Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta FORS CoRe Detector

Posted by Hungarian 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta FORS CoRe Detector
May 29, 2014 11:55PM
Saw this detector over at Kellyco's website for pre-order. Interesting that it has dual screens with a small id screen in the handle. I am looking at the features in the manual and watching the videos. Seems like it is a progression of the velox one detector. I think Keith had a velox one but didn't like it for his type of hunting. Guy on another forum knows a dealer who has one and the dealer says it runs like a teknetics t2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2014 12:00AM by Hungarian.
Re: Nokta FORS CoRe Detector
May 30, 2014 01:11AM
Ill be truthful with you on the velox machine I had.they copied a GMP to make the Velox One...but they really missed the boat..

Im sure if the new ones like the T2 ..I would just get the T2..

I think the company just copys other best sellers...

Keith
May 30, 2014 07:43PM
There's a bit of feedback on the U.K forum I use. And the guy who runs the forum, Mike, has one. He's planning on giving it a first try this weekend.
[www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk]
September 08, 2014 11:54PM
I picked up a Nokta Fors Core last week after a few days of dickering. I really like this machine. It has the speed of a GMP and the depth of the CTX. The unit I have runs very quiet. I was at a playground with power lines along the edge of the field. I was able to run 95% sensitivity. Still was very quiet. I did start to see some false signals above 90% but it was easy to understand. I found 3 wheat penny's at 7, 9 and 10.5 inches. 1935, 1935S, 1945.
This was in 30 minutes. I did dig some trash but I knew it was borderline signals. Like the Minelabs, it did not air test very well, but in dirt it is a different story. I may have to send it down to Keith to put it to the real test, but that may be a few days. I am still having fun. One note: the depth indicator is in centimeters, this takes a extra second to think about......

FORS CoRe PRO PACK TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Operating Principle : VLF Induction Balance
Operating Frequency : 15 KHz (+/- 100 Hz bandwidth)
Metal Identification : Motion, multi-derivative
Search Modes : 4 (General / Discrimination 2 & 3 / Conductive Ground)
Audio Frequencies : 5
Audio Discrimination : 3 tones
Ground Balance : Auto and Manual
Ground Tracking : Yes
Pinpoint : Yes
Frequency Shift : Yes
Vibration : Yes
Sensitiviy Range : 1-99
Target ID Range : 0-99
Search Coil (s) : 11.2"x7.0" Waterproof DD Coil, 5.2x4.7" coil, 15.5x13.3" coil
Weight : 1.8 kg (3.9 lbs.) including batteries and search coil
Length : 125-150 cm (4'2"-5') extendable
Battery : 4 AA Alkaline
Warranty : 2 years

Tom in SC
September 10, 2014 09:16PM
love the handle design and vibration feature!!!!!!!!!!! i dont like the way the electronics are housed.

chuck.
September 10, 2014 11:21PM
I have a Nokta FORS Gold on the way. Not much difference between it and the Core from what I can see. Just the preset search modes?