Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How many batteries does the Fisher F-19 use????

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How many batteries does the Fisher F-19 use????
July 18, 2014 04:47PM
With my G2's, I got poor mileage out of the one 9v battery that it used. I could hunt two good hunts (several hours each) and need a new battery. The F19 appears to be set up for one 9v battery.......PLUS has a backlight. This makes me wonder if it will run through batteries. I am growing interested in this unit. I hope that it has the battery mileage of the F75SE.
Re: How many batteries does the Fisher F-19 use????
July 18, 2014 05:06PM
It's a pity that the F19's user manual isn't on the Fisherlabs website (I've just checked, again). I'm sure there are lots of potential customers with questions, ones the manual would likely answer. Regarding the backlight, it is user-adjustable from OFF to FULL-ON in 5 steps, so presumably if you're hunting in daylight, you will have it set OFF, and the extra battery drain will be zero.
There are higher capacity NiMH rechargeable PP3's around if battery life is an issue. I think it's good sense to have a second battery anyway, then if you accidentally forget to charge one, the other is there ready. And maybe keep a non-rechargeable with you for when everything goes amiss...
July 18, 2014 06:19PM
Kevin, It runs on one 9 volt battery. I think battery life is going to be compatible with the GBP/G2, depending on how much you run the pinpoint and backlight, probably something between 8 to 12 hours.

Pimento is correct about the backlight, it is normally off unless you turn it on, and it is not needed at all during the day.

I want to get another battery into play before a I give an average life expectancy.

HH
Mike
July 18, 2014 06:22PM
I can't help but wonder if the f19 is really nothing but a new name for a blend of machines they already produce...don't think i'll need one
July 18, 2014 06:29PM
The F75's battery life has spoiled us.
July 18, 2014 06:42PM
Since the single battery of my GBP last far longer than the 2 in my HHPI, I am not unhappy with it at all. I am not happy that the cost of batteries seems to have doubled since I took up hunting 4 years ago. I carry a pocket full of rechargeable 9s and don't buy alkies at all anymore. The f19 should have LED light and very little drain, but some. All detectors are much the same while different so I have many. As to the f19 it is a decision for everyone as to the need to buy based on what you have vs what you want divided by what you can afford. It has some features never before offered and I'll wager some small improvements over previous models. I am grateful we live in a free society and can choose to buy what ever we want bad enough to get past our wives. I am not considering the f19 as I just picked up my 3rd Excal. The only thing that saves me is they all look to her!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
July 18, 2014 06:47PM
Some added thoughts (mere speculations): I can get a used G2 for about 460 or thereabouts. The F19......for a couple hunnered more.......broadly speaking. I have the cash to buy the F19. But if all I am getting is a backlight (which I don't need) and the ability to have disc separate from VCO......I cannot understand how spending two hundred dollars more will benefit me. But something deep inside (my obsessive, compulsiveness, no doubt) wants me to go ahead and get an F19. Fellow forum members........PLEASE.......be VERY grateful that you don't have my brain inside your skull calling all the shots. Everyday is a new adventure. lol
July 18, 2014 10:42PM
Kevin go ahead and get one. One never knows how he will bond with a metal detector, and maybe this is the "one and only one" for you.
July 19, 2014 03:47PM
They can add as many new toys to a detector as they see fit but if they don't really do more then what you have then keep your machine.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!