Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Bullets and a Wheat Cent

Posted by dgc 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
dgc
Bullets and a Wheat Cent
February 20, 2010 02:19AM
Got out this afternoon with my F75 LTD. Hunted a Union campsite I have been hunting for years with my old 1265X. There was a particularly trashy part of the campsite I tried to hunt several times but always gave up due to the extreme iron and rusty nail burden in the ground. This trashy ground was due to an old house that had been built over a portion of the campsite in the early 1900s. Well today I tried that trashy ground again with my F75 LTD. Got 7 nice bullets (including a 69 caliber), a badly corroded wheat cent that appears to be dated 1915, and the back half of a cuff button (bummer).

The separation and quick recovery performance of the LTD allowed me to hear these non-ferrous targets amidst an extreme trash burden. None one of these targets had a good 4 way repeat in the ground. Best I could get was 2 way and then only with a very narrow sweep width. The F75 LTD was loud on all of them so I new there was non-ferrous metal in the ground. Amazing that I could hear the wheat cent, the cuff button and that small pistol bullet in that trashy ground.

I watched Tom's video for the 3rd time last night. My hunting situation today on all these finds was very similar to the 3 way masking situation he demonstrated.

I used the stock 11x7 DD coil in bP mode, sens 70, disc 0, 2f tones. I'll be going back with the 5" DD.

Re: Bullets and a Wheat Cent
February 20, 2010 03:00AM
Very nice. Sounds like the doors have re-opened for you..... with your new LTD.