Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

"Paper" silver trading

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
"Paper" silver trading
August 15, 2014 10:19AM
Anybody aware (keeping track) of what's happening with world rules/reg's regarding "paper" silver trading today?
Re: "Paper" silver trading
August 15, 2014 10:41AM
No. Been too busy working and sleeping.....what's up Tom?
August 15, 2014 11:58AM
Yes, the London price fix is done, they are going to electronic trading. Im thinking the bankers will still manipulate as much as possible, but eventually they will get overrun. The Shanghai silver exchange is being drained of their physical silver by the Chinese people. Estimated to be empty in 7 months at the current drain rate. Its only a matter of time before the natural market forces take over.
August 15, 2014 02:28PM
possum mo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> its only a matter of time before the natural market
> forces take over.

hopefully I will have found a lot more silver by that time....
August 15, 2014 05:33PM
On a fast decline, and the masses are oblivious.

Silver is not the only thing you should be watching.
August 15, 2014 09:20PM
I'm not "up" on "paper" trading enough to understand what the implications of a switch from "paper" trading to electronic trading would mean...

To me, if you aren't trading "physical," then I don't count it as legit. Not sure if whatever is happening with respect to the rules/regs today means a switch back to "only physical," or not...

Also don't know what possum mo's reference to a "London Price Fix" means...

Steve
August 15, 2014 10:23PM
This may help explain some things:
[moneymorning.com]
August 15, 2014 11:03PM
Thanks for the link, Pimento. Sounds like the "hope" is ostensibly that there will be more "transparency" with respect to pricing silver. If it actually works out that way, that would have to be a good thing...

Steve
August 15, 2014 11:44PM
This is the pertinant part of that article(interesting admission as well):

"The former silver fix involved a small coterie of banks, where the head of a fixing committee would, by his own individual decree, determine the price at which auctions would take place. It was often criticized for the secrecy and even drew litigation under the suspicion that prices were being manipulated.

O'Connell said this new pricing model would deliver more transparency by giving market players the ability to monitor the buy and sell volumes offered in determining the price. As well as this, benchmark prices will be algorithmically calculated and independently determined, unlike the prior mechanism, in which it was settled on by an individual.

But there's already reason to think the new process will have the same problems...

The initial participants include three of the 11 market-making members of the London Bullion Market Association, and the other eight could join as the new fix matures"

There is nothing really new except a different band of thieves. JPM has been the thief in charge after the debacle with Bear Stearns during the Great Collapse and will now simply have a less transparent position through it's more overt henchmen and of course any questions can now be directed to the process of computer algorythms which are now responsible for price discovery. Nothing but slight of hand. The world is reaching the boiling point in international tensions and people believe the flight to safety is a path to the worlds reserve currency so the dollar rises as a result of their confidence in the status quo----the operative syllable there is "con". Oil price falls in the face of Middle Eastern turmoil and threatened supplies---we live in a cartoon.

Don't underestimate the FED.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2014 11:46PM by shoveler.
August 19, 2014 04:00AM
End of the petrodollar? [www.youtube.com] learned a new one "cypress haircut" got me thinking cypress haircut vs. patriot act haircut. When seconds count the police are only minutes away, and their " ACT " is going to protect me from terrorist?
Better get creative with your cache hiding techniques!!! P.S. wonder who started that term the one's with the haircut or the barbers?
August 20, 2014 03:03AM
Thats the world we live in! The worlds governments and banks are telling us all 2+2=5. Ask yourself whens the last time we had an audit on gold or any other metal. The world is a fast sinking ship and the worlds governments are bailing that sinking ship out with a stainer. All the while they are loading the lifeboats with the people that have created the problem. Physical metals are the only safe buy or in our case a wonderful find of the day.just a simple way of looking at a complex problem or at least thats what they want us to believe. Myself as well as all of you,we will be making withdraws at our local parks,fields,yards,schools,beaches and all those other places yet to be found...