Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Took the F19's to a local park

Posted by wjs 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
wjs
Took the F19's to a local park
August 09, 2014 09:40PM
Me and Kenny (KHouse) took the F19's to one of the local parks. These parks have been hit hard over the years and silver is hard to come by. From time to time we will dig some still. Kenny headed for the tot lot to try and find some jewelry. I stayed in the grass. It wasn't long before he started getting targets. Just junk jewelry, clad coins and the usual stuff. He gets a deep nickel signal that the F19 locks on to. He digs down and recovers a 1911 V nickel......A bit later he gets another signal and recovers a deeper buffalo nickel. These targets were down below the gravel layer into the dirt. I then join him in the to lot and manage to pull up a junk ring from pretty deep. The F19 will hit the smallest targets. Some of them were so small the pinpointer would hardly pick them up. The F19 is a nickel magnet. I would put it in the same class as a good CZ. I ended the day with 15 nickels and the usual other clad coins. I did manage to get one wheat penny.
Re: Took the F19's to a local park
August 10, 2014 12:53AM
Is this the first tine you have tried a High Freq FT machine?

If so seems to be working like it should for the Freq...

Hot on nickles...weak on high conductors..

Your best bet with the F19 will be working iron looking for low conductors like relics.. or doing like your doing now.. dont expect silver to jump out fo the ground ..get an Omega or F5 to compliment the F19 if you are pleased with what you saw..

neither one will out do a F75 S.E./T2 S.E. in my opinion on any target though with proper coil choices...The 5 inch coil and the BP mode in iron is the true equalizer on those machines against a G2 in iron..

the G2/omega compliment each other well as does say a GB/F19 and a F5 but if you want one machine split the freq and get more power with B.P.

I would not want a G2 or an omega to be my only detector both togeher yes......out of the 2 if I had to choose a keeper the Omega would win as more versatile...

Keith
August 10, 2014 12:57AM
There seems to be two versions on the depth of this detector. I believe that Fisher is going to have to make a statement on the performance of the F-19. I'm glad you like your detector. But there just seems to be a bunch of nasty things on the forums about the model.
August 10, 2014 01:01AM
Thanks for the report Bill.
wjs
August 10, 2014 01:55AM
Keith - I had a G2 for a bit. I really liked it too but for the places I hunt I wanted something with notch features. I have tried the F75 and F70 but the ID was way too jumpy for me. Even with a lower sens setting. I mainly hunt for coins in trashy parks and need something that is real accurate. If I hunted relics in iron it would probably be a different story. I have the Etrac also so I think I am good for now

Goodmore - I agree. I think the one I have is pretty good but still not up to the performance of the G2 I had but I can live with it. I think they are trying to make it right but I know that even some of the supposed repaired ones still did not work right.

D&P-OR - No problem.....;o)
August 10, 2014 01:06PM
Bill, it always seems you return to the Etrac. What was the reason you did not stick with the ctx3030? I have had both and the CTX does have features that the Etrac does not.

Just wondering and thought it may be that you have a lot of time with the Etrac.....

Tom in SC
wjs
August 10, 2014 06:04PM
To me they perform real close to the same. I think the Etrac actually has a better ID and sound. I also like the fact that there are a bunch of aftermarket coils and accessories for it. To me it is not worth having that much money tied up in a CTX when the performance is not that much better.

On another note.....I am really liking this F19. It is a killer in the trashy parks. Almost unbelievable in its ability to separate the trash from coins. I think it will replace the Etrac as the trashy park hunter. Not for deep silver though....;o)
August 10, 2014 06:14PM
I felt the F19 was faster in processing ...faster recovery...faster shutdown...narrower target report...Audio seemed really signal processed almost compressed...

Seems as if they are were trying to get it faster than a G2/GB...and as you Know faster will make a machine have less depth...this could be where the differences are in people seeing less depth...

Now the ones that did not work right were pitiful on depth but if you have one that can say report a nickle in the air at maybe 11 inches or so with the 5x10 try and use it in some iron infestation and see if it fills a void...

As fast as it seems I dont think it will ever be as deep as a G2.. maybe close but the 19 seems quicker...so give and take..

Keith
August 12, 2014 01:17AM
Bill, how does the 19 work in aluminum trash?
wjs
August 12, 2014 01:31AM
It works awesome in aluminum trash. I always run a lot of discrimination in places like that but it will still pull out the good stuff. I will have another video up in a few where I tested the small 6 1/2" f75 coil on it. This was a park loaded with junk. It still managed to find some coins even in the middle of the trash. A couple of the digs had trash located real close to the coin.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2014 01:50AM by wjs.