Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher F75 Update

Posted by adespin 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher F75 Update
October 20, 2014 02:24PM
Well i'm kinda pi**ed off, just bought a new F75 SE a week ago only to come across this forum and find out that Fisher have gone and significantly updated it. Does anyone think Fisher would update my machine as a good will gesture, or am i whistling Dixie. (i'm in the uk).
Re: Fisher F75 Update
October 20, 2014 03:53PM
You should call them and the place you got it from and demand the new one

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 20, 2014 04:03PM
Since Fisher has announced that there will be an upgrade process - and said it would be announced by the end of October;

If you bought it from an authorized dealer in the UK, i would contact them and ask about the upgrade - or a return for full credit against purchase of the new model.

It's sort of like yesterday when I went to the Apple Store near me and wanted to see the new models announced last week. I was told that the iPad Air and iMac Retina models were not in the store yet. There were lots of folks looking at the current models. I'm not sure what they were being told about the new ones. Of course, here in the US at least Apple has a oretty generous return policy.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: Fisher F75 Update (F75S?)
October 20, 2014 05:00PM
Personally, I'm surprised how poorly Fisher is handling this upgrade to what is really a new model (with the same model designation?).
I took a look at a few Canadian dealer sites and the now 'old' version is shown with nothing being said about the 'new' version, i.e. they'll gladly take
my $ and ship me the old version....(caveat emptor)

This update/upgrade should have been announced when the 'new' version was available from dealers...ie all the old ones shipped back to the factory
for the update to be applied....and only the new version sold.....

Here we are with the new model having been shipped to distributors (USA anyway, Canada unknown) and if I buy one here I'll get the old
version and would then need to sweat through (and pay for) the hassle of shipping to Texas for an upgrade....when the actual details are published.

Very poorly handled Fisher/First Texas....your rep will drop another notch over this, similar to the (stupidly camo) F19 fiasco....
Re: Fisher F75 Update (F75S?)
October 20, 2014 05:30PM
Note - I edited this post just after I put it up. I removed some things from the original that were out of line.

Just a thought -

Maybe you should give one of your dealers a call and ask them what the situation is. Many MD dealers websites are slow to update to latest status since they typically have a third party doing the site. You might be surprised at how honest most of these folks are. I have found most of them to be honest upright individuals working hard to keep,a small business afloat.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 06:08PM by lytle78.
Re: Fisher F75 Update Fisher gets my atta boy
October 20, 2014 05:54PM
I think we are walking on new ground here and I think Fisher is doing a great job. Upgrades? Who ever imagined doing an upgrade when we first picked up our machines. I'm not complaining because they are considering an upgrade. It would be a lot easier to call the new machine at F80 and let us all keep our old machines and wish we had the new ones. Folks they are going out of their way to do something nice for us and head the hobby in a new direction. You won't hear me complain if the upgrade news doesn't reach me till next year. Honestly, I shouldn't complain if it never happens since nothing was ever promised or even dreamed about. Thanks, Fisher for sharing new things with your old customers.

Don
HH
October 21, 2014 04:27AM
adespin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well i'm kinda pi**ed off, just bought a new F75
> SE a week ago only to come across this forum and
> find out that Fisher have gone and significantly
> updated it. Does anyone think Fisher would update
> my machine as a good will gesture, or am i
> whistling Dixie. (i'm in the uk).

lets hope so!..i wish you luck think ya gonna need it!
you always have the option of selling it,and up grading that way!
it's only money,and you can always" hit a lottery" to make up the difference!

(h.h.!)
j.t.