Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Blisstool (THE BEAST)

Posted by Old California 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Blisstool (THE BEAST)
May 23, 2014 05:53PM
After seeing a local friend use his Blisstool at an old site sure impressed me, That's what took me to pull the trigger with getting a demo model and now have the v5 ordered.

Being new to Blisstool, Got to admit its a tough machine to learn but after a few local school hunts getting more comfortable with the settings. Hopefully before hitting old dirt will be dialed in well at least have the Bliss settings set as close to what the ground allows.

Currently have the v3, The latest model before they started adding on the (THE BEAST) decals. So added my own decals and went with a different rod setup, Actually works well so this shaft setup you see in the pics below will be for the v5 when it arrives. Also, This morning fabricated a lower housing protector stand keeping the housing off the ground works pretty neat.

Well, Wish I could be posting finds instead but won't be long the Bliss will be on old dirt.

Paul (Ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2014 05:55PM by Old California.
Re: Blisstool (THE BEAST)
May 23, 2014 06:04PM
Thou hast made an unholy alliance of "the Beast" and thy Deus! Who knows what such a monstrosity shall produce? Beware a plague of pull tabs or maybe filthy lucre- ye tread on mysterious soil!
I am looking forward to seeing pictures! Right now I gotta run its soon to be low tide!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
May 23, 2014 06:51PM
Looks great Paul. Is that the rod assembly from the Goldmaxx Power?

I'Back in San Diego . Should be home tomorrow.

Can't wait to see how you do with the new Beast.
May 23, 2014 08:41PM
Thanks Pastor Tom, These XP shafts are great kind of sporty looking.

Noticed you sport an HH Pi and Deus, two good models for your area. I use the HH Pi for fresh water and Santa Monica beach, the deus for serious relic hunting.

Hey El, Yup the shaft on the Bliss is off the GMP. Figured the Deus can hold the GMP housing and just swap coil & shafts in seconds switching from one to the other.

Let's get together this weekend if possible, hit some old dirt with our Deus and try out the Bliss tool.

Thanks again Tom and El winking smiley
Paul
May 23, 2014 08:47PM
Nice setup Paul..

Funny thing about modding...

We take stuff off one machine and then put it on another machine...

I do it alot...

I get a detector and think to myself I dont like that rod on this machine...so I put another one on or make one or something ...But then I find a machine later and I put the rod on it I did not like on the machine it came on...But this time I like it.????

I think more or less its the craving to mod more than the neccesity that drives us to do what we do,,,LOL!!

Again Nice Mod Paul..

I just bought an old school hipmount rod for the blue box whites 6000 ..you know the one with the welded on pistol grip...man what a sweet pole...now im just itching to put it on something...LOL!!!

cant beat it for .99 cent's neither..Ive found these are excellent mod rod's...

Keith
May 24, 2014 06:39AM
Thanks Keith,

Yeah, Those Whites rods are great for mods. Have a couple of them here somewhere have used these before. One of them has the blue plastic arm-rest attached kind of a half size armrest not the full size type, You scored pretty darn good for 99 cents on the shaft.

Speaking of the older blue box Whites 6000, That's about the time when whites machines took off with great performance and smooth threshold in disc mode. Once set it stayed there no drifting after that Whites went with the black box always improving thereafter, Solid machines for sure.

Good luck with the Whites mod smiling smiley

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)
May 24, 2014 09:20PM
Yes Paul that one had the half moon armerest...

pYes the Blue box 6000 Di's were game changers for sure..

still to this day they can make some deep silver finds..

I rememeber a few years back My buddy got one out of a Pawn shop and was having a blast form the past fun hunts with it..

Well believe it or not he was trying to ground balance it and it would not so He moved ovr a few feet and balanced it then checked the spot he was having trouble in and it was a Confederate C.S. oval buckle about 3 inches deep LOL!!!

You never Know...50.00 buck machine finds a 5000.00 dollar prize !!

Keith