Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Teknetics G2 users .....whcih are your favorite headphones?? Please advise.

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Teknetics G2 users .....whcih are your favorite headphones?? Please advise.
December 21, 2014 12:15AM
Since I am going to hold off on a new unit for a while, I think that I will spruce up my present unit. New aftermarket coil (undecided) and new headphones. The headphones I am now using are Fisher cheapies. They have a coiled cord that is much too short. I like to be able to lay my detector on the ground whilst digging. And the headphones that I have will not allow me to do that. Cord is too short. Plus, the tonal quality could be better. Plus, the life expectancy of these phones (I have owned twp pair before this) is not that long until shorts start appearing.
I am willing tp invest whatever for a TOP RATE pair of headphones that meet my few requirements. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I'd appreciate it!
Re: Teknetics G2 users .....whcih are your favorite headphones?? Please advise.
December 21, 2014 12:25AM
I liked the Bushmasters with my G2.
December 21, 2014 01:11AM
Bose QuietComfort 25 Over-Ear Noise Cancelling Headphones, these are great for noisy areas and do double duty on my macbook and iPad....
December 21, 2014 03:11AM
The cord's not too short ---you're just too damn tall.
If I remember from your bathroom selfie you have to be pushing 6' 6 or your door is mighty short smiling smiley
Have you considered going wireless with some of the Rapoo 3070's for 50 bucks. Not sure how they would work on your G2 but they work well on an etrac. Sound is surprisingly good for the cost and the comfort is unbeatable as you don't even know they are there.
December 21, 2014 04:02AM
I second the bose....but the cord is wimpy and wants to lay in front of my lesche when digging
Gray ghost originals work good too.
December 21, 2014 07:03AM
Killer Bs

Keith
December 21, 2014 11:46AM
I'm using Killer Bee's (green ones) on my G2...and the 5x10 DD white factory coil....great setup smiling smiley
December 21, 2014 01:13PM
I don't lay the detector down any more when digging, even when doing manicured lawns.

You just need an TargetExtractor MK II,.... LOL

Dig the plug, then pick up the plug and get the target.
I'll post some pics of this home made digger.

HH
Johnb
December 21, 2014 04:35PM
I'd like to see that digger, JohnB. Might have to get one.
@ Shoveler.... I'm 6'4". You just missed by two. And yes, that is the crux of the problem.
I have some Killer Bees here that I used ALOT. They finally developed a short. They have a cord that is long enough, even for me.
Thanks for the replies guys. Ordering some new phones tomorrow. Merry Christmas. kevin
December 21, 2014 05:24PM
+1 on the Bushmasters