Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ70 or F75 LTD for demo lot hunting ??

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ70 or F75 LTD for demo lot hunting ??
March 25, 2010 07:10PM
Interestingly some machines seem to fall flat on their face when hunting demo lots where the ground has been disturbed (think of a freshly plowed field).

I'm wondering if the CZ70 would be less affected by disturbed soil vs the F75 LTD, OR if there's a good setting on the LTD that would make it better in these conditions? I know there's a F75 plowed field mode, but my understanding is that it's not to address the disturbed soil issues as much as it is to help it ignore potentially changing mineral "hot spots" from cow urine and such.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Brian
Re: CZ70 or F75 LTD for demo lot hunting ??
March 25, 2010 10:19PM
Your biggest point-of-contention is not 'disturbed' dirt; rather, it will be extreme high trash content conditions.....due to demolition project, subsequently making the elliptical DD coil more of a necessity. Remember, you will most probably have more than one target underneath the coil at all times. This makes ID-accuracy impossible. A Disc '6' and Sens '70' would be your best bet. When you hear a somewhat solid sounding target.............see if the ID has a tendency to be (on average) more on the higher end...........or more in the middle.......or more on the lower end. This will help aid you in what YOU choose to recover.
March 26, 2010 01:06PM
Tom I should clarify, it's more park scrapes then razzed building demos I was curious about (typically fairly low trash).

Thanks,
Brian
That's easy...a CZ-70 Pro all the way smiling smiley
March 26, 2010 08:17PM
Even in disturbed dirt, the CZ-70 works great and it's deep...no real worry about EMI either. Just dig all the high tones, maybe some relic too and you'll be smiling...HH
Re: That's easy...a CZ-70 Pro all the way smiling smiley
March 27, 2010 11:58AM
Big difference. Yes, the CZ-70 will do VERY well in this type of environment.
March 27, 2010 05:47PM
I figured the CZ-70 might be the ace here, thank you gentlemen!