Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher F75 S.E. with DST (Video)

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher F75 S.E. with DST (Video)
October 15, 2014 10:58PM
Heres My run down on the new F75 with DST and FA mode also iron volume control..

[www.youtube.com]

Also the ability to change Tone
[www.youtube.com]

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2014 11:19PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Fisher F75 S.E. with DST (Video)
October 15, 2014 11:26PM
according to the Fisher Facebook site the 'new' F75LTD's began shipping to distributors today....
October 15, 2014 11:38PM
Looks impressive. You just sold a bunch of those.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
October 16, 2014 01:00AM
Thanks for the videos!! Hoping weather holds out so i can still hunt once mine arrives smiling smiley
October 16, 2014 02:00AM
Thanks Keith..the question is how does it do in dirt and iron and masking and bad dirt, good dirt....will that be your next video? It would be great to see you hunt with the deus and the old/new fisher..I wonder what Tom's thoughts or testing is on this upgrade..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2014 03:31AM by Lawrenzo.
October 16, 2014 02:14AM
lawrenzo it's like any other F75 pretty much except it's quite...So you can see the full power of the BP mode...

The FA mode is really fast about like the DEUS on 3 reactivity speed wise...

they depth of the FA mode is not as HOT depth wise as the DE mode ...but its acceptable..It will find stuff in iron the regular F75 wont...

I honestly feel the F75 and the T2 needs to have user defined tone break while in 2 tone...or have the audio blend instead of one or the other tone only reporting at a time....

Keith
October 16, 2014 02:40AM
DST is awesome. Last spring year when I moved to Reno I tried to detect the yard of my new home, a 1936 brick bungalow. My F75 SE was non-functional. Gain all the way down, no matter what frequency I used, the thing blipped and chirped and numbers flew across the screen. My Gold Bug Pro had no problem at all. Even though my F75 was my favorite up until then I sold it for that one reason.

The first thing I did when I got the new F75 prototype to test was turn it on at my house. It ran quiet up to about sensitivity 85 and then a little EMI crept in above that, but still usable. An incredible difference, the difference between a detector that works and one that is useless.

Now it looks like my old Gold Bug Pro will be looking for a new home. I always figured I would probably end up with the F75 again and I kept my collection of accessory coils when I sold the old unit so I am good to go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2014 03:44AM by Steve Herschbach.
October 16, 2014 03:21AM
Keith----Is that the same 11" coil on this new F-75 LTD2 as on the older F-75's?----Or have they changed anything on that coil itself (for the new machine)?
October 16, 2014 03:23AM
Same coil Del..It so seems...

Keith
October 16, 2014 03:36AM
So strange that after all of this time it took so long to upgrade it. I think that the new, new one that I heard about will be the game changer, I'm sure the upgrade to the F75 is just buying them time and they have a ways to go to play catch-up but yeah the F75 is a great detector just not my cup of tea in Calif dirt...Thanks Keith now lets talk about the Nokta waiting to hear your thouhts after you test it...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

October 16, 2014 03:46AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Same coil Del..It so seems...
>
>
> Keith

That's good to know Keith.-----There was some earlier talk/speculation that the coil itself may have had a bit of a re-make also.-----I don't know if that "speculation" was in regard to the way the wiring was set in the coil---the cable shielding---or both.-------I was just wondering if you had tested both the older & this new 11" coil on the new 75.------It sounds like you see no difference in the performance in that regard though (coils).----------Thanks, Del
October 16, 2014 04:02AM
VLF detector transmit power long ago reached its practical limits. Analog reciever and analysis likewise. Digital sIgnal sprocessing (DSP) opened a new window. Unfortunately for us enthusiasts, most good engineers who could make big strides in the application of this new technology have been making huge salaries in wireless communication and military work. Here in the US there are probably less than 6 who have applied modern DSP ideas to metal detectors. First Texas has several of them.

The F-75 was a beast - power wise, but it's sensitivity wasn't matched by its signal procesing ability (including EMI processing). I suspect it took several years hard work to develop, on a virtual shoestring finiancially, the algorithms necessary to implement the DST and FA features.

In europe, things have been different. The lack of big bucks jobs in wireless and military industries made it necessary for bright, well trained young engineers to find other work. Some of those who didn't go to work for their various governments spy agencies ended up working on metal detectors. The original Fisher organization tried to take advantage of this by getting Dimitar to design radically new detectors. Unfortunately, that effort failed commercially and (somewhat) technically. The new crop in Europe are a mixture of original groundbreaking work like XP and careful exploitation of existing platforms like the T-2.

Our little corner of electronics technology is developing faster now than at any time since the breakthroughs of Ground Balancing Discrimination in the 70’s.

Fun.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2014 05:47PM by lytle78.
October 16, 2014 11:07AM
Looks like a fun machine. Does 1n just mute the iron rather than disc it? Wonder how the FA modes depth will be with the 5 inch coil. Looking forward to this machine since the current F75 is my favorite machine now.
October 16, 2014 02:42PM
Keith, are you seeing any perceptible depth loss going between the two version?
October 16, 2014 08:04PM
Interesting that it looks like Dave and the Fisher team ARE listening to our critisims of the F75, as we see new features implemented to resolve those issues such as the variable LED lighting with the ability to disable it on the F19, and now the DST on the F75 which was pleagued with EMI issues IMHO.

I have the F75 LTD and it was quite problematic with EMI. At one point it had a non-EMI problem that I discussed with Dave J. and he asked me to send it back to FT so they could replace the motherboard and coil. After that change its been very stable in EMI, and I do a lot of city hunting around the San Francisco bay area which is inundated with EMI issues. Typically I'm able to run the machine from 80-99 sensitivity in places I previously could not prior to the motherboard swap. Makes me wonder if they did anything aside from just a new motherboard?
October 17, 2014 12:59AM
Well written extremely accurate words Lytle..

Keith
October 17, 2014 01:04AM
Very minute...I can hardly tell version 9.0 from version 9.1...yet by release date they may change that some...

the 1n mode is I believe jsut a disced out iron mode but yet it feels/behaves sort of differently...could be a different process going on...to be honest i have not used it enough in that 1n to say surely..

Keith
October 17, 2014 02:01AM
... and so, when will Fisher make something similar to this F75SE that is also waterproof? Looks like a fairly easy task.
October 17, 2014 02:32PM
A waterproof detector which a single frequency like the F 75 would probably not be a big seller.The reason of course is that single frequency machines are very limited in their ability to cope with wet salt beaches or under salt water. It has I believe already been announced by first Texas but they are working on a new waterproof detector. I would expect this to be a development of their existing two frequency CZ technology but hopefully in all digital format where the lessons they have learned in digital signal processing and be applied.

What is more interesting is that they have also clearly indicated that they're working on a pulse induction platform. If they really wanted to cover the marketplace they would develop this in two flavors - lightweight land only machine and a waterproof machine which necessarily would be significantly heavier. Why on earth Garrett doesn't market a slim land only version of their ATX platform for example is a great mystery. The ATX is a great detector but it's terribly handicapped for prospecting use due to its armor case which makes it weigh a ton.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2014 03:34PM by lytle78.
October 17, 2014 08:29PM
Keith on the new DST F75 is the light always on like previous F75 incarnations?

Thanks,
Brian
October 17, 2014 08:42PM
Yes it is always on..

Keith
October 17, 2014 08:48PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Yes it is always on..
>
> Keith

What a shame, I think it would be pretty easy to incorporate the adjustable LED setup from the F19.

A F75 DST with the F19 LED light setup would almost be enough to make me upgrade my F75 smiling smiley
October 17, 2014 09:20PM
Johnnyanglo Wrote:
> ... and so, when will Fisher make something
> similar to this F75SE that is also waterproof?
> Looks like a fairly easy task.

I'd jump all over a waterproof 75. I'm still stunned that no manufacturer has taken on the Garrett ATs in that vein. Lake Powell alone has more coast line than both sea coast combined , not that I'm going to detect it , but the freshwater lake/river/stream aspect is way overlooked by manufacturers and just the ability to be out in inclimate weather is a big advantage.
October 18, 2014 03:42AM
Look for something from fisher that is totaly different from what is out there now...but will it work? We should see it next year.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

October 18, 2014 11:16PM
Well, so far no one I checked with seems to have DST edition of the F75 Ltd.

In fact, the sale rep I spoke to at Kellyco had no idea what I was talking about.
October 18, 2014 11:36PM
According to Fisher they shipped to distributors this week.

Rick Kempf