Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 LTD - How to co-exist when hunting next to an Etrac or Explorer ??

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 LTD - How to co-exist when hunting next to an Etrac or Explorer ??
March 31, 2010 07:47PM
I frequently hunt with friends that have Etracs, and occasionally Explorers.

Yesterday was a frustrating experience after my buddies Etrac jammed by LTD. I would walk over a 2" deep merc and not hear it, and here he was cleaning up after we just spent an hour busting our azz clearing a fallen tree to hunt a new spot at our lost camp (I think he ended up with 4 silver dimes and a silver thimble that I walked right over, but couldn't hear because of his Etrac was jamming my LTD). The area was small, about 20'x30' so it was close quarters and we were right next to each other.

I wasn't too sure how to remedy this, so we decided to do a few tests and I suggested that he hit his auto-channel selection (noise cancel I think it's called on the ET) while he stood next to me and I hit the pinpoint trigger so the F75 would be sending out it's maximum signal and crossed my fingers that the ET would no longer jam my F75. I think it worked, but by this time the Etrac had cleaned out our newly cleared spot.

Is there a better way for the F75 LTD to co-exist with the Etrac ?

Thanks,
Brian
Jeb
Re: F75 LTD - How to co-exist when hunting next to an Etrac or Explorer ??
March 31, 2010 09:35PM
Why didn`t you change the freq on your F75 aswell , you have from F1 to f7 to play with ?
April 01, 2010 06:46AM
Jeb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why didn`t you change the freq on your F75 aswell
> , you have from F1 to f7 to play with ?

I did try this, all seven frequencies, and it didn't help. I suspect the LTD's seven frequencies are too close together to mitigate the Minelab.
April 01, 2010 10:51AM
I suspect you've already found the best solution. In my experiences with my ETrac, the F75 is not the only detector that it interferes with - even other ETracs. Having them auto noise cancel is about the best way to hunt next to them. Tune yours first, then let him tune his to avoid your frequencies.
April 01, 2010 09:49PM
The Explorers put out a large spectrum of Freq's......and.....sometimes.....there is nothing you can do about it. It'll impact the F75.....with minimal hope for 'some' mitigation.
April 02, 2010 12:14AM
I was in a field with a friend who uses a E-trac. We were standing not 5 feet apart when I got a reptable high tone, vdi @ 90. I asked him to swing over the target w/ the e-trac, he did, and said the signal was broken and it was trash/junk. Of course I'm going to dig it...have to. As I dug down I remember thinking, man I hope this is a nice coin winking smiley. Six inches down and I pull out an old flat button with a nice green patina, about 1-1/8" dia. Now I did have the 4x6 coil on the f-75, not sure if that changes things as far as interference goes. I wonder if the f-75 was jamming his e-trac.....a little roll reversal, hah!

Cal, are you saying the jamming was silent?
April 02, 2010 06:00AM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was in a field with a friend who uses a E-trac.
> We were standing not 5 feet apart when I got a
> reptable high tone, vdi @ 90. I asked him to swing
> over the target w/ the e-trac, he did, and said
> the signal was broken and it was trash/junk. Of
> course I'm going to dig it...have to. As I dug
> down I remember thinking, man I hope this is a
> nice coin winking smiley. Six inches down and I pull out an
> old flat button with a nice green patina, about
> 1-1/8" dia. Now I did have the 4x6 coil on the
> f-75, not sure if that changes things as far as
> interference goes. I wonder if the f-75 was
> jamming his e-trac.....a little roll reversal,
> hah!
>
> Cal, are you saying the jamming was silent?

I couldn't hear any interference from his ET, but I was walking right over silver dimes and couldn't hear a thing. The silver dimes were only 2" - 6" deep, and a silver thimble too, all targets I walked right over and heard nothing. We've hunted together in close proximity before and although I've suspected a few times that I had diminished potential, the LTD was still working OK, but not this time.
Jeb
April 02, 2010 10:01AM
Just take his E trac off him and Stamp on it. Then say Whoops.Problem solved.LoL