E-Trac/CTX found down to 9" or so.

Albert
March 21, 2014 08:55AM
Silverhound I ordered directly from Moscow and it made it to the USA in a day or two, and then customs took several days it arrived in great shape. I wont hesitate to order from them again. Just make sure the face plate is in English. Mine is in Russian which is no big deal since I can read basic Russian, and I was told in advance that is the way it would be delivered.

One thing I didn't mention, in the area I tested usually my F75 has a lot of EMI , when I had the Signum's coil facing towards the homes nearby I could hear the interference however when the coil was facing towards the ground I had none.
March 21, 2014 08:57AM
That detecting data-sensitivity and depth are normally corresponding to capabilities of Signum.And,they could be even more if a soil allows because of not so mineralised.Very important thing,ronin12524 stressed-proper made GB option.
For members,who probably consider to buy from overseas,look through this site and several other sites,where a number of users from different countries made deals with AKA and no negatives at all.
I am here if any requests to buy detectors from AKA Moscow.
March 21, 2014 11:19PM
Thanks Igor. As we say here in the US,.... You the Man.
March 26, 2014 10:37PM
I had the opportunity to go out today for a couple of hours. The temperature was 32 degrees with a gusty wind, still not the best day to go out and hunt. But the snow is gone in the lowlands and the ground is not frozen. Went to a local park that connects to a school field.

The Signum performed great! Im very happy with the Signum. It was easy to hear good signals and any signal that I was unsure of I'd hit the S algorithm and it would demonstrate on the hodograph that it wasn't worth digging. I found the Signum an easy detector to use with the preprogrammed search settings. I used number 3 which is the normal mode. No exciting finds, 3 dimes the oldest 1965, several pennies one very green and toasted I'm guessing it's a wheaty, and 3 quarters the oldest being a 96 clad, and a couple of modern nickels.
March 27, 2014 02:08AM
Wonder how the Signum would do on positive wet saltwater beach sand - depth, stability, corrosive salts? How is the disc when dealing with trash, lead sinkers/bullets, and pull-tabs, where it needs to differentiate them from rings/coins at depth?
March 27, 2014 12:40PM
Here is no chance to test AKAs on beaches near Moscow,but I will put a link from the most treasuring site in Russia concerning this point.Probably,using google you will find something interesting in that case or discussing it further.
[www.reviewdetector.ru]