Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DEUS 3.2 (Video added 8/2/14)

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: DEUS 3.2 (Video added 8/2/14)
August 07, 2014 12:29PM
silverhound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The only down side to the Deus is the fact that ID
> numbers are about worthless past 3" in modern
> sites. I get sick of digging 4" plus old style
> pull tabs that ring in anywhere from 70 -90 . It
> will hit some good old masked coins that other top
> end machines have passed over but you wont have a
> clue what you are digging until it hits the light
> of day most times in modern trashy sites and you
> better plan on digging a lot of holes . At older
> relic type sites it is awesome in more ways than
> one though . It just is not a cherry pickers
> machine in any way shape or form but the lightness
> is wonderful next to my CTX 3030 .

yep, 'hail mary' digging is why I stick to my G2 for modern sites. I only use it for clad/jewelry though....pretty much my only style of md'ing lately as I sold my CTX due to the offensive weight combined with an aging body....
waiting for a digital CZ or FBS II in a 705 enclosure.....some day.....then I'll try hunting for oldies again....
Re: DEUS 3.2 (Video added 8/2/14)
March 30, 2016 04:58AM
A very good thread here.

Some talk of settings here too for the heavy iron and nails hunters.

Has anyone compared the 9 and 11" coils for depth,, as far as calling a nonferrous target,, a nonferrous target vs iron in F75 indicated 5 bar ground???

And Keith if you read this I have a question,,,

Take the Deus with say 9" coil.

In F75 indicated 5 bar ground,,, on deeper nonferrous targets say ' nickels",,, that have no iron around them,, stand alone nonferrous targets,,,,does the Deus at depth,, up average and throw the meter reading to the 90s range and give the high tone----- which is usually what I see here in my soil-- 4 bars.
You see I do see the Deus reading low, sometimes even below disc reading on nonferrous targets in nail pits,,, but on clean isolated nonferrous targets-- my Deus seems to always read on the money,, sometimes a bit high on the meter,,or trends into the 90s range. I never do see it down average on these isolated nonferrous targets no matter how deep the targets are.

Or does the Deus when operating in super high mineral soil--- can it do both,,, meaning depending on depth of target,, up average into the 90s range on meter,,,and read low below disc reading giving iron TID and tone--- this on an isolated nonferrous target???

Or is it possible here in my soil--- some of my iron readings are actually deeper nonferrous targets??
I guess what I am trying to understand is how does the Deus transition say from reading an isolated nonferrous targets from reading in the high 90s region --- to reading in the iron region and providing iron tone--- as the depth deepens.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2016 05:44AM by tnsharpshooter.