Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

trumped by a CZ6

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
trumped by a CZ6
March 29, 2010 04:27AM
Rybo & I were at GG park with one of his friends from the local detecting club. Rybo had the CZ3 I had the LTD and Mike had the CZ6. The ground was really hot it was like three bars 0.3 on the LTD we started to hunt and I would get a loud high tone in one direction and the detector seemed to not be picking out locking on to single targets, It seemed that ground was one big target.

Mike used a 8 inch coil, Rybo a 5 inch and I used the 11DD. We parked about a half mile away so I could not really use my 8000 or on the LTD and the 5DD. The one thing Mike did was dig a lot of one way hits on targets. He said he had pulled out more silver that way then looking for targets that repeated. This guy pulled out three silvers one being a key date morgan and all Rybo and I got was one wheat each. I got a bullet also.

I then started to think well if I dug evey one way target I may also find some silver in fact he is almost digging any target that sound good or bad. If I dug like that I would burn out really fast. It did seem that the LTD and the CZ 3 were really slowed down buy the ground and I wish I had the 8000 to see how it worked....

So what do you do in ground like that? The wheat I found gave a high tone in one direction and then a lower tone in the other direction. My Friends CZ 3 seemed to handle even worse. It may have been EMI and bad gorund?

The one thing I did do after taking the LTD out of boost mode and lowering the sens and changing the freq was go into mono tone and return to boost mode. I did find that even no my detector was going off on a lot of iffy targets the one tone did seem to allow me to have a cleaner hit on a target but I had to look a the meter all of the time.

I switched to mono tone just before I left and wish I had thought of that before to see if I could have locked on targets better and had the time to really test this out.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: trumped by a CZ6
March 29, 2010 03:47PM
Lawrenzo,

A couple of things. Was Mike ground balancing the CZ6 every so often where Rybo was not. I know when using my CZ's I make it a point to check the GB every so oftern, expecially when the machine starts getting a little erratic.

Did Mike run it in normal or salt mode ?

Last thing...I am finding that the stock 8 inch coil may be the best overall coil to use in most if not all conditions. I was at a beach yesterday where there was tons of iron and mineralization and the 8 inch ran super smooth.
March 30, 2010 12:56AM
Sounds like really bad ground. TRY AN EXPLORER! Also............check the coil connector on the back of your F75. Yes........try monotone with Disc '6'......and lower Sens settings. Grnd Bal sounds to be VERY important here.
March 30, 2010 03:50AM
Why can't the LTD handle hot ground? Would the new gold machine work better in bad ground....I don't want to buy an explorer....

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

March 30, 2010 04:24AM
Wow a morgan silver dollar!?!?!

How deep was it?

I've had my LTD at GGP many, many times and never had a problem with it. What part of GGP were you guys at that the ground was so bad?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2010 04:26AM by Cal_cobra.
March 30, 2010 03:14PM
Well lets say where we were was a spot that we learned about that has a lot of silver and when you GB the ground is so hot that it makes it very hard to get a hit on a target. We were at another place in GG and the LTD was perfect and very deep. The reason it is so hard to pull any coin out of the ground is the ground itself so that is why a lot of guys have moved on.

Our other friend would dig a ghost target and pull out silver he ended up with three silver coins in about two hours. The morgan was a key date.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

March 31, 2010 12:27AM
When the ground is highly mineralized..........it'll shut-down nearly all VLF units. Only PI's are virtually unaffected; yet, have no ID capabilities (yet) rendering their application useless.