Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

GB Pro or G2

Posted by Pac man 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
GB Pro or G2
April 08, 2014 11:48AM
Other than the obvious are there any difference between the two. There is a dealer that says the GB has dual processors and the G2 does not. Anything to that and if so what difference does it make?

The G2 is a little higher priced i assume because of design difference shaft/screen or is there somthing else.I had a GBPro once and wish i kept it. The only thing i did not like about its design was where the coil cable attached to the back. Seemed a little week and being to the side i always worried about it getting damaged would have prefered it to attach directly above the shaft. I guess more of a personal thing.

How would you guys rate the build quality between the two?

Thanks guys
Pac Man

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2014 11:49AM by Pac man.
Re: GB Pro or G2
April 08, 2014 01:34PM
The G2 is dual processor also..

Both machines have same board.

I sort of like the pistol grip myself...

but the GB is more rigid on the s pole but also if using a large coil it can pull on your wrist compared to the G2..

There both the same though ..There could be slight software tweak on the G2 for an affinity to round objects over the GB but not certain on that..I read that off a couple of European sites but then again could be a sales pitch..

but me personally can't tell a difference between the 2..other than from version numbers..but a 4 GB or G2 4 version are the same to me...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2014 01:56PM by Keith Southern.
April 08, 2014 01:42PM
Don't know why a dealer would tell you that.---They both certainly have dual processors (GB Pro & G2).-----The control box on the G2 (where it mounts on the handle) is a little more "flimsy" (IMO) than the shaft mounted one on the GB Pro.----Also, something to keep in mind should you want to say water hunt, etc.----you can remove the control box on the GB Pro & chest mount it (if your coil cable is long enough such as on the 5 X 10" coil) whereas you cannot on the G2.-----Other than that, they are the same---only difference is the shaft configuration----uhh, that & the price tag! grin
April 08, 2014 03:20PM
If the dealer told you that I don't know if I would trust him

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!