Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Eliptical coil for CZ... I have seen one

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Eliptical coil for CZ... I have seen one
April 24, 2014 05:59PM
I receintly saw a coil which is oliptical for a CZ. I think ony 5 was produced. John who is a dealer in Robinson Il. has it. Cant remeber what he goes by on this forum but he is here. Dan in pa might already know about this coil. Does or has anyone else ever seen or heard of this coil... john chime in here and maybe even post a picture......JMT detectors has the coil

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2014 06:12PM by sonny(IN).
Re: Eliptical coil for CZ... I have seen one
April 24, 2014 10:15PM
I saw them before on Finds when I was trying to get a FZ-12...

[www.findmall.com]
April 24, 2014 10:18PM
Forgot to mention when I messaged the guy about buying one of his rare coils I got this reply:

Lipservice
Thanks for replying to my post on the forum. I have found a FZ-12 but I am curios about your (Prototype) 6 x 10 Eliptical. What exactly is it?
What wouold you be selling it for?
Thanks,
Terry

Terry,

The 6 x 10 is actually a 5 x 10, my mistake. Prototype is an experimental coil made by Fisher. It looks just like a Fisher GoldStrike Coil, (eliptical) football shaped. This is a very rare coil, as Fisher only made four to test. The one I have is number (2) of (4). It works very well, I call it: "my collector's edition". I used it around the house in my test garden and it separates very well. It works better on my CZ-3D in inhanced mode than my CZ-70 Pro. Some nickels would read foil on the CZ-70 Pro.

I am asking $200 shipped. It's in excellent condition.

Thanks,
Ken
April 25, 2014 10:04AM
Yes, that was the same person I purchased the Sunray FZ-12 from, which lead me to later to purchase the prototype 5" x 10" coil. He gave me much of the same information and told me it id'd very well on the CZ-3D. I didn't know the information on the CZ-70. I believe he was or is a member on this website but not sure what name he goes by on here. The coil is an interesting piece of Fisher history...John
April 25, 2014 10:09AM
Does it work well? Is it a double D?
April 25, 2014 01:00PM
Out of the loop on this one as never heard of it and understand double D's cannot be made for a CZ. Heck even Kellyco doesn't advertise any and they have a bunch of aftermarket coils for various units. Certainly feasible as prototypes are made and tested by most companies..
April 25, 2014 01:15PM
There's no reason why a DD can't be made for the CZ, and no reason why it wouldn't work...however from comments in the numerous previous threads on here, and other forums, it seems the ID ability is compromised on the CZ range. I don't recall reading any details, but my guess is it only works well when the coil is exactly above the target, if you sweep 'off-centre', the ID will be in error. Another possibility is it doesn't work on a wet salt-beach.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2014 01:26PM by Pimento.