Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Super tuned CZ5's...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Super tuned CZ5's...
February 28, 2010 04:05PM
Was rumor going around several years ago that some super tuned CZ5's were being sent out by Los Banos...I think I have one as it will airtest a silver dime at 12 inches with sens. at 6 where my unit is usually stable..Have hit areas where I went to 7 or 8 but never could run one at 9 or 10 and still keep a stable unit..Remember when ground balancing keep the sens. and Vol at 10 so you can hear the audio changes for a tight ground balance(bobbing method). After groundbalancing move your sens to where unit is stable and of course vol at 10 to hear deepies and 4-5 if you want a modulated effect( shallow loud- deep soft...20 inches of snow in the backyard so ought to be a wet Spring..
Re: Super tuned CZ5's...
March 01, 2010 06:38PM
WANNA SELLIT IF IT WILL DO THAT!
March 01, 2010 09:03PM
Nope afraid not as it will go as deep or deeper than any CZ I ever owned and have used every model..
March 02, 2010 12:07AM
In 1999, all of us sitting around the conference room round-table at FRL Los Banos......heavy emphasis was placed on 'exceptional' QC with the CZ's (in particular; the Quad-Drivers) that would 'push the envelope' IRT depth performance.............as the imminent/near-future would pose 'potential' competition; namely Minelab was rumored to be coming out with a unit called "Explorer". From this point forward.........the CZ's had a little bit more 'attention-to-detail' imposed upon them; subsequently, slightly better performance.....and with more unit-to-unit consistency.
March 02, 2010 01:33AM
I knew I should have jumped on that one! But before I could Dan the man got it!
CZ-5's
March 02, 2010 02:46AM
Another reason to smile smiling smiley

Thanks Tom -

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
Re: CZ-5's
March 02, 2010 10:19AM
............and WITH the release of the so-called "Explorer" in Jan 2000, sure enough, it had accolades that would trump the CZ's....but in somewhat limited capacities. None-the-less.......this is what sparked the 'band-aid'; The CZ-70. There were a few things the Explorer could do.....that the CZ could not do. So, the CZ-70 was created....and corrected most of the competition issues. This was one of the first times ever ...when Fisher was playing catch-up to the industry-lead position.
March 03, 2010 04:24AM
Fantastic! This past week just finished reading all 36 pages of this site and this is my first post.

I lost my CZ-5 to the metal detector gods about five years ago and it was a special one. Have yet to find a CZ keeper for replacement. But there is hope as I see there could be others that exist. And not to mention the Los Banos CZ-3D's. Lead me to one. I have dirt to dig!
March 04, 2010 01:41AM
You must be cross-eyed by now. Welcome!
March 04, 2010 02:14AM
Naaaa....... Mind boggling.. Took a few weeks but got er done.

You have a great site Tom. And thanks.

Happy Hunting!
March 04, 2010 07:13PM
I just bought last week a MLE se pro...but i still am in the market for a

good cz5...awsome machines.

Hey Dan...remember that cz7apro i bought from you like 8 or 9 years ago!!!

Haha...That was a great machine too!

-MK

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2010 09:32PM by PanMan.
March 05, 2010 02:05AM
Hey Mike,

I sure like that 3D you sold me. I did find a couple of diamond encrusted platinum rings with it and tomorrow we're going to hit a 20's house in an exclusive section of town. High hopes. Also we'll be making DVD's of Tom's seminar here and they'll be available. Plans are for one on Relic hunting and one for Beach & Water hunting. I know you want to come down for it, but it is a long commute. We've had a terrible winter, not as bad as yours, but should up in 70's by next week when we have the seminar!

Wally
March 05, 2010 03:11PM
Wally my buddy ol pal,

I'll be in surgery on Monday, back home Friday/Sat.

Not doing travel for a while...but yeh, you know I wanted to be there for Tom's discussion and to hit the sand with you (and Tom if he doesn't mind being out hunted by "the masters") but my surgery's really killing that time frame, regarding life outside of my home/recovery...
Hey, I believe I have an article coming out in one of Lost Treasure Magazines summer editions regarding shipwrecks and beach hunting...Send me a dvd and i'll send you the LT issue.
Good luck on the old homested, that cali 3d ya got will hit hard there...
I hated parting with it, but by selling it to you, I could sell it cheap and fast and still feel good, knowing it went to a good home.
I did wonder if u still had it, was to ask u last time we talked but i forgot.
We are warming up...20's to 30's today.

Expect a call in 2 weeks.

smiling smiley -Mike

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2010 06:49PM by PanMan.